Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ballaboy234 ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 12:46PM

How did Jeremy Runnels keep his cool in that disciplinary council? I would have lost my shit. That stake president was an asshat; he invites Jeremy to a disciplinary council and he doesn't even have a real discussion with him and didn't answer a single question. I would have beat the shit out of him. I got so frustrated watching that video. I'm actually happy that the stake president kept silent though, it goes to show how sick and twisted the church actually is. I'm sure that eve a lot of TBM would be disturbed by president Ivan's behavior.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 01:00PM

I don't know if they were refusing to raise their hands or it is true that none of the "judges" present had read the essays or the CES letter (according to the leaked transcript and recording).

How could anyone sit in judgment of what Jeremy supposedly wrote without having read what was claimed to have been written?

Mormonism is clearly one big heap of bullshit. With what's out there now, only fools like President Ivins can continue to believe in a clearly failed religion.

Go Jeremy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2016 01:01PM by Templar.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 01:06PM

They were stonewalling him, so he'd had enough and read them the riot act.

I would have never given them the satisfaction of showing up, and I especially wouldn't have gone if they were violating my ADA rights. I know churches are legally exempt, but they should have the decency to accommodate his hearing loss.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 02:40PM

axeldc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they should have the decency to accommodate his hearing loss.

I often think that "decency" is a word some of the Mormon leaders do not know or understand.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 01:10PM

I would love to see this video. LINK PLEASE?

Posted by: JBF ( )
Date: April 26, 2016 06:26PM

Go to YouTube.

You will find it there as well as many other videos that are giving black eyes to TSCC.

Lying for the Lord by a former CES Director
Sandra Tanner talks
The Bible vs the Book of Mormon (or is it Book or Morons?)
among others.

Date: April 20, 2016 01:17PM

It won't let me send the link. You can google it.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 02:51PM

Totally agree, Ballaboy. Jeremy deserves huge props for staying so calm and clear-headed. I would have lost it, too.

The phrase that came to mind as I followed the proceedings was "Jeremy in the Lions' Den."

Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 02:52PM

I have no clue. I admire the hell out of him. President Ivins was so incredibly disrespectful and the antithesis of a loving leader, clearly only concerned with exerting his power above anything or anyone else. It's also obvious the order came down from SLC. Kudos to Jeremy for keeping on the high ground unlike his SP.

Date: April 26, 2016 06:44PM

It seemed to me like Ivins was trying to make sure everyone knew he had the biggest dick there exerting his "power" over Jeremy! What a FU*KING MORON Ivins is.

Jeremy has more scruples in the toenail he cut off last week than Ivins will EVER have in his entire body in his entire life. Jeremy believes in being ethical and moral, things Ivins has NEVER heard of. Power sure is important to the EVIL CULT! But then when you think about Lucifer as its leader, it makes sense.

Date: April 26, 2016 06:45PM

A very good reality show would be to put these COURTS OF LOVE on reality TV! They can start with Jeremy's court of "hate" and move on from there.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 03:19PM

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 03:23PM

I, too, would doubt that any of the 'judges' in this so-called court, had actually read the CES Letter before sitting in judgement of Jeremy.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 03:34PM

Seems to me like everyone in the room had their hearing aids turned off except for Jeremy.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 06:51PM

Me too. Just a bunch of yes men (without actually saying "yes").

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 04:48PM

I hope they make a South Park episode out of this.

Date: April 20, 2016 05:55PM

Lol that would be great

Posted by: JBF ( )
Date: April 26, 2016 06:28PM

Better yet: a Simpsons episode!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 26, 2016 05:29PM

I do not know how any Mormon could honestly follow the whole story of Jeremy's questioning journey of the church he clearly loved and then fail to find the treatment he received utterly despicable and dishonest.......especially the treatment he had thrown at him at his kangaroo court.

Way to show the whole disgustingly vile organization how integrity, civility, and standing for truth is handled, Jeremy!

Wishing you and yours wonderful, exciting, and healthy years ahead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2016 05:31PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: applesauce ( )
Date: April 26, 2016 05:44PM

There was some speculation that the "judges" were told not to engage Jeremy. I guess the higher ups in SLC were afraid that Jeremy might put a few ideas in the "judge's" heads.

