Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dot matrix printer ( )
Date: September 14, 2021 12:21PM

I thought you would like to know about the only disciplinary council that I was indirectly involved in and about the outcome. It did not involve law of chastity but a criminal act and serious felony convictions.

Two young men in their 20s stole dynamite with the intent of blowing up a highway overpass. They created pipe bombs and I think they had help from other family members. One surrendered peacefully when served with a warrant for his arrest, the other went hog wild and attacked the arresting officers.

The bishop was visiting both and the older one was fairly hard core about his actions. The younger one was scared and had some remorse about the entire matter. A local Mormon was defending them and requested members to plead for mercy by flooding the court with letters; that they were just misguided youth. Fat chance! They were bullies and as priests, they would bully and push the smaller deacons as they walked into the chapel.

My role as ward clerk was small, however I sat in the weekly bishopric meeting and knew of the impending church disciplinary court at the stake level. The entire family as well as certain ph leaders were prepared to speak on their behalf.

One of the counselors asked if there was any indication as to how the two cases would go. And I thought that was a dumb question. Just goes to show how naive I was about church protocols.

The bishop piped up. -Yes, it's been decided that the oldest will get exed and the younger will be disfellowshipped.

I was told not to worry about doing any reports. All the reports would be submitted by the stake president and stake clerk.

The only thing I was told to do was to physically separate the official church records that were locked in a secure storage box. They were removed to an area in the office where the "move out" records were stored. At that time, we had no records of members who had resigned.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: September 14, 2021 12:27PM

Interesting story. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.