Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 11:14AM

In the past couple of years I have learned that the Church believes that JS used a stone he found to translate the BoM. Not the seers stones that came with the book.

WE are no longer to have planets but just become Gods. At least having a planet was more interesting than just becoming a God. Do you know how boring that is.

We don't make babies of gay unions members of the Church until they are 18. First it was a revelation, now its just policy.

This week we learn that we need to have the "spirit" with us in the bedroom. Did I miss something here? It means that God is a Peeping Tom.

I was talking to some older single LDS sisters. The reason they want to get married soon is so they will not be administering angels in the Celestial Kingdom. They were serious about this.

Youth are to do name extractions and attend the temple once a month where possible to do baptisms. This is in place of fun activities.(at least in our stake)

We have missionaries and no one seems to know what to do with them. They look like lost youth with no goals, no hope, no prospective members except very weird people and young kids.

We are not to trust our doubts.

We are to ask the right questions as there are wrong questions we can ask.

I could go on. What say you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 11:43AM

Senile and mean spirited old men should not keep pretending to be guided by the spirit.

This is not the church of my youth. Once Mormons were proud to be "peculiar." Now they are proud to be petty, small minded, mean and spiteful.

I had a good friend who was distraught and came to me crying one time because she realized she had hit mid-life and was not going to be married ever. The sorrow and terror she was feeling were hard to see. The future of unmarried women in the Mormon church is indeed bleak. Either ministering angels or being added to a harem. What a choice. This is not every girl's romantic dream. And these assignments are for ETERNITY!

And continuing with desperate lives . . .you are spot on about the missionaries. You don't need to see Night of the living Dead, you can just watch quite a few of the Elders stroll by and look in their faces. It's not just a waste of two years, it is two years convoluted with tangles and kinks that will be difficult to undo on return. The healthy minded ones are breaking the rules.

No. It wasn't like this in the fifties and sixties when I was young. Weirder by the day is true, I would also say more ridiculous, petty, self serving, and destructive by the day. They really should have stuck with peculiar.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 11:52AM

I think the church is just as weird as always. The world is now passing them by as they've been exposed as they really are. For a group that purports to have inspired men that talk to God, they sure don't seem to have any answers.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 01:56PM

IT IS NOT YOU

Posted by: anon39 ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 02:25PM

No more planets? When did this happen? HA!!!

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 03:37PM

I think the no more planets thing is just a PR ploy rather than actual doctrine. It just sounds really bizarre to tell non-Mormons that each male Mormon hopes to become a god and get his own planet when he dies.

If each male Mormon can still become a god, and the job description of Mormon gods includes administrating one or more planets full of people, then it follows that if you become a Mormon god, then you get to create or be assigned your own planet or planets.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 04:26PM

Weirdness is a substitute for free-range orgasms and other pleasures.

When folks can't handle Plan A (or have become convinced that Plan A is somehow bad for them) they'll switch to Plan B. Me, I like having orgasms when and how I choose, deciding what to put into the large hole in my face (e.g., coffee), how to spend my precious finite time on this Earth (hint: not going to the block), etc.

Others prefer the weirdness. I pity them. It's like whipped cream: I'm fortunate not to have any problems with lactose, so I can dump a big glob of sweet, fat- and lactose-laden whipped cream on my ice cream and have at it. I don't give a rat's ass about lactose. Yeah, it's probably bad for me. So sue me.

Posted by: bettydee ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 04:48PM

Can't get much weirder then back in the day (1977) when I had my endowments done and I was touched in an inappropriate sexual manner,threatened with being disemboweled,my heart cut out and my throat slit!

Anyone that missed going through that nightmare ritual missed out on PTSD!

And why I didn't run as far away as fast as I could from all things Mormon.... I haven't a clue!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 04:59PM by bettydee.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 05:21PM

"I was touched in an inappropriate sexual manner,threatened with being disemboweled,my heart cut out and my throat slit!"

When I think of the Eternal Love and Redemptive Forgiveness our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has for us, that's what always comes to mind....

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 12:03PM

Naw...theyve always been way weird...what changes is perspective...geez not many years ago i swallowed the flaming sword with a side of 14 yr old...now its just ridiculous and so repulsive...not even lovelace cud do a flaming sword...its only once you move from the asylum the crazy becomes apparent...one of the most common statements on exmo boards...i cant believe i ever thought that...or couldnt see that

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 12:50PM

It's always been weird, it is just becoming more evident with formons' growth and the world's access to the truths of the underbelly of tscc... and lds's reactions to nature, humanity, and the world (as opposed to it's 'leading' anything, even it's members) at large!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 02:04PM

It was always weird. They are just not able to hide the weirdness anymore.

It's not just you!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 07:03PM

Planet Rock

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 07:15PM

What you're seeing is what happens when hope turns to desperation. Feed the flock dramas while you fleece them. Same old game.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.