Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 03:49AM

Against *all* advice (legal and otherwise), I am making this one last post since Cheryl and Deb have been asking about me.

For the past five years, I've been embroiled in a battle with the local Mormons. When we left the LDS church, our family was harassed beyond all reason. I've written extensively about our exit experience here on RfM.

I recently escalated the situation by calling the Mission President this week on his personal cell phone and asking him to call off his missionaries permanently. I also contacted my attorney to draft a "cease and desist" letter on my behalf. I posted this information on RfM last week.

Almost immediately social services sent a representative out to interview my children at their various schools. Based on the questions being asked my kids, I believe church leaders made the call. My children were asked about issues that I posted on RfM months ago - even events that I blogged about on the old board that are no longer archived here on RfM. It appears that the church has been monitoring my posts for a long, long time.

I don't live in Utah and I've always been skeptical about the level of paranoia and fear of the church exhibited by RfM posters living in the Mormon Corridor. After all, this is America, right? We have freedom of religion and freedom of speech, right?

Or do we???

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints RETALIATES against those who speak out publicly against them. I never really, really believed the stories by Steve Benson and others. It all just sounded so "Soviet Union." But I believe it now.

So, I'd like to address the Mormon "tattle-tale" personally if I may (since I'm certain now that they are monitoring this board) . . .

Our family is in a great place right now. We've been in marriage/family counseling for almost a year. We shut down our foster care operation months ago. Since then, we've been remodeling and cleaning our home as a fresh start. Each family member (including me) has started a new venture (such as sports or school). There is a wonderful excitement in the air at our home, and we are all looking forward to the future as a family.

I might be silly and outrageous online and in person with the Mormons but it's just an act. I behave that way because the ONE SINGLE THING that angered me about the temple was being forced to covenant to "avoid all lightmindedness, loud laughter and evil speaking of the Lord's annointed." I have always been a fun, vivacious person but apparently that doesn't go over well with Mormons. It must mean I'm a *CHILD ABUSER*.

Nope. ;o)

I have a strong theater background and I am truly, truly "putting on a show" when Mormons come to my door. I also have an undergrad degree in journalism and I can write outrageous, funny stories. The basic facts in my posts are true but I am prone to wild exageration. (Didn't your mother ever teach you not to believe everything you read on the internet Mr. Mormon tattle-tale?!) After all these years, I *have* to laugh or I'd cry over the bizarre ex-Mormon situation I find myself in.

So, no . . . I'm not an unfit parent. I don't abuse or neglect children. I'm completely clean and sober. And the social worker will find that out very quickly when she shows up at my home in the morning. I have no problem taking a drug test.

Converting to the LDS church over 20 years ago was the worst mistake I ever made. We are happier as Catholics now - our kids are thriving in their new faith. The younger ones don't even remember ever being Mormon.

So it's time for me to let go. I'm not going to continue to fight against such a giant corporation, especially one that goes after little children. Shame. On. You. SHAME!!!

I told my husband that they are probably going to excommunicate him for apostacy now. He never resigned out of respect for his elderly, ill parents. But, ultimately, I guess it will be a good thing if they kick him out of the club because at least the missionaries will stop coming by every couple of months trying to reactivate him.

I love all of you on this board. RfM has saved my life and my sanity more than once (really). But, it's time for me to move on. My fight is over. However I know there are hundreds upon hundreds of you out there who will carry the torch . . . because the church is just THAT sick.

If I didn't believe it before, I surely do now. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a cult.

A CULT.

Shannon ;o)
(Formerly JackMormon'sWife)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2011 07:48AM by shannon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 04:02AM

Why not use your journalistic talent and write the tale with enough brevity (names changed to escape penalty) for it to be taken up by the media?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2011 02:10PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 04:22AM

Yeesh! You want me to get murdered?!

;o)

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 04:35AM

Definitely not

But fear is how the Mormon Church suppresses people from bringing into the light of day its real behaviours.

You could write a work of 'fiction' like The Book Of Mammon...

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:09AM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 04:39AM

I've been furious over the morg monitoring your posts for years and spewing relaliation in an attempt to shut down an effective voice of reality.

I treasure meeting you in person and very much care about you as a wonderful, good, and loving exmo.

I agree -- Shame, shame, shame!

Shame on the cult. Shame on the sneaky morg monitors. Shame on the locals for mistreating you and your children. Shame on the so-called church pr department.

Special shame on morg leadership top to bottom.

And still more shame on the mocking missionaries, the bishop, SP, and MP in your local area!

The bishop and former close friend who shunned a little handicapped exmo child in front of his own child and a host of impressionable merry-go-round riders is particularly loathsome! Shame on him!

The morg does monitor this board regularly. It does keep personal tidbits to use in odious ways. It has done it to me, to former poster Kymba, to many others I can't name.

The mormon cult is shameful!

A pox on it and everyone who steps up to apologize for the evil it spawns every day it operates.

I am so sad if anything I said or encouraged contributed to this sorry state. In a country with with freedom of religion and from it, with freedom of association, with freedom of speech, and property rights, only an evil nasty cult would set out to violate those freedoms and to harm children to save its sorry face.

