Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 06:57PM

Although, this could apply to all other religions for some reason Ballard took aim at Catholics.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/7051576

I suspect it is because he is in South America where Catholicism is strong.

Hope Pope and other Catholics try to get even so we can have a 'Christian War' ----- the only rational way to solve the who is more Christian issue!

Note: This was on John Ds facebook but not posted here. To get to the referenced clip you need to click in the time passage bar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2015 07:03PM by spiritist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 07:02PM

"They don't know who God is, they don't know who the Savior is, nor do they know who the Holy Ghost is."

Nice. I guess that the Pope's popularity scares him. As it should!

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 01:29PM

Exactly my thought. The new Pope is SO popular, he HAS to be bringing in new converts and securing existing members to the Catholic faith. And in 3rd world countries too, where the LDS Church seems to be concentrating a lot of their efforts.

I'm sure the LDS Church will be more subtle than calling them the "whore of the earth" as they did in days of old, but I bet there will be a lot of innuendo yet to come.

Date: October 23, 2015 05:18PM

I think the Mormons see themselves in a battle with the Catholics over Central and South America. There is no more realistic growth in North America nor Europe, so the "battleground" is SA and Africa.

Ballard is engaging in a turf war. But he is not going about it in an intelligent manner. You are not going to win people over by insulting cultural Catholics who happen to find the pope likeable.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 07:08PM

This sort of ties in with Bro. Packham's report of a mormon spokes hole insulting a catholic cardinal, or oriole or some such...

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1698749

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 07:19PM

Here is what Ballard DID NOT SAY:

"They don't know who God is"

. . . Because our God is so damn impotent that our God the Father needs Lucifer in the most holy place on earth, the Mormon Temple, to sell his plan and scare the attendees. Yup, Lucifer, the great deceiver, the father of all lies, the enemy of all righteousness is needed during the endowment ceremony so you'll follow our Mormon God who never utters the word LOVE.

-----
"They don't know who the Savior is"

. . . Because, for those of us who are Mormons and the elect chosen people, he's not the same guy who preached love and forgiveness in the New Testament and allegedly said, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do." Instead, he's the Book of Mormon Savior who couldn't wait to die on the cross, come to America, and obliterate tons of sinners by killing them.

-----
"nor do they know who the Holy Ghost is"

. . . Neither did Joseph Smith. JS stated in the 5th lecture on faith, which was canonized in the 1835 Doctrine & Covenants, that the HG was the combined mind of God and Jesus, who were the true Godhead: two people (one a spirit and the other a tabernacle of clay). Then the whole concept was changed in 1921 when the lectures on faith were removed from the D&C and James E. Talmage reconfigured the *new official* Mormon trinity: the Holy Ghost is now a 3rd spiritual personage.

You see Ballard, you have problems!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2015 07:33PM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 07:21PM

Just watched it. It's something that we always heard in Family Home Evening lessons, seminary, sunday school, etc...

But to have an apostle (who may be showing the first signs of dementia) just blurt it out at a meeting is incredible.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 07:22PM

Well of course Catholics don't know God et al. Only Mormon's know the truth about the godhead.

This needs to be stressed as often as possible. It's one thing to stress your belief, it's another to talk down another faith.

Posted by: Imbolc ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 08:02PM

People know who the Pope is. Who outside of Mormonism knows who Ballard is? It's pipsqueak vs T Rex. Whether one or the other knows the appropriate amount about the godhead is debatable and really is childish potshots by the Mormons. Sounds like they are doing their darnedest to offend as many as possible. They aren't even keeping up the façade of currying favor with anyone since it hasn't seemed to work in improving others' perception of them, and it takes up too much energy. Maybe they are returning to the fire and Brighamstone days of yore.

Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 08:20PM

That is mormon doctrine. As a Catholìc I would say the same thing about them. That is not a sign of disrespect -- we just have an honest disagreement. And it does not mean one side or the other is going to Hell.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 08:49PM

To say a certain church or churches teach false doctrine is one thing. Obviously my belief.

To say "They (Catholics) don't know who God is, they don't know who the Savior is, nor do they know who the Holy Ghost is." ------- that is really something way above just 'attacking' a church's doctrine!

Even as outspoken as I am I wouldn't say someone doesn't know who God is.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 04:07AM

but but but you must be wrong, because Gordon BS Hinckley says that MORmONS never speak negatively of other religions!! What is wrong with you ???????

