Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Questioner (missionaries) ( )
Date: November 01, 2015 08:53PM

Dear Poster "Hedning"

You stated that on your mission you "had a confronting with my companion's dead girlfriend". Now, were you joking, or did you mean this as a reality? I've seen ghosts many times, and I collect ghost stories. So, please respond and enlighten us here what you saw, if you were serious.

MY GHOST STORY ON MY MISSION

San Jose, California, 1983, Summer. Hot as HELL. San Jose was BOOMING at this time. Personal computers were just getting popular, so there was NOT enough housing. Rents were ridiculous. Our apartment was shut down (don't know why) and we could not find a place to live except to rent a room (the size of a large closet) from a very unattractive/overweight crazy woman, who owned a modest house, and rented her rooms to men. Yes, NOT supposed to live under the same roof with a female, but there was literally no place else for us to stay. Literally. Nothing. Anyway, the second night there, I hear a voice calling my name from the closet. Happens again. Again....still again....still again. I wake up the next morning, and there are three DEEP scratches from my crotch, a few inches from my junk, to going from right to left, across my stomach, missing my belly button by a few inches. DEEP scratches. Three of them. Burned like Hell.

Anyway, I didn't tell anyone. Two nights later, the crazy woman says: "My house is haunted you know? Can you say a prayer?" So my companion cast out the evil spirit (or he thinks he did). Anyway, the very next night the woman threw us both out because my companion left an unwashed bowl in her sink. She had a FIT....I thought we'd have to take her to hospital. So, we called the APs and got out of there and stayed at a Member's home for a week, and the Mission President still didnt' have a place for us, so he actually split us up into two separate threesomes so we would have a place to live.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: November 01, 2015 09:39PM

To explain how she died would pretty much identify her and him, and with the ability to search all of these threads on the internet I think it would be violating his privacy.

Let's say I'm a scientist/atheist and don't think I believe in spirits, this however is something that I have never been able to explain.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 01, 2015 09:41PM

drat... he means me...

Posted by: Questioning MOReMONeyISM ( )
Date: November 02, 2015 12:26AM

Don't know what all the "hush/hush" is about. Do you think your comp was capable of killing her? If you saw her, you should tell us the details. I've seen ghosts at least 16 times, including one full-body-apparition; looked just like anybody else until she disappeared in front of me. Others were shadow people. Another woke me up every morning throwing toys around upstairs, in an empty house except for me, in the children's room, children at school, their mother was murdered by a drug dealer months before (not my wife by the way...wife of the owner of the house). Why not tell the story...geesh.

Ghosts are real. Seen them/heard them too many times. Saw one just after another guy saw the same thing in the same place the night before, and he never told me until I told him what I saw. Same description of the ghost. Two people, saw the same ghost, two nights in a row, same description. How could we both hallucinate the same ghost? Anyway...ghosts are real.

Hedning Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To explain how she died would pretty much identify
> her and him, and with the ability to search all of
> these threads on the internet I think it would be
> violating his privacy.
>
> Let's say I'm a scientist/atheist and don't think
> I believe in spirits, this however is something
> that I have never been able to explain.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 02, 2015 12:39AM

If you would, could you offer us your personal opinion as to why ghawd has ordained that some ghosts remain on this plane? And what is the purpose of remaining on this astral plane, when apparently others depart for parts suspected?

Date: November 02, 2015 12:46AM

All I 'know' for sure is that I've seen and heard, and FELT them before. Don't know why they are on the earth plane. I've heard and read spiritualists/psychics saying that they are here before they are "confused" and don't realize they are dead, or "afraid" to go to the light, because they've been naughty, or they have "unresolved issues" here. As far as my murdered roommates wife throwing toys around. I just think she does not accept that she is dead, and can't separate from her children, which is why her two boys (5 and 6 at the time) slept in their father's room across the hall from the bedroom in question and told me "Mommy scares us at night". Why did the ghost/demon scratch me badly? I have NO IDEA. I've always been a bully-magnet, if that means anything.

elderolddog Wrote:
> If you would, could you offer us your personal
> opinion as to why ghawd has ordained that some
> ghosts remain on this plane? And what is the
> purpose of remaining on this astral plane, when
> apparently others depart for parts suspected?

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 02, 2015 12:53AM

elderolddog Wrote:
> If you would, could you offer us your personal
> opinion as to why ghawd has ordained that some
> ghosts remain on this plane? And what is the
> purpose of remaining on this astral plane, when
> apparently others depart for parts suspected?

I don't know the answers to the questions you pose, EOD, but I knew Sanora Babb when she was alive ;) , and her accounts of seeing, and interacting with, ghosts are compelling---and I think even you would find them compelling too!!!

I was particularly fascinated by her accounts of seeing ghost horses running in the fields...and by at least a few of her ghost acquaintances who she got pretty irritated with because they kept farting as they were communicating with her.

Sanora was one of the most down-to-earth people anyone could ever meet---she was about as far from a simpleton as it is possible to be. (Google her...she was an astounding woman in a multiplicity of ways.)

And one of those ways was that often, wherever she went, ghosts sought her out...most magnificently, the ghost horses she saw galloping happily in the fields.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2015 12:59AM by tevai.

Date: November 02, 2015 01:02AM

Never saw a ghost horse but I saw a ghost cat. Grey one. Reached down to pet it and it disappeared in front of me. Not my house, but the place I worked for awhile.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.