Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: briantchrist ( )
Date: September 29, 2022 08:27AM

Meet the Mormons!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 29, 2022 08:50AM

Organized religion gives religion a bad name.

Thank ghawd for atheists, agnostics and Spiro Agnew!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 29, 2022 11:59AM

"Jesus is a nattering nabob of nonsense."

--"Mom" Ronzone, not Ronzoni, Madam of Manhattan (NV) and reseller of slightly used miners' socks since 1917

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2022 12:00PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 29, 2022 10:25AM

Disgusting. This is further proof that the Catholic Church (among others) is not interested in stopping child abuse in any helpful way.

Religions claiming the bill is interference into religious privilege so they can be protected for not reporting child abuse reminds me of whining about state's rights so they could continue enslaving people. They are not interested in doing the right thig. They are only concerned about doing whatever they want for their own benefit.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 29, 2022 11:11AM

The interesting thing to me is the clear disregard for the next generations. This is always a bad plan for a meme like a religion. If it there is more concerned for who is driving the meme then it's replication into the future what kind of mind virus is it?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 29, 2022 11:51AM

They don't care about victims.

They think that this a cost of being a religion/business/organization.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 29, 2022 12:18PM

It is and has been since the reformation. The victims before then had to die.

Posted by: blackcoatsdaughter ( )
Date: September 29, 2022 12:50PM

I watch only a few news aggregators and commentary youtube channels now and was delighted that yesterday this finally hit the Philip Defranco show. It's a big enough deal and getting mainstream enough, hopefully it spells some changes in the near future to this stupid exemption. And it also puts eyes on the abuses of the Mormon church. More and more every day the world is becoming aware of what the organization is.

I don't think it's a good organization and I would rather the whole thing dissolve than change(if you're going to join a church, join a different one that wasn't founded on lies and operated like a corporation). But if the LDS church is going to continue to exist, I definitely want outside pressure to be applied for them to change how victims are treated and how abuse is handled.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.