Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: EXON360 ( )
Date: January 30, 2023 03:34PM

I was having lunch at the Scottsdale AZ Cheesecake Factory. They had recently remodeled. I got sat in the bar area. While I was waiting for my food, I found myself staring into the section that is located under the dome. It reminded me of the Celestial room of a temple. It was bright and gold. I then looked at the bar where I was. The the thought continued. The bar area was also beautiful. It reminded me of the telesteria room. So I continued my assessment. Behind me, the section was nice but darker. Terrestrial room. The front desk, an instruction room. Two smaller sections, also instruction rooms. I couldn't see the kitchen, but I bet that looks like the creation room. The bakery area is probably the waiting room. Didn't see anything that looked like a baptistry, but I'm sure there is something there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: January 30, 2023 05:33PM

If they served cheesecake in the Celestial Room of a Mormon temple I may have been tempted back.

For a millisecond. Then rational thinking would have kicked back in. I would hope.

But I just had cheesecake last night. With strawberry topping. I'm still savouring it. In my mind.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 02, 2023 08:14PM

Excelcheese Deo

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 02, 2023 09:13PM

Costco cheesecake works for me…

just sayin’

Posted by: Caffiend nli ( )
Date: February 03, 2023 01:05PM

I visited the Boston (Belmont) temple during the pre-dedication open house. My wife remarked that the celestial room reminded her of the ladies' lounge at an upscale department store.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 03, 2023 03:52PM

I'd just like to officially register my agreement with the title of this thread ;-)

Like the "Hosanna Shout", but with napkins: Glory To Cheesecake!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2023 07:17AM by Soft Machine.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.