Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 03, 2022 12:02PM

I think this last conference is the only one for a long time now that I've not heard one single word about it from my family. Not a word.

It must have been either to sacred to talk about or really really a big bust.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 03, 2022 12:16PM

That's what I was thinking as well. My elderly Mom mentioned all the nice talks given on Saturday- nothing particular. She says the same thing every year. But she said nothing about Sunday.

And I don't make a fuss about her GC comments. She easily rambles along to another topic.

-I erroneously assumed no new temples were announced. I did a search and every hit was linked to April's GC. I guess the church was slow to notify the wire service. In the past, the internet was flooded with every LDS announcement.

Maybe the economy, lack of jobs and inflation is getting people down.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 03, 2022 12:24PM

One more thought-

Maybe just maybe the church is finally feeling defeated. All the bad PR, the constant the media misunderstands us.

Earlier they made a desperate plea (my interpretation) for young people to apply to serve missions. -Maybe the numbers are WAY off, extremely low.

Perhaps all of them (the very top) finally received true numbers about resignations.

They made some changes to the Youth Standards and a lot of exmos on the reddit group are upset.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 03, 2022 12:41PM

They are going to need to flush that 1995 "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" statement somehow. A lot of Mormons have that crap framed on their wall.

It's becoming clear that the world is not exactly buying the "family" values they push. Children are abused with more concern for the church than the children. Great gay parents are chastised in their church. The church causes division and heartbreak for families when some are not members.

Family planning and women's right to choose are issues they no doubt would pick the wrong side of history about if pushed (as usual).

Maybe they are going to lay off the harping about family for now. It's not working.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 03, 2022 01:55PM

In other news I just got an email stating that the support group I was a part of is shutting down. This was a group I joined recommended by a Mormon friend. The therapist who runs it is a Mormon. I think they thought they could help me back into the faith. They should know better but you know how it is.

I liked it. Religion never came up but the therapist mentioned now and then that she had a faith crisis group of LDS people. My friend had mentioned this when she suggested the secular group.

Well, the secular group is gone because the LDS group is now the therapist's focus. The therapist is going full time support groups for LDS people to help them heal and retain their faith.

I'd post the email but I respect the therapist. They aren't a bad person I think. But wow. Basically there is a growing market for groups to help them stay LDS.

I wonder when the letter and conference talk is going to come out warning against these things. There is gold in them there broken testimonies.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 03, 2022 02:04PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut2CEZinI6w

"I am Elmer J Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.