Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: adamisfree2006 ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 06:45PM

My annual post remembering our departed poster "Deenie the Dreaded Single Adult" who left us June 15, 2009. Hard to believe it has been 6 years now. Fortunately many of her posts have been captured and archived someone in cyberspace.

I was fortunate to have met her IRL. She was a gem. Many of you older posters will remember her writing wit and stories of being a single adult in the LD& church.

Anyway, RIP Denise and thanks for sharing your humor with us...

Adamisfree2006 (formerly on_my_way_out_2)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: July 14, 2015 06:56PM

My hard drive remembers bites of her thoughts that I treasure too.

No wallfowers in her heaven now.

(((<3)))

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 03:58AM

Six years. . .doesn't seem possible. She fought that awful disease with such grace and class. I hope she knows that she is remembered and cherished.

I don't remember whether she had a single bishop from Hell, or just had a talent for collecting several of them - but she ran into some corkers.

I'll never forget the one who tried to convince her that she needed to pay tithing on the value of meals she ate at her parents' home. There are words vile enough to describe such a person, but I'm too polite to use them in a public forum.

Thank you, Deenie, for the memories you left with us.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 04:49AM

She was a lovely person, though I never got to know her personally. I seem to remember her being a great musician, too. RIP

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 05:19AM

Deenie was a class act. I remember and admire her ability to put a funny spin on the most horrendous acts perpetrated against her.

RIP Deenie, you are missed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 05:20AM by caedmon.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 08:19AM

A lovely lady with a great sense of humour and a beautiful singer.

Much missed.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 08:53AM

She was way too intelligent for the likes of Mormonism. A lovely person.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 09:34AM

Deenie was wonderful in so many ways, and missed in so many more.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 10:02AM

She was part of a folk singing group - lovely voice -- I used to listen to her music.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 08:35PM

And now we've lost SuzieQ too. :(

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 10:54AM

Thanks for the reminder. I have some of her posts archived and still laugh and shake my head when I read them.

Posted by: kak75 aka kak57 ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 01:29PM

I also remember reading Deenie's posts and identifying with her place in life (single female adult). She was one of the posters who stayed long in my memories.

After being off and on RFM, I came back some later to find out she had passed away to my sadness and shock.

RIP.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 01:37PM

Her posts were classic!

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 15, 2015 02:05PM

Posted by: adamisfree2006 ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 01:49PM

I have been posting and lurking on RfM since early 2005. I stumbled on this post from 4 years ago. Hard to believe Deenie left us 10 years ago. My wife and I were fortunate to have met her and have dinner with her. She was as amazing ire as her posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2019 01:50PM by adamisfree2006.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 03:51PM

hard to believe. She was one of my favorites. Does anyone have any of her stories that could be archived? She really was able to put her experiences into words.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 06:55PM

There used to be a Youtube video of Deenie and her group - anybody got the link?

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 11:48PM

For that matter, we haven't seen wine country girl here in quite a while.

Hope she is OK.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 06, 2019 11:53PM

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL678/3529167/12324162/189885948.jpg

I still keep her IRL info in my phone book. She was a strong and classy lady.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: August 07, 2019 03:48AM

She had a beautiful voice, both for singing and in her writing here. She is sorely missed. RIP

Tom in Paris

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 07, 2019 06:53PM

Don't forget Ausgaz, Flattop, and Queen Bee, either. I'm sure there's someone I'm missing. Ausgaz planned to come see me while he was on business in the states, but shortly after we made plans, he suddenly passed away. I loved Deenie, too. Shoot, we all loved her.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: August 08, 2019 03:39AM

Deanie was on RFM, the first time I posted, over 12 years ago. I was also a Mormon single adult female. She was like a soul-mate to me, only she had more grace and humor than I could muster. So many of my experiences were similar, and she described them very well. It helped to be able to laugh at the ridiculous. She helped me dispel a lot of my anger, bless her heart.

I wish I had kept some of her posts, but I didn't know how, back then. Now, I wish some of you who have archived her would re-publish them here.

I'll never forget "The Christmas Stocking."

Her story of the Relief Society single sisters being served last, and having to sit on the stage steps made me laugh and cry at the same time. The same thing had happened to me and my single friends in our ward. Why did we subject ourselves to that kind of treatment? I guess we all wanted to be "sweet." Deanie really was kind and loving. She made others happy with her music, as well as her personality.

I miss you, Deanie the Dreaded Single Adult.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 08, 2019 04:03AM

Lovely memories. I liked Deenie's music too. And her posts were legendary. I was so sad she didn't get more time to enjoy her postmo status.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.