Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 12:58AM

The atheism in me causes me to reject these people who believe in Joseph Smith, and lament that the current Fossils don't match up, and in fact have left the truth behind.

Here's a lament that pisses me off... In one of the posts mention is made of donations falling to the BSA, and thus layoffs are going to have to occur, so good people will lose their jobs, and:

"This is exactly what the Church and Boy Scouts of America were hoping to avoid by allowing gay scouts and gay leaders to participate in Scouting. Hopefully this will serve as a reminder that when we compromise our beliefs to come halfway with those who oppose us, we often lose much more than we ever gain."

It would be nice if TRUTH existed. But I don't think it does. What exists is what survives...

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 07:56AM

Well said old dog...your truth comment is deep dog DEEP!...might just be possible truth is whatever we decide it is or wish it to be"...we might be just that simple...most days id say so...id liken it to how cheap life is on a battlefield...yet youll do 20 to life its so sacred everywhere else...wheres the truth?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.