Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: January 28, 2023 06:41PM

eat your vitamins and get ready for things to happen or something to that effect. Other than dropping the name Mormon was there any need to take vitamins?

He also said that the restoration will continue to move forward at an amazing pace. And like the members will be impressed. What has been restored since he became prophet?

What I am seeing is a Church in decline spiritually, attendance declining, few people taking about the inspired program Come Unto Christ, etc. Nothing to most testimonies and the talks well just leave that alone.

Did I miss something? A female friend who goes to the temple often told me last week that she just attended a session and the wording has been changed but she could not say what it was but she knew if was different. This does not sound like restoration but modifications.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 28, 2023 06:52PM

Take your vitamins because you have a LOT of bathrooms to clean!

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 28, 2023 06:58PM

If the temple ceremony were restored, they would put back in the oath of vengeance and the throat-slitting death oaths.

There would be butt naked initiatories.

Actually, the early temple sounds kind of fun.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 28, 2023 07:05PM

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 28, 2023 07:27PM

Would have been nice if the brass plates or sealed plates were translated and published.

Other than that what is left to restore?

Maybe deaconess, priestess and prophetessesssssesss?

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: January 31, 2023 08:53AM

Remember they used to say that 1/3 of the plates were 'sealed'?? whatever happened to That ????

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: February 02, 2023 09:05PM

What happened there?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 28, 2023 08:45PM

The most TBM members I know are Catholic converts. They are way into the genealogy temple work thing. The people I see bailing are born in church young single adults.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 29, 2023 05:53PM

I think about a temple in Rome and an audience, demotion of Moroni, decline in restorationist thinking, flip flop on gay kids and marriage.

What were you going for?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 29, 2023 09:05PM

people allowed to Wear flip-flops thru the ritual!

Posted by: I ( )
Date: January 31, 2023 02:29AM

They said flip flops on gay kids...
Otherwise, the kids might wear sandal-shoes, thongs, or maybe even go barefoot... unless they have two, in which case they might choose (many don't have a choice) to go barefeet.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 02, 2023 09:20PM

Apparently Russ over-estimated his importance/ significance both inside &/other-than Mormonism…

I’m guessing he has a photo of himself & the Pope (aka the Holy Father, the Bishop of Rome, etc) prominently on view in his office…

any money on that guess?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 03, 2023 10:19AM

If members looked for leadership during the pandemic, it left a lot to be desired. A lot of silence, no encouragement for god's mighty priesthood to heal the sick and inflicted. He finally encouraged members to get vaccinated and drove a bigger divide in the Mormon herd.

I think Rusty built himself the biggest sailboat and then looked like a fool when the wind refused to blow.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 03, 2023 10:34AM

Temple-mania! It takes a lot of vitamins to build all those temples in Rusty's mind, and to tear apart the actual, historical temples and then snag a slab of SLC temple stone for his own grave.

That takes some real ego...

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 05, 2023 06:53AM

Russ will be soon forgotten. Members were quick to forget about Thomas S. Monson who was a highly visible general authority for decades. The members get excited about what the next thing is. It’s because they are hoping for signs the millennium is coming soon. Oh my gosh! Look at all the temples! Oh my gosh they are preparing the Salt Lake temple for a big earthquake! What is this new prophet going to tell us? As soon as Russ kicks it it’s going to be a thirsty curiosity of what the next prophet is going to say.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.