Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 06, 2023 07:26AM

Nothing makes sense. Nothing is what you expect. And they blame you for not getting it. People like me (and thousands of others) tried with all we could muster to make it work. When it didn't work, they left us in the gutter.

If I meet my parents in the next life, I doubt that I will have more than three words to say to them.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 06, 2023 11:22AM

Nice image. Dali used all the same images other artists did but warped them. Melted them. Left them draped with the life sucked out of them.

That was the hard part of the recovery for me. Even after I realized the church was a lie, took way too long to push back into shape as it took a decade to even realize I just wasn't "quite right", had been buckled, that church had contorted me.

Interesting what you say about meeting your parents. I have recently come from a large family gathering and what I realized is that our family is so stilted and not really a family at all as much as a group disparate people "doing their family duty". Extreme mormonism warped us to the point of no return. I have been really sad about that of late.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 08, 2023 12:00PM

Without the facial hair or nudity.

Posted by: One ( )
Date: February 08, 2023 08:20PM

More like Nighthawks by Edward Hopper.

Sitting where you can be seen but still alone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.