Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Izzy ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 03:20AM

Who here remembers being sacked into the stories of the 3 Nephites...LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Izzy ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 03:21AM

Sorry I meant sucked into

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 03:54AM

I used to believe. I mean, I was conned.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 08:51AM

The three Mormon zombies! lol
Oh wait a minute. They didn't die in the first place.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 10:11AM

3 Nephi 28:25
"Behold, I was about to write the names of those who were never to taste of death, but the Lord forbade; therefore I write them not, for they are hid from the world." So, we don't get the names of the 3 Nephites. Is this because Moe, Larry, and Curly were already taken?

I always liked the story of the three Jews, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, thrown into the furnace by Nebuchadnezzar...not because I care about the story but because I like the names "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego." Cool names. (No offense to all you Nebuchadnezzars out there; y'all got a cool name, too.)

To the list of stupid stuff Joseph Smith did, I'd add that he could have made up cool names like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego but instead made up a bunch of stupid names, or in the case of the 3 Nephites totally copped out and neglected to name them.

(I'll admit, I'm hard to please. I was raised on baseball names--"Yogi," "Babe," "Willie," "Stan the Man," "Hammerin' Hank," all the way to "Big Papi." No way the fiction of the Book of Mormon can hold a candle to the reality of Major League Baseball...)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 09:07PM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 10:18AM

When I was younger and in the church, it seemed like everytime something happened that mormons couldn't explain, it was "Oh, that was one of the 3 Nephites." They helped people change tires on lonely roads. They kindly gave people stranded away from home money. They left brownies on your doorstep after you had surgery.

Maybe it's just because I'm so far removed from mormonism now, or maybe it really has decreased...but I don't hear so much about these three magical guys any more. Now when something they can't explain happens, it's "a miracle from god." Not some kind stranger, not coincidence, not just life...and not the 3 Nephites.

Those closer to the daily life of TBMs -- do you still hear about 'em?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 09:50PM

La migra would like to talk to them...

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 06:43PM

I wasn't too smart in my youth....I could have used those 3 guys to help me out of scraps. Hey, I only did it because those 3 handsome Nephite guys told me to....,I swear I heard them plain as day. I think they really liked me......So great that those 3 guys helped me out.

As to hearing any stories of late about their escapades among the TBMs in my life, I have not. But, I'll betcha a certain one of my grandsons has used those 3 plenty of times to help him out of scraps. (you said who told you it was okay to take the family car where?)

Posted by: ApostNate ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 11:02PM

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's heard the one where the sister missionaries knocked on a rapist's door and the only reason he didn't rape them was because of the 3 large men standing behind them, am I???

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 11:08PM

...but now that I, Joseph Smith have become a master Mason, there's secret names were they were named Jubela, Jubelo, and Jubelum.

I just forgot to change those names in 3 Nephi 28---Ooops, my bad.

Yeah, I think a lot of BIC TBMs have some sort of history or story with an ancestor that was healed or saw one of the 3 Nephites. Course, I'm related to at least 2,000 Mormons who all have the same story of great, great Grandma Porter being visited by one of the 3 Nephites that healed one of her children.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2016 11:11PM by dydimus.

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: July 15, 2016 11:54PM

The Three Nephites/Bigfoot move around helping people. The Lord won't allow the three Nephites/Bigfoot to ever be captured and when Jesus comes again each of the Nephites/Bigfoot will take their place with the head Bigfoot (John) as a GA!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2016 11:55PM by perky.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.