Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: October 13, 2021 09:11AM

MAGA Gun Church That Worships With AR-15s Has Bought a Giant Mountain Property in Tennessee

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4avkdw/rod-of-iron-ministries-purchases-property-in-tennessee

This is one of the son's of the late Rev. Moon. This place is about 1.5 hours from my home. More crazies coming here. Sigh

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 13, 2021 09:29AM

I am sorry Eric but I just can't help but laugh. You really DO live in The Heart of Cult Country!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 13, 2021 10:44AM

I was hoping they were moving out of eastern PA, but it sounds like they are expanding. Their PA base is in Newfoundland, a small town (2400) in the middle of the Pocono Mountains resort area, which is very rural.

The article is pretty detailed. These people sound seriously neurotic, or worse. They make Mormonism look downright mainstream, though the Mormons crank out some pretty spectacular nutcases too, like Chad and Lori.

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: October 13, 2021 10:50AM

For good or bad most rural areas in Tn are Live and let live semi libertarian. You can have a real nice place and your next door neighbors can be scumbags with filthy ways,but that's the price you pay to live a little freer.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: October 13, 2021 10:52AM

We were in Knoxville recently and saw the huge Catholic Basilica there. It's a monstrosity, so I'm not surprised other nut cases are moving in. https://shcathedral.org

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 13, 2021 12:08PM

Good gawd. I thought it was creepy enough when I was in AL that a church by me had a shooting range (because Jesus, freedom and guns!).

"Training center" my rear. That is a group of militia type people who are vulnerable and fine with hurting themselves and others.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 13, 2021 03:37PM

The younger Moon didn't get the keys to the kingdom, so he found other sheep to fleece.

The incredulity of humanity never ceases to amaze me.

This reminds me of stories of early Mormon converts who literally gave *everything* to LD$, Inc. It's the same for any cult group.

But this one is armed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.