Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 03:05AM

http://prideinutah.com/?p=3449

This video is only 21 seconds long and mildly adult.

Glenn Beck is a disgusting pig.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 09:31AM

His wife wasn't even MORMON when she refused to have pre-marital sex?! And she wasn't even a member of any other conservative religion, either? (How utterly weird).

So the chick demands they get "a religion" and get married first before they actually *do it*. So, they find the Mormons, get baptized, get married, and THEN GB gets to have sex with his "totally hot" wife.

Again, how utterly weird.

;o)

Posted by: gnelson651 ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 11:01AM

You guys really make me laugh!

You really believe Glenn's tongue-in-cheek answer? Obviously you don't watch his show. Hello--HE IS BEEN SARCASTIC.

Mormons are so naive... in many ways.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 12:20PM

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 12:38PM

In the larger context of the whole video, Glenn Beck does pretend to be making fun of himself for being so shallow *before* he became a mormon. Once he became a mormon, he also became a deep thinker.

Right.

Actually, Beck often uses a twisted or mocking version of real incidents in his life to make an entertaining story out of his conversion to mormonism. The problem is that the real story is still true. No matter how he presents it, yes, he did join the mormon church and he did get married because it was the only way he could have sex. His was a hormonal conversion, more common in younger men.

If you think this is just Beck being sarcastic, I think you have been bamboozled. It's the trick of a scam artist to use the truth to tell a lie.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 02:19PM

seems to be that too many people are just too literal and don't catch sarcasm! Mr. GB is very good at that.
It's part of his style - tongue-in-cheek - he uses it a LOT!

I don't know why he became LDS nor do I care. He does not speak for the LDS Church.
He is a commentator/entertainer that has found a niche and is having a ball with it.
I have no idea what he is trying to promote most the time, but who cares! :-)

Posted by: eloher ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 02:43PM

Whether true or not, tongue-in-cheek, or not, it's still damn funny. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it. I'm in bed with a nasty flu/stomach bug. Whole fam damily's got it. Waaah!

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 03:00PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.