Date: October 22, 2015 08:51PM

As someone who was born and raised Catholic, I can't agree. Disagreement over theology should not equal disrespect. It is ludicrous for a Mormon leader to say that Catholics have no notion of God, Christ, nor the Holy Ghost. Catholics have been practicing Christianity for a heck of a lot longer than the Mormons. Mormonism did not appear out of a vacuum. Joseph Smith got his notion of God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost from somewhere, and it wasn't a vision.

Date: October 23, 2015 04:11AM

Make no mistake about it, do not mince (MORmONIZE) words, anybody who understands Christian doctrine and who understands MORmON doctUrine, knows that MORmONISM is blasphemy.

........ and yet it is the MORmONS who continually run their mouths about how mistaken that Traditional Christians are.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 02:06PM

And yet the BoM teaches the same Trinitarian doctrine as the other Christian churches teach. The early sections of the D&C also teach these same ideas of God/Jesus/Holy Ghost as one God.

Date: October 23, 2015 04:35PM

Elder What's-his-face Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And yet the BoM teaches the same Trinitarian
> doctrine as the other Christian churches teach.
> The early sections of the D&C also teach these
> same ideas of God/Jesus/Holy Ghost as one God.

Yes, it did.

SO, how did MORmON Joe and his MORmONISM Scam handle that situation? -By turning it into an EPIC SCREW UP and expecting MORmON members to wholesale buy into that MORmON twist without question or reservation. And they did, because that is just how stupid that MORmONS really are.

MORmON Joe wanted to rip off Christianity and to improve on it in every way in order have his MORmONISM scam top traditional Christianity in every way. Such a process can be tricky even for some one who is a totally uninhibited pathological LIAR like Joe Smith, because it requires leaning on the target while also attacking the target. This same two faced predatory and opportunistic modality can be observed in MORmONISM'S relationship with Catholicism / Traditional Christianity.

When the MORmON church feels like it is vulnerable or needs an ally, usually for so called conservative causes, then the MORmON Church is suddenly the best friend that the Catholic church ever had, according to the MORmONS. When the MORmON church needs some one to be superior to and / or to steal converts from, then MORmONISM rabidly attacks Catholicism and Traditional Christianity. The Catholic Church and Traditional Christianity are the biggest screw ups ever, according to MORmONS.

MORmON Joe ripped off many Christian ideals to maintain some Christian identity, appeal, and ideological momentum for Smith's Book of MORmON scam. Then Joe added to those concepts to make MORmONISM better. Joe took a Christian favorite -Jesus, and then had Jesus tour America in addition to Jesus NT ministry.

Joe applied his MORmON rip it off, improve it, then attack the original to emphasize how great the MORmON revision of the original is treatment to the Trinity. It took some time to do it, and as you so correctly note, the ode to the original basic concept is still there and still quite evident. It is a big problem for MORmONISM with those who are willing and able to notice what happened. MORmONISM did incorporate the Traditional Trinity into MORmONISM. Then that trinity was revised into a MORmON version. Then MORmONISM ruthless attacked the original trinitarian concept to emphasize how superior that MORmONISMr supposedly is to the original, AS IF MORmONISM had nothing to do with what had originally transpired.

The Huge problem for MORmONISM is that their new version of the trinity which they refuse to call a trinity in order to try to carry out their crummy MORmON ploy, is really even MUCH MORE STUPID, NONSENSICAL and FOOLISH than the original that MORmONS ripped off, changed somewhat, then insist on attacking.

It is a lot like some one stealing some one else's Caramel covered apple, stripping the Caramel covering off of the stolen Caramel covered apple to re use it for another Caramel covered apple. The apple that the thief is going to Caramel coat is worm infested and rotten, in far worse condition than the apple in the original caramel coated apple. Once the thief's rotten worm infested apple has been caramel coated, then the thief declares themselves to be an expert on the matter of caramel covered apples. The thief also refuses to call the covering on their Caramel covered rotten worm infested apple Caramel, AS IF it is something entirely different than Caramel. Then the thief rabidly attacks the original Caramel coated apple maker over their use of Caramel for the coating of their apples, and then attacks the original Caramel covered apple maker for using bad apples for making candy coated apples. That is just how damned stupid that MORmONISM really is.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 08:56PM

This is just another example of the 15 Power Rangers going commando in South America. President Newsroom keeps them on a short leash in North America, so they can hardly wait to get out of the country and say what feels good to them. My favorite example of this is that they STILL tell the saints in Chile and Peru that the Spirit told them that wherever they are is the land of Bountiful. That is so 1980s, but I saw it in the Church News less than five years ago.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 09:38PM

The "they don't know where they came from, why there are here, and where they are going" comment...