It's shameful!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2011 04:50AM by Cheryl.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 05:50AM

You're right, it's a cult. What odious behavior! You have my sympathy and support.

Someone (a very cowardly someone) called CPS on one of my family members. That family member is and was one of the most responsible, loving, attentive parents I've ever seen. That family member survived the CPS visit and investigation just fine, and so too will you.

Hold your head up high.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 07:58AM

Yes, sweetheart, it is absolutely a cult. I used to defend it against such accusations, but came to realize that it really is a cult.

I'm so sorry these dip-wads have pushed you out. I've discovered one thing about bullies over the past few years. Bullies are bullies because they're actually dangerous. Sometimes it is best to simply keep out of their way.

I wish you all the best. *HUGS*

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 08:19AM

And the Mormons haven't won. They *may* have won a minor skirmish along the way but they haven't won squat. They've only shown themselves to be the insidious, pernicious cult that they are.

I really would love to hear how this all resolves itself. After the Mormons have sicced DCFS on you and after they excommunicate your husband (as you suspect they will), they will have used all the bullets in their gun. Then they will look stupidly at each other and say, "Now what?"

This board will be diminished by your absence and I hope that you reconsider and still grace us with your wit and wisdom from time to time.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:17AM

Skunk Puppet Wrote:
>
> I really would love to hear how this all resolves
> itself. After the Mormons have sicced DCFS on you
> and after they excommunicate your husband (as you
> suspect they will), they will have used all the
> bullets in their gun. Then they will look
> stupidly at each other and say, "Now what?"
>

I agree. After this the only thing they will have left is to just hold their breath and stomp their feet.

Come back when you can.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 08:45AM

I was just thinking that this reminds me of one of my TBM friends who wanted a divorce from her husband. Mormons have a long history of behaving like they've read too many spy novels.

One day she dropped a pen or something like that and looked under the bed to see if it had rolled under there.

She discovered that her husband had hooked up a baby monitor and put it under the bed. It was on. So she searched through the house and found the other half of the thing in the basement, where one could turn it on and listen.

He was spying on her, trying to get any dirt on her that he could, so that he could fight to keep the children. He wanted to prove that she was insane.

The intrusion into her private phone calls and private conversations with friends drove her to the point where she did end up going to the psyche ward at the hospital.

They decided that it was her husband who was crazy and that she needed to get out of that situation as soon as possible, before it killed her.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 09:35AM

I'm really sorry to hear all this, shannon. I really wish you had some sort of recourse against this anonymous tool that's making your life miserable. But nothing is more important than your little family.

You will be missed. Take care of yourselves. And maybe you can just check in now and again to say "Hey".

As for your malevolent stalker, well, he can go fuck himself.

Fuckwit. May your deplorable behavior be visited back upon you tenfold.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 09:38AM

You've been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember. :0)

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 09:43AM

Back when I first started coming here as "confused" you were a tremendous help to me. I can't even tell you how much some of your posts kept me from totally losing it.

I wish you the best of luck, and please check in once in a while to let us know how you're doing.

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 09:50AM

Sounds like the LDS Church is taking some cues from the Church of Scientology playbook. That is sobering.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:01AM

We'll miss you. Be kind to yourself

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:10AM

I too will miss you but I understand exactly why you feel the need to protect yourself and your loved ones. I am so sorry that you are the victim of a nasty, malicious, vengful stalker. I, too, hope that one day you can write all of this down and get it out to the public at large. NOTHING will destroy the image of the Mormon church faster than the light of day being exposed on their disgusting and vile practices of retaliation and abuse of those who disagree with them. Good luck, Shannon, and if you'd like to email me or friend me on facebook (my settings are private to friends only) then I would be honored to keep in touch with you in the future. However you do what you feel is best for you and take my best wishes with you.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:22AM

I'm sorry to see you go Shannon. I've really enjoyed your posts over the years. It's good to hear that your family is doing well now. After all a happy and successful life is the best revenge.

Always remember that you have friends here who love you just for being you.

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:30AM

You've managed to extricate yourself from a destructive cult, your marriage is doing better, and your family is happier. You've been through a lot because of that evil cult, but now you can move on to a better, happier life.

The mormon church is just like any other large, powerful organization. Stomp on the little people. Make lives miserable without any recourse. Lie, extort money, and on and on. Stupid cult.

Thanks for sharing your story over the years. You'll be missed at RfM :)

TG

Posted by: Symboline ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:51AM

Don't let those bastards get your kids! Hang in there.

Posted by: SD ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:54AM

SD in real life they are almost always surprised at how low-key and boring he is. SD on RfM is just an alter-ego who gets to say things I never would.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 10:56AM

Shannon - I'll miss you - you are one of my favorite people. I'm glad your life is happy when not being bothered by Mormons and hope that they will leave you alone now. I hope our path cross again.

