Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wonderer ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 11:18AM

I've always been curious about why Mormons get so into certain celebs. Presently, it seems like they can't get enough of Dave Ramsey. Probably because he preaches no debt and is Christian, so they've adopted him as one of their own. Previously they were into that fraud Wade Cook. Speaking of, why do Mormons fall so easily for money pryamid/get rich quick schemes?

In music, I've noticed that Mormons for some reason love the bands Chicago and the Indigo Girls. Why?

In movies, I never walked into a girls BYU dorm room that didn't have a copy of One Fine Day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 11:26AM

Aren't the Indigo Girls a *notorious* lesbian pop combo?

how does that sit with molly mormons?

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 11:29AM

I remember Mrs. Hela saying that as a girl she was crushed when she found out Olivia Newton John's sexual orientation. Seems she didn't find out about that until years after all her nevermo friends did.

Oddly enough, she now shares Ms. John's orientation....

Posted by: June ( )
Date: October 22, 2010 02:08PM

He talks about how to get out of debt and building wealth. I don't live in Utah so I don't know what it's like there, but where I live Dave Ramsey is very popular with all different types of people. He is the most popular financial guy in America right now. So I don't think it is a Mormon thing, but a trend that is coming across the whole nation.

When I did live in Utah I did notice everyone really seemed to like Princess Bride and Newsies. There are some movies that stick with the mormon culture because there are very few PG adult movies that are really good and Mormons tend to cling on to them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.