Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 12:15PM

Happy New Year's everyone!!! I was up late last night just puttering around which doesn't happen very much anymore so it meant that I had a late start today.

I am enjoying some iced coffee and given some thought to what I am going to do today. I know I will probably will be working on my cross stitch pattern that I got. I am surprised on how easy it is to do. Hopefully with some practice I can do some of the harder patterns that I am finding online.

I hope that you all have a great day and an awesome 2017!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 12:34PM

Happy New Year kativicky!

Housecleaning today while the Mrs. is at church. For some reason our cats ignore my orders to clean up after themselves.

Spanish vocabulary practice. :(

If I'm really ambitious I'll tackle one of my main New Year's resolutions, which is to organize the kitchen pantry. It's scary in there.

Eating leftover Christmas treats!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 12:54PM

Well, (gulp) I'm headed to a big evangelical church with some relatives today. There will be a praise band performing, lots of clapping and singing, some uplifting preaching, bread and grape juice for communion, and some loud amens. My attire is jeans and a sweater. It's not my worship style, but the pastor is gentle and non-judgmental. I enjoy being with my relatives.

Then, I plan to take them to a brew pub for some lunch and craft beer, we'll probably do some shopping, and then some cutthroat canasta for New Years Day. All of the above, including the church part, will be fun and happy.

Happy 2017, RfM!!! The Evangelical's Boner!

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 12:55PM

Boner, that sounds like a great kickoff to the year!

Back at ya re: Happy 2017!

Posted by: dodo ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 03:36PM

I won't be going to church today. However, since it is the first Sunday of the month, it is also Fast Sunday which means that the time will be turned over to us to "bare testimony". If it's okay, I think I'd like to do that now.

My Brothers and Sisters (/gag just typing that) I'd like to stand before you today and un-bare my testimony. I know the church is not the true church on the earth today. I don't believe that there is now or ever was a true church. I don't believe that Mr. Monson is a prophet, however, I do believe that he knows how to turn a very decent profit. I love my Mom and Dad even though they kept me deeply submersed in the cesspool of mormonism. I love my real Brothers and Sisters most of the time. And, I know that the Holey Ghost is about as real as flying reindeer. Thank you very much, Amen and Amen

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 03:37PM

Man, I don't even think about church being for Sundays anymore. It's just a day off.

It was 3:00 p.m. before I finally got around to showering, dressing and eating something. I'm just contentedly lazing around.

Posted by: brianberkeley ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 04:33PM

It is a wonderful day to go dirt biking!

Later, my filipina asawa(wife) is going to fix pancit canton for dinner.

Masarap! Delicious

Posted by: bettydee ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 04:47PM

We slept in ,I did laundry ,went to Dairy Queen for lunch then came home and took down my Christmas decorations.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 05:15PM

I had 11 people in my 1200 square foot house baking. It was total choas. Now I am in my couch recovering.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 07:12PM

A few of us meet every New Years Day at a local hotel for brunch. So it was coffee and food and good times.

RB

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 08:15PM

Totally resting. Enjoying the sound of gentle rain. Getting ready for work tomorrow.

Posted by: Rolled tacos on a sunday ( )
Date: January 01, 2017 08:58PM

I know a few tbm's that got to bed right after 12 or went to sleep even earlier for 9 am church

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.