Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 04:37AM

https://news.yahoo.com/hobby-lobby-advocates-christian-run-022344167.html

Hobby Lobby advocates for a Christian-run government in Independence Day ads placed in many national newspapers

https://hillreporter.com/commentary-hobby-lobby-faces-backlash-for-july-4th-ad-claiming-only-christians-belong-in-america-105896

July 4th is a holiday to celebrate the literal birth of our nation, but some people have to go and ruin the party by making it all about just SOME Americans instead of all of us. Interestingly, it’s always people who claim to be religious (subtext: almost always Christians) who make the unilateral decisions as to who belongs and who doesn’t. Strangely, they’ve made the arbitrary choice to only care about people who think and look exactly like they do, and therefore they believe the whole country should think the way they do.

But hey, it’s not a cult or anything.

A Christian-owned chain, Hobby Lobby has been crafting hateful newspaper ads every July 4th since 2008, not that anyone asked them. Pretty weird how they’ll bend the Constitution and the Bible to their will and cherry-pick the parts that work for them while ignoring the core truths and values, but hey, that’s how hypocrisy works. Super convenient to overlook that “separation of Church and State” thing in the Constitution, because you can do the GOD WILL SMITE YOU IFFEN YOU DON’T GROUPTHINK WITH US and sleep at night while your head still remains firmly in the sand.

Mormons are also on this train:
https://abn.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/ensign/1992/02/the-divinely-inspired-constitution

Response from the Freedom From Religion Foundation:
https://ffrf.org/hlr/HobbyLobby.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2021 04:43AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 04:53AM

It was called the Dark Ages.
And it lasted for a thousand years.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 04:56AM

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 06:47AM

Isn’t the Taliban still in Afghanistan?

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 10:17AM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn’t the Taliban still in Afghanistan?
===============================

Taliban and Hobby Lobby are overachievers

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 12:38PM

I saw that full page ad in our one print copy of the trib we get on Sunday. It just went on and on but I didn't know who was sponsoring it. I finally found the hobby lobby name clear down at the bottom in small print. I figured it was either their doing or Scheels. What a waste of newsprint.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 06:52PM

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 08:39PM

I suspect that Mitt Romney didn't ever win the Presidency because he is both a Mormon and also a former Mormon leader (Stake President). I might have voted for him myself if his allegiance to the Mormon church wasn't sealed with his own consent to have his throat, chest, and stomach cut-open as a "penalty" if he didn't keep his covenants to the church. The USA would have moved closer than ever to becoming a Mormon theocracy if he had won.

Eliza Dushku (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) has spoken quite critically of him in the past. He used to be her Stake President before she left the church as a child. That's a fascinating story if you want to Google it. Too many people knew him and what he was about and it wasn't good. Too many people understood the pending theocracy-imposed damage that might happen if he ever got in to power.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.