I felt that you could cut the tension on Ivan's face with a knife. He looked to me as though he was trying very hard not to squirm. Oh to be a fly on the wall at his house that night!

Kudos to Jeremy. I'm not sure I could have had much self control either. applesauce

Date: April 26, 2016 06:19PM

Jeremy is a true hero. How he kept his cool? I know I never could have been so cool and POLITE! No matter how angry he got [and I know he had to be angry especially when he found out that the moron Ivins didn't even read the CES letter on the Nov. 2nd 2014 meeting when that is the reason that the meeting was rescheduled from Oct.], he didn't yell or throw anything etc.

When he mentioned Joseph S. Smith's so called revelation about man on the moon (revelation in 1961), I was scrambling through my CES letter trying to find that part since I have read the entire CES letter twice and I could not remember anything about this revelation. When Ivins was clearly busted since he was offering an answer when Joseph F. Smith and the moon was never in the CES letter, I about died laughing. I knew I couldn't remember anything about it. Had he asked me, I would have said "I don't remember that part of the CES letter." It would have been obvious that I did read the CES letter. What just floored me is that when Ivins was obviously busted for not reading it, Jeremy remained cool and collected.

I would imagine that Ivins and the other morons there were probably sweating through their garmies and suit coats because they were NOT counting on someone as cool, calm, and collected as Jeremy. In fact I would bet on the fact that they were never counting on someone doing the intense research and assembling of evidence based on the research that Jeremy did. They were probably thinking in the old/and I might add stupid term of "deaf and dumb." Jeremy certainly proves that he was serious about finding the truth. He certainly ruins that old term doesn't he? He is very smart and well organized. I'll bet he had a very high GPA in college.

Even the first person [the CES director] said that Jeremy's letter was well written! Probably way better written with way tougher questions than they were counting on.

This is why I say that Jeremy is a full fledged hero. He managed to do something very well and did manage to keep his cool. I sure don't know how he did that, but I am glad he did because his demeanor certainly lends credence to what he was saying/asking. Nobody could say that he was some over angry person having a tantrum.

He has done something that if handled right could take the CULT out forever. It is up to us Ex-Mos to make sure as many people as possible see the disciplinary council link and read the CES letter. I am doing my part. I have sent it to every family member I have still in the EVIL CULT. I haven't heard from any of them because I am considered the black sheep, but if even one or two read it and leave the CULT, it will have been worth it.

Applesauce said "There was some speculation that the "judges" were told not to engage Jeremy. I guess the higher ups in SLC were afraid that Jeremy might put a few ideas in the "judge's" heads." - ideas in the judge's heads? Do you mean ideas beyond what the CES letter said and what Jeremy said at the kangaroo court?

I couldn't help but wonder what was going through what passes for the "judge's" minds when they were hearing all about the lying JS and everything else that Jeremy said that certainly did not make the CULT look good. I wonder if they were all squirming. I wonder if any of them will reconsider being in this CULT based on this kangaroo court. There is no way that they could say Jeremy was lying when Jeremy pointed out repeatedly that the CULT's own essays were destroying the CULT and that those essays were causing members to leave. Repeatedly mentioning the CULT's own essays was one of the smartest things Jeremy did [so many kudos to Jeremy!]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2016 06:59PM by verilyverily.

Date: April 27, 2016 03:10PM

jay said "testicles stretched to the breaking point"

I say WHAT TESTICLES DID THESE ASSHATS HAVE? I noticed none at all. I call them the cojones-less Brethern!

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: April 26, 2016 10:39PM

My view is he went into it knowing how it would end. "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear" or lose it.

The stake pres and high council were no doubt told exactly what to do by Chruch HQ PR Dept. The Dept that seems to now run LDS Inc. The statement the stake pres read was probably vetted or even written by Chruch HQ. They knew this would be high profile.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: April 26, 2016 11:32PM

Class.

Jeremy has class.

It can't hurt to know that you've won before it started.

He's also brutal.

He turns the crank knowing there is no answer. It's either stand up and admit your religion is a fraud or have your testicles stretched to the breaking point.

He publicly silenced and castrated the group.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 27, 2016 12:52AM

You are in control when you know you are on solid ground. He knew exactly what he was doing, and why and was confident in his position.
He stayed clear and neutral. No anger, or outbursts. Smart!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.