Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Quirky Quark ( )
Date: August 23, 2016 10:17PM

link below:

http://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/features/f0252-found-grave-of-siberian-noblewoman-up-to-4500-years-old-with-links-to-native-americans/

Case studyOpinionProfile
Found: grave of Siberian noblewoman up to 4,500 years old - with links to native Americans
By The Siberian Times reporter19 August 2016
Her treasures include an incense burner decorated by solar symbols, 1,500 beads that once adorned her costume, and 100 pendants made from animal teeth.

see link for full story and pictures.

---------

We can find supporting evidence for Siberians links to American dna, but no Jerusalem links for North or South American Aboriginal DNA.

What will Mopologists say about this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 23, 2016 11:07PM

"The Siberian Noblewoman was part of another world that was used to put together the Earth. 'Behold is matter unorganized, let us go down and make a world.'" This thinking also works for dinosaurs.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 23, 2016 11:39PM

Should be: "Behold, dogma unorganized. Let us make a mishmash of it and call it Mormonism."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2016 11:40PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 11:21AM

Ha!

But then, I never did like dogma much.

Posted by: alyssum ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 08:36PM

Time for my favorite quote:

"Call off your dogma, or I'll beat it off with a stigma."

LOL

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 09:08PM

"My karma ran over my dogma."

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 01:14AM

"The absence of using their brains in mopologists is not proof that mopologists don't know how to use their brains."
--B. Tanner Wilford Grant Hyrumph, Jr., GA to the stars

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 10:59AM

Before long, the Mormon Church will be forced to conclude that their so-called "Second Witness for Jesus Christ" is really just "god inspired" fiction containing useful moral allegories. The Community of Christ (formerly the Re-organized LDS) appears to be moving in that direction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2016 11:00AM by Templar.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 11:06AM

"..."god inspired" fiction containing useful moral allegories."

Yeah, and it starts with a bang--chopping a guy's head off on the command of the Hoooooly Ghost.

Right on! That's good god inspired fiction!

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 11:23AM

I, of course, agree with you. My statement is what I imagine the church eventually claiming - not what I personally feel about the book.

Personally, the Book of Mormon contains nothing of value, whatever.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 11:31PM

"Personally, the Book of Mormon contains nothing of value, whatever."

Well, you could use it as toilet paper, in an emergency situation.

Date: August 24, 2016 11:41AM

That's the exact 'useful' moral allegory that came to my mind.

lulz

Here's a few others:

- If you disagree with the white bred guys (me/Nephites) you'll be killed off. (lamanites) Don't disagree with me. It doesn't even matter that Lehi wasn't technically an ancient Jewish ''white'' guy, but I represent the white-bred culture so fall in line with me or you'll be wiped off the face of the earth.

- alma 23:26 converted unto the lord and never did fall away... moral of the message -- be like him and don't ever.fall.away.

- If you're in trouble just bow down before your enemy and don't put up a fight. (like the anti-nephi-lehites) Especially if that enemy is the very cult that indoctrinated you.

- Alma the younger - sinner and critic of the church, with a well-connected father. The father implores the church to fast and pray, God strikes Alma jr. into a coma, and the child wakes up three days later, fully forgiven.
moral: don't be a sinner or critic of the cult or you'll be smitten, but God can forgive you if you're repentent in your coma. Always beg the church on behalf of your wayward kid. Suck-up works. Money works better if you're well advantaged and connected with the right people.
Network, network, network.

- Moroni forces a bunch of people into fighting for his team, offering them freedom if they fight valiantly.
moral: you can manipulate anybody if you have enough power and control.

- if you really want to be a missionary God might give you immortality like the 3 nephites.
moral: pray to be a good missionary and ask for immortality. Who doesn't want to live forever on earth?

- 2,000 stripling warriors: if your young fight for the tribe/cult. You can go to battle on behalf of your leaders and not one of you will be injured in battle!!
Plus, bonus, you might get a cult following with a parade in your honor.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 09:14PM

Quirky Quark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> - Alma the younger - sinner and critic of the
> church, with a well-connected father. The father
> implores the church to fast and pray, God strikes
> Alma jr. into a coma, and the child wakes up three
> days later, fully forgiven.
> moral: don't be a sinner or critic of the cult or
> you'll be smitten, but God can forgive you if
> you're repentant in your coma.

This only works for those with connections. Wasn't it this
very same Alma the younger who later taunts Khorihor saying he
has had enough "evidence" to believe? This, of course, being
the same Alma the younger who needed to be stricken into a coma
by the power of God before HE believed--the evidence that he
says should be sufficient for Korihor wasn't sufficient for
Alma the younger. Also wasn't this the same Alma the younger
who was healed from his coma that also refused to heal Korihor
after Korihor had "seen the light"? These GA types were rather
two-faced even way back when.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 09:18PM

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 01:41PM

Now turn your head while I change bullchip filters...

Date: August 24, 2016 06:31PM

The area identified, Khazakhstan, where the Okunev Culture existed, is in Central Asia near Europe, far to the west of the Southern Altai area where genetic evidence, etc. indicates Native Americans have their Eurasian (Siberian ancestors).

