Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 09:24AM

Good Morning ya'll! It is a beautiful looking day out here in Eastern North Carolina. A cold front came through last night, so our temps are not going to get out of the low 50's today which means it is actually feeling like it should be for the weekend before Thanksgiving. It also means that I can wear my boots tomorrow at school as well.

Today, I am going to make chili in the crock pot for dinner tonight. I haven't had home-made chili in forever and I don't think I ever used the crock pot for it either so I am going to have to see how it goes. I might even make some sugar cookies because I have had a craving for them for quite some time. Other things I got planned today is laundry, homework, and family history research. I am really excited because tomorrow is the only day I go to school this week because Wednesday is the official start of Thanksgiving break and my two Tuesday classes are optional.

Have a great day!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 10:03AM

Was wondering what to do, what to do, on this fine Sunday morning here in the Andes...and then, I saw her: the dog! She's been a good girl lately--hasn't eaten any of my socks--so she deserves a nice long walk in the park...

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 10:21AM

Going to visit my mom, then when I get home some football and hockey

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 10:54AM

Getting ready to write a critical essay on HD's poem, Eurydice. Initially I was having trouble coming up with what i wanted to analyze for this class, but *boom* we read this poem and I decided to put my knowledge of mythology to test. If I get two pages written in this next couple of hours, I'll head up the street to Durango with BF for lunch and relaxation. :)

Making chili in a crock pot is the way to go as long as you braise the beef (unless you're vegetarian) in a pan first. Did you know you can also cook beans in a crockpot? All you have to do is boil the beans for 1 minute, let them sit for an hour in the water, covered, then rinse and dump them in the crockpot with fresh water and seasonings and them them cook overnight.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 11:16AM

We slept in this morning. It was glorious. The wife and I and one of our Cocker Spaniels all snoring away....bliss.

RB

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 11:24AM

Having a delicious fresh brewed cup-O-joe, reading RFM, and in a while going to the grocery store what won't be overly crowded since it's Sunday. Then a nap, gawd knows how good a nap can be.

Sunday used to be the day I mowed my lawn, right about the time when sacrament meeting starts, and all the good little morgbots are motoring past my house so I can wave.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 12:07PM

A little of this and a little of that - whatever I FEEL like doing.

At present, downloading Skyrim and checking Rfm while I wait.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 09:25AM

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee." - Random Guard in Skyrim

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 12:22PM

Time for a Costco run...

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 12:58PM

Going to a flea market that's only held one Sunday a month.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 01:55PM

Well, because of RfM, we had waffles for breakfast.

Now there's football and big box shopping. Just another day in Paradise.

Posted by: South ound ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 02:25PM

Back in the oil patch for the winter. The worst day in the patch is better than the best day at church

Posted by: librarian ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 04:52PM

Helped cook once a month Sunday breakfast at yacht club. We served 28 people despite rain.
Menu-Scrambled eggs with cream, bacon, sausage, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, watermelon, yogurt, with full bar.Coffee for forty, orange juice and real butter for the biscuits and pancakes. And syrup,hot.
I had some leftover champagne just because we did not want it to go to waste. So it went to our waists instead.
Five women did all of the setting up and cooking, and cleanup after. For $8 this can not be topped!
Now it is time for cocooning with a good book.
Librarian

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 05:05PM

Went training for a half-marathon earlier today. I'm so out of shape by the time the half-marathon rolls around I may be ready for half of that! ;)

Then afterwards I spent a 'delightful' afternoon of learning at our local Jewish center. Where several rabbis convened at the same time to give lectures, ie, workshops. I picked three out of 5, and the first lecture was the start of the rest (so four altogether.) In three hours we covered lots of ground.

First was a poem about suffering and the Jews, in relation to God and humankind. Didn't make any sense, and that was as the poet intended. Then we had a lecture on planting - how the seeds we plant in our time may not yield fruit, but for our children or years from now it will. The inter-connectedness was focused on in that discussion of our families and our kindred ties that bind. The roots are important, the tree and branches are too. But it's the fruit that is the reward for having planted a seed and letting it grow.

Then rain was the third lecture. The importance of water. Its symbolism and meaning for our lives. Last lecture was the importance of medicine in Judaism, and its meaning. Holistic in scope, the rabbi went through each letter of the word m-e-d-i-c-i-n-e explaining each one's special definition of medicine and healing found in Judaism.

It's such a freezing cold, dreary day. I'm glad I got outside for a part of it. And very thankful to have a warm hearth to come home to!

:)

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 09:17PM

I got up and fixed coffee. Drank more coffee and smoked several bowls of tobacco. Drank more coffee. Watched the Cowboys beat Baltimore. Went to the store and filled my shoe box for Operation Christmas Child. Went to 5:30 mass and dropped off the box. Went home and am now drinking a Coke-Zero, smoking my pipe and listening to Electric Area on Sirius XM. I really like electronic dance music. Strange for a 71 year old.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: November 21, 2016 09:18AM

Sleeping in late with my wife, who made no effort whatsoever to get ready for church...she didn't even mention it. This is becoming more and more the norm rather than the exception in recent months.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.