Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Troy ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 12:48AM

Not the LDS Church, I mean, it's obvious why I don't like their church. It is "TSCC" that I never liked, as a nickname for their silly religion. Having a "so-called" church implies that there exists a legitimate church that this one is trying to imitate. I just can't bring myself to it, however. "TSCC" is not for me. Every single faith-based cult is a "so-called" church, I suppose. But then I would have to pre-suppose the "not-so-called" church that is implied by the nickname!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 02:24AM

This
Stupid
Crazy
Cult!

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 02:32AM

How about...
Those
Stinky
Controlling
Creeps
??

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 11:17AM

A and H and Stalker Dog those are great!!!

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 02:34AM

is because the morg leaders say "these so-called 'gays and lesbians'.....".

They don't want to call me "gay". They want to say that I have SSA or same-sex-attraction. Well, to hell with them! I have PTSD, ADHD, RLS & am bi-polar types 1, 2 & 8, but I do NOT have SSA, thank you very much.

And they are not a church. They claim to be a church, but they are nothing but a real estate investment biz.

My take is that a church would provide succor to the needy, help to the afflicted and love to the orphans. TSCC does none of those things, ergo it is not a church.

Posted by: Troy ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 03:27AM

Ok, you make a good case. I'll stop complaining now. I brought it up a few years ago when people first started using it but I just made a bunch of people mad. I'll shut up now.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 04:00PM

You hit on the reason that I do like it.

They are not a church, they are a multinational corporation masquerading as a church.

Posted by: Zeno Lorea ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 04:29PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2010 04:29PM by Zeno Lorea.

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 04:43PM

Also, I think people say "TSCC" bc, unlike other denominations, they claim to be Gawd's ONE, true church.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 05:32PM

I don't think the term implies that there is one true church out there. I think it is saying that Mormonism is more of a corporation or cult than a church and it is not the only church that fits the description. Look at Scientology, the tele- evangleists etc. However, there are churches out there that spend a lot more of their money helping the poor and more of their time worshipping Jesus than the Morg. The Morg is about image, tithing, following the prophet, going to the temple etc than it is about the things that a Christian church should be about.Personally, I kind of like the term.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.