Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 02:54PM

Jeez.....

:(

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: L ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 03:23AM

All your comments and assumptions are dumb.

What a beautiful person. May he rest in peace.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 03:32AM

L Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All your comments and assumptions are dumb.
>
> What a beautiful person. May he rest in peace.

What I see are many different people, often with personal or family experience of what it is like to be gay in Mormon culture, who are completely in sympathy, and on the side of this young man...

...people who are distraught and horrified that once again this has been the outcome of what the LDS Church has wrought.

What are you referring to?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 03:21PM

Posted by: Simmering1 ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 04:04PM

This is sickening.
Has anyone any idea how many of these tragic suicides have happened since the November policy?
This is so very sad and tragic. What can be done to stop young lgbt Mormon teens from taking their own lives?
Public protests, media publicity?
Something needs to be done urgently.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 04:10PM

I second that Simmering1 :-(

Posted by: Godzilla ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 03:54PM

That is right, we need to see a list of all suicides since then.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 03:43AM

I read somewhere recently the LGBT suicide count since last November is 32. Sorry I can't seem to find the source of that factoid.

Maybe now 33?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 04:27PM

Heartbreaking.

To steal a line from another thread:

"Anyone seen BYU's course description for SOC 380: Deviant Behavior and Social Control? It says "topics include psychosis, addiction, homosexuality, violence, and rape."

Lumping homosexuality in with violence, rape, psychosis and addiction is a vicious thing to do implying that homosexuality as part of the group is heinous. Guilty by association as Dave the Atheist so aptly put it in the other thread.

The gerontocracy and their team of flying monkeys are singling out gay kids and crushing their self esteem with hopelessness. They have blood on their hands as they label these kids deviant and unacceptable to God.

What teen is supposed to be able to handle that?

Everyone else can try to give these kids all the support and love they need, but never underestimate the Mormon church's power to crush these poor brainwashed angels.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 04:03PM

"topics include psychosis, addiction, Mormonism, violence, and rape."

Posted by: Oregonboy ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 05:13PM

The LDS church needs to be sued for - something - I dunno. but they need to be held accountable

Posted by: Elders Quorum Drop-out ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 05:17PM

They need to be, but unfortunately, they wont be. We can't even pin them for events as despicable as MMM (they even made it clear they wouldn't issue even a formal apology).

Basically, the won't "apologize for god". At the same time, they can't even make up their minds if the decision was from god or not. They are horrible. I hope there is a hell, just so they can rot in it.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 04:26PM

I agree with your general sentiment, but the core blame actually lies on his MORmON parents. They are the ones in charge who insist on remaining in contact with their very detrimental MORmON non golfing country club CULT to feed their MORmON egos at any cost for their own cheesy MORmON personal gratification, now they have a dead offspring as a result of their MORmON idiocy, selfishness and faithFOOLness.

My MORmON parents HATE it when I question their crappy MORmON based parenting efforts. They expected to be given a pass on their CRAPPY parenting because their CRAPPY parenting included being raising me in THE (MORmON) church. They love to say "we did the best we could" as an excuse. they hate it when I said. "your best is really very bad and unacceptable "
.......WHERE did I learn to be such a hard ass ???????????? I guess it was either that or shooting myself over feelings of inferiority for never being able to measure up to their MORmON expectations no matter how well I was doing for them, and I was a model LDS for them and their CRAPPY church, but I finally learned -It is impossible to satisfy the ever demanding MORmONS!!

.......after all, I did the best I could, far better than my parents CRAPPY parenting, and even with their illustrious MORmON cult so involved it did not turn out so well in a MORmON context. I hope that my condemnation of their stupid MORmON cult cuts through them like a red hot knife, It is what they deserve. I am not sparing them anything. wow WHERE DID I learn to be so harsh. I must have made it up entirely on my own inspite of all of those hours of nasty vicious MORmON indoctrination.

Posted by: oldmancrying ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 05:59PM

Why is this 65 year old tough as nails old man ( me) reading

his obit and crying my eyes out.

Gonna show this to my tbm wife... wish me luck

God I hate Mormonism

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 04:30PM

It might be because MORmONISM compelled a nice sensitive young man to kill himself but it failed to make POS Bruce R. McDonkey or POS Glenn R. Stubbs do the same thing. That is called a lose / lose deal.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: September 28, 2016 09:01PM

I feel so much more hatred and disgust toward tscc, each time there is a new victim. I scrolled through the condolences and another thing that irks me is when people say something such as this one:

"May you find peace and comfort in knowing that he is in a better state". Not in " a "better place"(which is a trite comment that I also dislike) but in this case it was "a better state". Was the meaning of this their way of saying he is now in a "state" of no longer being homosexual? Cruel, at best! What a tragic loss of yet another young man who had his whole life ahead of him:(

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 01:40AM

using its warped teachings to drive him to such despair that his own hand was the murder weapon?

