Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 29, 2023 04:07PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the notion behind an AI that it can know EVERYTHING and even create new content based on its governing assumptions (for instance, that the church is true)?

So if a mormon AI were to be created, it would "know" everything there was to know about mormonism and be able to not only preach it, but defend it!

Okay, yeah, but then about a week later, the first (of many) anti-mormon AIs would be created! And everyone could relax while the AIs battled it out, meaning (hopefully!) that there would never be a resolution and ...

Oops!!  Okay, that would bring us back to faith...and having to pick an AI and have faith in it...

But at least the church AI would surely do a better job of choosing people for callings; that alone might be worth it, based on how much it could save the church in NDA money!

All in favor of a mormon AI, signify by raising your right arm to the square and pressing "Y" in the app.  ...you'll be notified via the app two days before we pull your tithing from your account, you blessed child of Elohim, you!

Getting to the Celestial Kingdom has never been easier!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 29, 2023 04:10PM

Jesus,

Your posts are particularly fecund today. In fact, one might say you are full of fecundity.

Date: January 29, 2023 04:14PM

Any chance "oh fetch!" sprang from mormon fecund?

Also, and I'm only saying this here, rather than 'there,' because I'm just trying to have fun, not be a critic:  "what if continuing to live in the 'safe' United States, rather than moving to a 'more choice' country is the same as living in your parent's basement?"

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 29, 2023 04:26PM

I'm on your side, good sir!

In fact, I'd like to build a monument to commemorate your remarkable fecundity. The problem is finding an artist willing to produce a sculpture in the appropriate scale and color scheme.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 29, 2023 04:12PM

They can't create AI because they don't have any I.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 29, 2023 04:14PM

Not necessarily anti-mormon AIs, but certainly ex-mormon AIs...
What happens when AIs suffer from cognitive dissonance?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2023 04:15PM by Soft Machine.

Date: January 29, 2023 04:15PM

how about a jack-mormon AI?

Date: January 29, 2023 04:17PM

>
> What happens when AIs suffer
> from cognitive dissonance?
>

Cognitive dissonance is probably the order of the day in Arrondissement 46 after 10 pm...!!!!!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 29, 2023 05:46PM

Your post is full of redundancy. Mormonism is the original artificial intelligence. The glory of Mormonism is intelligence and Mormonism is artificial.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.