Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 11:12PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 11:24PM

hmmmm, I heard that it was a beautiful spring day. That should get us started.

Posted by: ericka ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 11:26PM

"Oh how lovely was the morning, radiant beamed the sun ABOVE..."

I'm guessing it must have been sometime between 9am and noon according to the words of the song.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 11:39PM

It was between March 21 and June 21 I think. So pick a day.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 12:21AM

It was April 31.

That's a fact when you pray about it :D

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 08:59AM

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 04:24PM

I thought it was February 30th.

Posted by: Tempe-X ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 12:30AM

Thirteen O'clock

At least that's what Mickey Mouse told the prophet Bobby Goldsboro.

It was quite a shock

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 12:50AM

It was February 31.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 01:46PM

Haha. For sure!

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 01:34AM

Date and time? That's easy: never and never.

Posted by: Anon for today ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 06:03AM

Sorry, I have no idea when the alleged 14-year old Joe Junior had his moment in the grove.

But, for the record, I can remember the following that took place with me some 40+ years ago:

- 8 years old: the exact day and date of my baptism into Mormonism.

- 8 years old: the exact day and date of my confirmation into Mormonism.

- 8 years old: the exact gift my dad gave me on the day of my confirmation.

- 8 years old: the exact spot in the stake center chapel where I sat during the Sacrament Meeting of my confirmation.

- 12 years old: the exact day and date of the first time I passed the Sacrament as a Deacon.

- 12 years old: the exact day and date I wore my first Sears Department store suit as I passed the Sacrament as a Deacon.

- 12 years old: the exact spot in our chapel where I was sitting when I first spoke at the pulpit in a Fast and Testimony meeting.

Isn't it curious that Joe Junior's account stating "in the Spring of 1820" wasn't clarified by the almighty God who forgot himself to give his servant Joe Junior a revelation that made him REMEMBER the EXACT date?

And guess what? I know I wasn't foreordained from the pre-existence to be second to Jesus Christ in importance with the awesome responsibility chosen by God to restore his one-true-church! Yea verily, verily, if I had been the one guy chosen, yea foreordained to restore God's one-true-church, I KNOW I COULD N-O-T forget the details or the date when I saw God and Jesus hovering in the air while we had a delightful three-way conversation amidst 'bees humming, sweet birds singing and music ringing through the grove.'

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 08:07AM

There are probably FOUR different options, for those FOUR different "First Vision" stories.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 08:17AM

Hey, we can't expect Joe to remember the date when he was busy remembering everything that was said to him (including Old Testament passages).

Plus, it's hard to remember trivial details like date and time when you don't "remember" anything about the incident for 18 years or so.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 08:18AM

Exactly half past 'give a shit'.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 10:12AM

Nobody can show any evidence it happened at all, let alone the *exact* moment.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 11:38AM

Odd, isn't it, that Joe couldn't give an exact date for that alleged vision, but he COULD give an exact date for the visit from the angel Moroni (or Nephi - whichever): September 21.

Another odd contradiction: God would not allow anyone to see the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated, except for a handful of Joe's friends selected by God. They were too sacred. BUT the papyri from which the sacred Book of Abraham was translated were exhibited to one and all, for 25ยข a peek.

God moos in mysterious waves.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 11:48AM

The allegations of super-sophisticated NSA surveillance programs are nothing in comparison to the loving heavenly 24/7 surveillance program that Heavenly Father and the Angels lovingly put on the thoughts/actions on everyone. If you think modern technology is amazing then think what its like when its celestial and perfect. That way the rap sheets can be prepared for Judgment Day in order to make sure you can be thoroughly judged. The incredible feelings of joy that a person shall feel when they think about the ramifications of this will help them better understand what its like to be TBM. I suppose I could try questioning an "every fibre of my being; without a shadow of a doubt" testimony but that would mean to commit the disgusting evil gross sin of doubt so I couldn't possibly consider thinking such a thing unless I'm looking to be shredded to pieces at Judgment Day. Isn't the Gospel so refreshing and relaxing for all freedom/privacy seeking people?

So when exactly did the First Vision take place? Well certainly the only people who could possibly think that this isn't known with very good certainty are those who don't believe that God/Angels are doing their work in heaven. Though your Ward clerks might be slackers the folks in heaven are perfect.

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 11:50AM

The correct answer is: Never. It didn't happen.

Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 01:33PM

It was June 5th at 10:43 exactly.

Date: January 11, 2017 01:54PM

Hang on!
How you know that?

Date: January 11, 2017 01:54PM

God told me.
We were playing golf at the time and I asked him straight out.
He said "I know the exact time and date because of the very fine Rolex watch Moses gave me for my birthday."
I looked at his gold watch and replied. "For Gods sake God. That's a fake Rolex and it has stopped!"
'Oh Shit!" He says. "That Jesus was supposed to be back on earth twenty-five years ago!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2017 01:59PM by davetheseer.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 01:41PM

I'm pretty sure it was at a desk in 1838. JS needed a good story to continue selling his product.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 01:42PM

Have not you seen the video where the MORmON experts go into great detail on how they have the exact time / day figured out when The First vision happened based on weather for various years and other attendant details of Joe SMith's (BULL SHIT) story ?

It is simply amazing watching MORmONS concoct reinforcing (Supposed) proofs for events that NEVER happened !!! especially when they involved people who never existed !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BQrl4EZ07Y

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 03:47PM

Some Mormons like to claim it happened on April 6th, since pretty much everything else related to Mormonism did, too.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 04:06PM

Apparently he was smoking something and can't seem to remember details. However, no report of him getting the munchies afterward.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 04:25PM

Ding ding ding. We HAVE a winner!

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 04:38PM

Coincidentally I happen to known the EXACT day, time, and location.

As you can imagine, gaining this information, verifying it, and maintaining it are grueling, time-consuming, expensive tasks.

But I'm willing to reveal all this to my fellow ExMos for only $39.99 (+ $19.99 shipping/handling). Compare this price to what I charge TBMs: $69.99 (+$29.99 s/h).

Just send your remittance (U.S. currency only) to:

getbusylivin
Trailer 17B
Joseph Smith Memorial Trailer Parque and Horse Rendering Facility
Frontage Road 8
Emma's Folly, UT 80091

"You Can Trust Me--I Used To Be A Mormon"

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 12, 2017 09:50AM

Who doesn't? Ask a million members/ former members and get a million answers. Someone already gave the right (my) answer - though they are all correct, in one way or another - so I'll give another.

First of all, as you know, it didn't happen (yet). Sorry if this burst your bubble but you can always blow another one.

Do you have a time machine? If so, I'd like a date.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: January 12, 2017 11:36PM

Were the mushrooms freshly picked from a horse tird...or were they dried from the previous summer...morms are mushrooms anyway...kept in the dark and fed horse poop...a road apple a day...will keep logical thought away...bon appetit...dont forget to pay

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.