As a mother and a grandmother, I feel such heartache when I look at his picture and think of what he might have achieved with his life, had he not been made to feel that he was WRONG just for existing.

To say that I am angry doesn't even come close.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: April 29, 2017 01:01AM

It is chilling, isn't it.

Posted by: JVN087 ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 11:27AM

My daughter is the same age. I can not imagine the torment that he went through and feeling that his existence was not right. I hope his parents will leave the church and bring the younger kids with them.

The obituary mentioned a younger sister, My youngest daughter is 6 and she adores her 19 year old sister. My 19 year old got her own apartment in the same town, her little sister is having hard time with her not living in the house, that little girl lost him forever...

Posted by: Rameumptom ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 02:13PM

The obit is so sad to see. But it doesn't mention LBGT or suicide. I assume you have an outside source for that information.

Another post asked about mormon PTSD triggers. After seeing this obit I realize that my triggers include insipid-but-supposedly-inspiring piano music. And dead mormon teenagers. Definitely that.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 03:49PM

My thoughts were much the same.

While it's always sad to see a young person die, in this obituary there's no mention of TSCC or having a service at the local stake building, and more importantly, nothing that says "we know we will see him again" etc.

But I agree that the Piano Brothers music is very LDS oriented and I had to turn it off as I read that obituary.

Whoever wrote that is sure correct; He will forever be remembered for his great hair, etc.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 04:07PM

I just read that story. Ugh. What the hell is wrong with people?

Date: September 29, 2016 04:28PM

Thanks for the disturbing link. I see Fred Phelps of the Westboro baptists has an heir to continue the disgusting hatred in the name of religion.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 09:17PM

Oh my hell.

Look at that picture and then how can anyone say those things?

I remember when I first found out my ex is gay and as I fell into suicidal depression, I'd get a picture in my mind of a monster as that is what I had been taught. I would call him, hear his voice, and KNOW that HE was a good person, that he was no monster, no sinner, no pervert. It infuriates me that someone can say something SO despicable.

Posted by: Suicide?LGBT? ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 05:10PM

Well I read the obituary, and I watched the memorial video.

Sad, very moving, he is a wonderful man by all the evidence.

LGBT? Didn't see that. Suicide? I believe it, he was young and healthy looking, but didn't see evidence for that either.

Could have been accident or illness from all the evidence I saw.

Posted by: Rameumptom ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 08:24PM

The link above by shortbobgirl confirms it was an LGBT suicide.

Posted by: The person who actually knew B ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 01:09AM

Braxton Taylor was my bestfriend for a really long time. His Mormon mom was his bestfriend. For you to use his death to push your own political and religious agendas is absolutely sickening. This is severely hurtful to so many people who loved him and knew him. Just because he was gay and his family was Mormon doesn't not mean the two caused what happened.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 05:54AM

Perhaps you should make a pledge to stay celibate and go without a spouse and children for your entire life so that you can understand what your church was asking of *him.*

Or, if he did follow his heart and marry a gay man, the couple would not be welcome in your church, and the Mormon church would not baptize any children they might adopt.

And you say that his being gay AND Mormon was not a large contributing factor in his suicide? How naïve of you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2016 11:12AM by summer.

Posted by: M.Breckenridge ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 10:29AM

+ a billion to summer

This thread is showing unrestrained caring and understanding for Braxton and many of us are deeply hurt having come so close to having done the same and having lost friends the same way.

The supposed "The person who actually knew B" is showing unrestrained caring and allegiance to the Mormon church as trained to do, and callously ignoring the depth of despair it caused Braxton as a gay youth. Trust me I know.

To Mormons image is everything. They sacrifice their own children for the image of the Mormon church, kick them to the streets, disown them, make them feel inferior and worthless, all for the great Mormon God.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 12:17PM

First, you have my sympathy for your loss. Loosing a close friend, is horrible. I'm sorry that this happened to him and the pain you and his family feel at his loss.

Perhaps his homosexuality did or did not contribute to his death. You new him better than we did, we did not and can only go by what we see reported and by guesses based on what we have seen in the past.