What Mormons don't realise, Christian doctrine does have answers for this.

The questions of "Where did you come from? Why are you here? Where are you going?" is NOT unique to Mormonism.

Just another example of Mormonism not being familiar with basic Christian doctrines.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 11:21PM

They attack when they feel threatened. Obviously Francis' popularity and actual Christ-like behavior has the 15 Pharisees spooked.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 11:25PM

Please, It's Ballard. If you thought Monson was getting bad, check out some of Ballard's last talks/statements.

It's a bunch of mad men running the asylum and all the people are swaying to the humming.

https://youtu.be/Nv88ASiLmgk

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: October 22, 2015 11:46PM

And to think it wasn't that long ago that Monson & Co. were falling all over themselves cozying up to the Vatican. I guess they didn't get the expected benefits.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1422121
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1445120

Now that Francis has made his big tour and received the attention so craved by (and denied to) the church, Ballard is feasting on sour grapes. His envy is evident in his words: "They don't know who God is, they don't know who the Savior is, nor do they know who the Holy Ghost is."

Ballard can start a new organization, Mormons Burning Bridges. Looks like TSCC won't be invited to any more high-profile conferences.

Date: October 22, 2015 11:58PM

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 12:21AM

I think summer is right. I think this moron is jealous of the pope.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 03:59AM

"We don't bash other religions."

Yeah, right.

Posted by: Press ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 08:16AM

The "God, the Savior and the Holy Ghost" of Mormon theology and the "God, the Savior and the Holy Ghost" of Catholic theology are mutually exclusive and irreconcilable, even though both employ similar terminology.

(This fundamental difference partly accounts for the reason why the Catholic Church regards Mormon baptism as "invalid," despite latter formula's apparent Trinitarian-sounding language).

While the language Ballard used is inflammatory, a Catholic doesn't have to feel miffed. He or she could reply, "You're right: I don't 'know' the exalted human being that you purport to be 'God,' the 'Heavenly Father'. The "God the Father" to whom I give adoration is most definitely not an exalted human being."

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 08:31AM

The best part? NOBODY knows for sure who or what or IF God is.

Ballard is just one of every single GA who has the same painful question; Am I the only one only one who has never seen Christ?

Date: October 23, 2015 06:26PM

Ouch! Oh the sting that question on one of the lowly apostles. What makes the pain worse? When someone like Jeff Holland says "I've had my witness, but it is too sacred to talk about."

BOOM.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 11:05AM

Sigh.
Another, "My imaginary friends are better than your imaginary friends!" rant.

Posted by: editingwhiz ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 12:36PM

I grew up Catholic, and I can assure you that the RCC has a good handle on the concept of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The irony here is that NO ONE knows who this guy is, but everyone knows the Pope. I can't imagine that these comments would be well received by a Hispanic audience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2015 02:56PM by editingwhiz.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 02:17PM

I wasn't raised Catholic, but my grandparents were devout so several family things like weddings, baptisms, and funerals took place in that church. I can say that I heard more about Jesus Christ in the Catholic church than I ever did in the church that claims to have his name in their title.

Posted by: bona dea unregistered ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 03:58PM

The Catholic and Mormon views of God are very different, but as someone who has attended mass, there is much more emphasis on Jesus than there ever is in SM

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 02:34PM

I think that Brother Ballard's ignorance is showing through here.

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 04:04PM

Mormonism cannot exist without an enemy. The end of the world, the government, blacks, catholics, muslims, ex-mormons, gays...they need a bad guy.

Its typical of an organization without direction (I wont get into politics). They need an antagonist to exist.

Ballard is just going through the rotation.

Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 04:10PM

Here we go.

Ready?

Mormons are winners.

Date: October 23, 2015 06:30PM

Whiner...

Mormons are whiners Bert.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: October 23, 2015 10:00PM

Thanks. Just posted the link to that clip on Marie Osmond's Twitter feed where she's having a love fest with a Catholic saying how they both believe in the same Jesus.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.