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 11:23AM

Shannon, we will all miss hearing from you. From time to time, if able, please just drop in and say hi. I do realize you/y'all have "got to do what you've got to do". I hate it's had to come to having legal assistance, but maybe now, they can leave yourself as well as your wonderful family alone. There has to be a point/time in which they do back off. I'm so sorry all of you have been through this. They may be a "religion, of sorts" but this "well oiled machine" doesn't appear to conduct themselves as one. Especially treating children as they've treated yours. It appears as if these people who've made it all so difficult and intervening into y'alls life, would have to leave y'all alone. These people have got to have a life, themselves. They have jobs, family, etc. How can they have time or energy to harass someone and then even the children. I still commend yourself as well as your husband for taking great care of the babies. That, in itself takes such a special person. Please take care of yourself and yours.

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 12:38PM

Shannon, although I post infrequently, I read a lot of threads, and you have been one of my favorite people on RfM. I am sickened beyond expression by what is being done to you and your family. I wish you and your loved ones all the very, VERY best; all the positive and joyous thoughts I can muster up are yours, for what I hope is a successful and rewarding journey.
Your unspeakably vile tormentor and any other cult stalkers reading this are going to learn one way or another that they have already lost the war. The more hate and evil they dish out, the more it comes right back to them, and speaking personally, they've lost the next generation of intellectual feminists as well.
The Mormons may have won this particular battle, as you said Shannon, but those mother-fuckers have lost the war, and good riddance.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 12:54PM

Thank you for posting with your update, Shannon. There are many who care about you, even those of us who have not had a chance to meet you. Your posts have helped countless people!

When accused of something truthful but unpleasant, the Morg will stoop to whatever is necessary to make themselves look good and of the other party look bad, using sneaky and underhanded tactics. But then, that is just what CULTS do.

Best of luck to you and your family as you deal with this. When it is over, please let us hear from you!

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 12:55PM

I am beyond sorry to hear that you will no longer be a part of this community Shannon, I will definitely miss you. I wish I could say that it is beyond belief what vile levels the Mormons will stoop to, but unfortunately, it has become all too believable. I wish you the absolute best that life has to offer you and your family.

They may have played a particularly dirty card in this battle and driven you away from RfM my friend, but these bastards will never win the war. Hold your head high and your two middle fingers in the air(although not the second part when the CPS officer comes to the door, substitute a confident smile when you answer the door that time.)

I hope that some TBM person who still retains some small part of their humanity is horrified to hear of this vitriolic behavior by powerful Mormons, enough so as to wake them from their spell of brainwashing. Jesus Christ would never condone such behavior, nor would people in His true church ever abuse another human being in such a manner.

I am truly sorry to see you go, Shannon. Much love to you and your family.
Piper

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 01:35PM

I'm so sorry to hear about this. If you find out who it is, kick his/her a** for me.

Hugs to you.

Posted by: Starry ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 05:01PM

and EXTREMELY HAPPY in my new faith. And yes the Mormon church is a EVIL CULT.
Please email me sometime if you would like to communicate. I do not live in Utah or anywhere near Mormons thank God. We could talk about any thing and everything Mormon or Catholic!
My best to you and yours, everything will be fine.
Sending up prayers for you. Peace be with You. Brenda

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 06:45PM

wondering how I could reach you to consult briefly on some child issues I'm helping with. You posts were so vivid and your emotion so true, I knew I could get some helpful perspective from you.

Getting a visit from CPS is stressful, but you are safe. When I think of the people who monitor the board, I wonder how long it will be before they are out of the morg too. A lurker cannot forget what he has learned here, no matter how much "scripture" study he does...

Posted by: sfex ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 07:10PM

Shannon aka Jack Mormon's Wife...I have always enjoyed reading your posts. You truly will be missed.

As I recall you left the church at about the same time as my wife and I did, maybe a bit before us, and I always appreciated your comments to my posts.

I feel I am 80-90% healed at this point, almost five years post exit, so I don't post here much anymore, and only occasionally visit to read posts of interest, but felt compelled to wish you and your family the happiest of futures.

sfex

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 07:13PM

I'm so sorry for you and your family having to deal with this harassment, but the Mormon church has NOT won in this instance. You have exposed this vile behavior to others who visit this board. No doubt you will also end up verbally sharing your experience at some point with friends, acquaintances, co-workers, etc. who will also become better-educated about the cult as a result.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 07:21PM

Come back if/when you need us. We'll be here - the usual gang of misfits!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 07:22PM

cult cult cult

'if only' what the cult & it's leaders + sheeple were 'judged' by the same standards that they judge apostates...

Wouldn't THAT BE THE DAY ?!$*&#

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 07:24PM

We love you, Shannon. I'm speechless, what's happening to you, and so sorry you have to go through it, but am so glad you shared. The more we all know about this stupid cult, the better off we all are. Thank you. Am sending you all the light and love I know how.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 07:51PM

It's really scary to have CPS called on you, but I seriously doubt they're going to do ANYTHING about this except to do their jobs and check on the kidlets.

So I doubt if they've won anything at all . . .they've just made themselves look like the controlling and revengeful cult that they are.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 07:59PM

If you are Catholic, wave the flag. Put Mary in your front yard. The Mormons will either think Mexicans have moved in or it will scare them away. Catholic symbolism is to Mormons what garlic is to vampires.

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: April 13, 2011 08:45PM

Wishing you the best! Thanks for all your posts--they helped many people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.