/geography teacher voice on

Have a gander at where it's located, and then look at this silly statement: "In other words, it was ancestors of the Okunevs who populated America, evidently using primitive boats to venture to the ice-covered Beringia land bridge some 12,600 years ago."

The geographical reality and the actual distance to where Berengia is actually located--most people have no clue just how big Russia is--impeach that statement. It's not unreasonable to note the similarities--and probable common ancestors--and it's quite likely one group moved east and another north and west, but if the ancestors of today's Native Americans went in the latter direction, then they didn't also move east to Kazakhstan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazakhstan

http://www.mapsofworld.com/russia/maps/russia-map.gif

The timetable for this find--which is significant; I'm not putting down the archaeologists, just the wannabe journalist reporting this story--gives us a date of 2,500 B.C. It's obvious the "Siberian Times" is an internet tabloid with dubious credibility.

Of course Mopologists will make hay of the fact that Kazakhstan is closer to the Middle East than the Altai Region.

Finally, for those willing to look at evidence other than DNA, Dr. Edward Vadja has established there is likely a strong linguistic relationship between the Ket people of central Eurasia and Native American languages such as Athabaskan and Na-Dene and their "close relatives."

http://www.gi.alaska.edu/alaska-science-forum/language-link-between-central-siberia-and-alaska

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ket_people

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 06:35PM

Date: August 25, 2016 02:00AM

Migrating to Kazakhstan 2,500 bce still wouldn't correlate dna to fit Lehi's Jerusalem migration of 600 bce.
Is that correct?

Lehi's Jerusalem dna isn't the same as the Siberian dna regardless of whether the Siberians migrated to Kazakhstan?

Am I right?

Their still not descendants of Lehi prior to 600bce or post Lehi.

Date: August 25, 2016 09:23AM

/lt. worf voice on; no, make that Capt. Sisko

Pay attention, Ferengi...

LDS apologists delight in the sort of tabloid misrepresentations this article contains, jumping from 12,500 year old claims--with boats mentioned even though Khakassia is landlocked (I misidentified it as nearby Kazakhstan, which is to the west of it, and also landlocked) to this 2,500 year old find. Inquiring minds want to know what happened to the intervening ten millenia.

Those are part of their "shell game" and "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" tactis, and credibility must be paramount.

The scientific consensus (which I accept even though I'm an "unrepentant Clovis was probably first sort") is there was a "Berengia Standstill" where the population that eventually gave rise to today's Native Americans was isolated for a period of thousands of years.

The Book of Mormon is easily shown to be an utter fraud without this sort of convoluted reasoning which is typical of LDS apologetics and fails to pass muster in areas of science and critical thinking.

http://simonsoutherton.blogspot.com

Date: August 25, 2016 03:30PM

Aside from the ferengi comment (I'm sure I've belittled others so paybacks a bee), I don't see how mopologists would delight in this.

The dna of Siberians is different than the dna of Lehi Jerusalem is that correct?

If it's correct how would you propose MOpologoists could use this to their advantage?

There's still no sign to support 600 bce Lehi jerusalem dna.
What would the Lehi dna look like if it were real?

It wouldn't look like Siberian dna, even if the Siberians migrated to kazakstan region.

Your argument makes no sense...
even if you're married to the clovis opinion, in which case still doesn't explain why you're spotting an argument here, because there still isn't a mopologist argument.

Clovis arrived before this Siberian dated corpse.
This supports the theory and doesn't distract.

Do you need to go down for another nap?

:)

Or do I remind you of an ex.

:(

Look, even if Clovis weren't the first to migrate here there is no evidence of Jerusalem Lehi dna from the BoM time period.

The other BoM stories that describe "other" pre-existing tribes can be easily traced to JS era of archaeology infatuation with the Olmec.

Still, I fail to see why you're argumentative about a topic that does NOT support Mormon claims.

I don't know how reputable is the information on this archaeological dig, but it's worthy of legitimate critique, not insult imo.

Ferengi indeed. Your behavior is the type that the mopologists love to describe as dogs eating their own. They're on your behavior like flies on poop and you give them another opening to debase exmormons by playing right into it.

TAKE Another NAP!
Better yet, a vaca.

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 07:44PM

While I agree that DNA evidence shows that original native Americans came from Siberia/NE Asia, I'm wondering about the "Siberian Times" that apparently publishes in English?!

Date: August 24, 2016 11:05PM

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/the-siberian-times#/entity

After what I saw, I'm doubtful I'll visit again (LDS Freedom Forum is a better "satire mine," IMO); sites like that push my old "raised on Planet Utah buttons." I realize some people laugh at stuff in this genre, but there are also those who believe it's gospel. And, unfortunately, they're guaranteed the right to vote (see also "Talk Radio").

In the name of Bigfoot, Ancient Aliens, and Mothman...
Oh, and those ancient Chinese seafarers Gavin Menzies wrote about...

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 09:27PM

Most correct book - ha ha ha ha ..............

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 26, 2016 01:25AM

Quirky Quark, if Odo shows up you'll *never* catch a break.

Oops. Sorry, Jadsia Dax just walked by...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.