Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 19, 2021 10:55PM

I try not to fall for the teaser headlines but this one about mormons was too tempting. I got as far as the second screen. It showed a shot of the Hill Cumorah pageant cast and the explanation "did you know that the mormon church re-enacts the wildly popular Broadway play "The Book of Mormon" by Trey Parker and Matt Stone every summer at a place called the Hill Cumorah with a 10 story stage and hundreds of cast members? Thousands of people are said to join the mormon church after seeing it"

After I stopped laughing out loud at such an absurdity, I was done going any further down their rabbit hole. Yep, these writers and researchers really know their stuff....<snort>

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 12:00AM

I spent hours watching youtube videos on the old Testament. The instructor seemed to be well informed and tied historically confirmed third party reference and was easy to understand his presentations.

Then.....he did another series on the history of Christianity.

At one point he talked about mormonism.

He kept referring to Oliver Rigdon and said Joseph was gunned down on the streets of Nauvoo.

after listening to his presentation I doubted every one of his previous presentations.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 23, 2021 12:18AM

... reminds me of thinking what a great person so and so is, and you go over his/her list of qualities and you feel a bit of pride that you get to be around this person a bit and then you see them kick a stray dog for no reason . . .

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.