Regardless of the reasons, his death is a tragedy. What I see in this thread is mostly sympathy for him and his family, which is, as it should be.

The reason why many, if not most, here blame the LDS church for his death is because of what the LDS church does to young homosexuals. It is cruel to be told that you can never be with someone you love, that you can't even look for that someone. Also, you have no idea what he may have been told behind the closed doors of a bishop's office. Many here do know, because they have been told similar things, horrible things, behind similar doors. We are horrified at the thought that what he has been taught by his church may have lead to his inability to figure out a way to live with himself. It is a story that we hear all to often and it's hard not to see the connection each time another death like this occurs.

So, while you, correctly, don't want to see his death politicized, I suggest that you look elsewhere, as we want nothing more than for no more young people to take their own lives due to the teachings of the church.

Perhaps, look to actual politicians who are using this young man's death to further their political career and have called his homosexuality and his suicide sins that he'll hopefully get mercy for. His homosexuality was not a sin, it was a part of who he was and was no more a sin than having blond hair. His suicide is not murder and he needs no mercy for it, what he did need was sympathy and understanding for whatever demons plagued him so it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Again, I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your friend.

Posted by: M.Breckenridge ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 12:20PM

You put a lump in my throat. I wish so many could read that.

Posted by: albinolamanite not logged ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 01:18PM

If you were his friend for a really long time, I hope you and your family can say with a clear conscience that you accepted him for who he was. Every part of him. And I hope that he considered you someone he could always be himself around and share his innermost feelings with. I challenge you, and everyone else who knew him, to ask yourselves if this was the case.

Posted by: Albinolamanite logged not in ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 10:47AM

The video at the end of his obituary made me cry too. I have a son near his age. I couldn't imagine him feeling that kind of despair and knowing his parents will never fully accept him. I actually had my son when I was 19 yo and my parents were rejecting me for not being on a mission but I'm lucky I didn't feel suicidal. I mostly blame the parents. Let's be real about this. Mormon parents are motivated by the perception of other mormons and by fear of the kids and their choices damaging their own salvation. They don't really care about their kids which is why teen suicide is so high in Utah. If I must go to hell for my kids then I'll do it happily. But really, hell is a silly notion. Rest in Peace Braxton. I would have been proud to call you, such a sweet and caring boy, my Son.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 11:59AM

May he and all my friends who left too early in life by their own hands, rest in peace. My heart breaks for them all and I miss them so much.

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 01:50PM

My heart breaks for this young man. My son is the same age, and while he is not gay, he is also not LDS, in Utah.

I hope that someday the church will see what it does to this community. This young man should have been doing what 19 year olds do around the world, not worrying about what he is not because he is here in Utah.

Make this stop!!

My ex-husband could not live a lie. He is so much happier now that he doesn't have to. He moved out of Utah, and that made such a difference, and he has found with his partner that it is ok to be gay. I am happy for him. I can't imagine the despair he went through during our marriage, of which I did not know or understand.

RIP Bucky

Posted by: No-more ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 06:56PM

A brilliant policy by a religion. Don't be seen throwing LGBTI+ off buildings, bad PR. Just drive them to kill themselves.
Then you can all have a whine about how sad it is, offer some empty prayers, and forget about it until the next one.

And the next.

Posted by: facts ( )
Date: October 02, 2016 08:28PM

Isn't bullying people into suicide considered, at least, reckless endangerment? The methods they use to cull the teenage herd in Utah calls for Federal intervention. These are adults persecuting minors to death.

Bednar: "There are no homosexuals in [our church]."

They make his delusion come true through emotional, mental, spiritual and sometimes financial torture. I consider it to be criminal, and do not want these criminals to do their evil deeds unimpeded. Human decency demands that they be prosecuted.

Date: October 03, 2016 10:30AM

"Isn't bullying people into suicide considered, at least, reckless endangerment?"

Sadly, the Mormon church like other religions raking in the cash get are exempt from paying taxes.

Even sadder, the Mormon church like other religions is exempt from being held accountable for reprehensible behavior that deeply hurts others.

Religion is too much a safe haven for legalized bigotry as is proved by this vile stance that the Mormons have taken against their own children.

Is there anything that can top the smug arrogance and smug ignorance of Bednar's pronouncement?

Posted by: Rhon ( )
Date: April 28, 2017 04:08PM

Posted by: Rhon ( )
Date: April 28, 2017 04:08PM

xx

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: April 29, 2017 01:09AM

It's heartbreaking.

Why aren't we in the streets?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.