Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: February 22, 2016 02:07PM

or know anyone who did. Mom and I were talking and we were wondering how birthdays were celebrated on the other 3 years. Did you celebrate on Feb 28 or March 1? Also, when someone asked your age, how did you answer. To be honest, I don't know anyone who had a leap year birthday so I have know idea how birthdays were celebrated so I thought I ask here and see if someone could give some insight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 22, 2016 02:39PM

I know at least one guy.

RB

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 22, 2016 02:41PM

MY daughter and my grandfather both leap year birthdays.Daughter always celebrates on Feb. 28,unless she can drag it out for two days, then she'll do March 1st also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2016 02:42PM by madalice.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 22, 2016 03:06PM

My late grandmother was born on Leap Year Day. When she died at age 80, she had only 20 official birthdays under her belt.

I believe she celebrated on March 1st in off-Leap Year birthdays. I used to get them mixed up and send her cards for the 28th or the 1st, because I didn't want to be late.

:)

Posted by: justarelative ( )
Date: February 22, 2016 03:49PM

Just doing a bit of silly math here. Leap Day comes once every 1,461 days. The fraction of the population born on Leap Day should be 1/1461. There are roughly 7.5 billion people alive today. At a little over 5 million, the number of living Leap Dayers rivals the number of active Mormons. If you're struggling to think of anybody in your life that was born on Leap Day, then you begin to get an idea of what Mormonism is like for us never-mos.

JAR

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 22, 2016 04:06PM

Frederic in 'Pirates of Penzance'?

Posted by: ladyfarrier(not logged in) ( )
Date: February 22, 2016 04:56PM

My mom was born on Feb 29. We celebrated "almost birthdays" and "real birthdays".
It was weird when I got old enough that I had had more birthdays than my mom.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.