Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 12:43PM

Born in the church, Served a mission, temple wedding , 5 kids etc, lived the wow pretty closely, a couple of times a year when no one would know I would on a empty stomach guzzle two beers, I hated the taste but I would enjoy the buzz. The good thing about mormonism is that I preserved my body in my early years so that I can now enjoy alcohol in my later years. I am 64 now and so many of my friends abused booze and tobacco and now their health sucks in their later years and can't drink. My 2 cents

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 12:56PM

Common sense. Not Mormonism.....

Gatorman
9-4
18-5

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: February 09, 2017 09:45PM

gatorman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Common sense. Not Mormonism.....
>
> Gatorman
> 9-4
> 18-5

That's right. The typical Mormon 'food' served in home and events is garbage. Look at Monson! The dude is eating mints or whatever like a freaking toddler in the MormonLeaks videos and looks like comorbity factors x a zillion! HE IS A GLUTTON. His body shows it. A prophet who has no self control? Nice.

The external righteousness of WoW is what the alleged Jesus felt like he would puke when he saw it. Who gives a damn if you eat meat sparingly and in winter? The righteous person understands it is the heart, not courting the favor of man.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 01:30PM

Dirtbikr,

Same for me. Living the WoW was a +, especially thru the teenage years where partying is the norm.

And I see the same thing you do. Many of my friends who were never LDS and never lived the WoW are suffering from the ill effects of living the typical booze/cig etc life

No regrets about living WoW. Not one

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 02:56PM

Gee, I left the morg at 21, and somehow managed to not 'abuse my body' for the past 36 years without some made-up nonsense about words of wisdom supposedly revealed from the god of kolob.

Then again, my jack-mormon grandfather and grandmother who both drank beer, smoked, and drank coffee from the age of 14 on, somehow managed to live without major health problems until 98 and 102.

Hmm.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: February 09, 2017 09:13PM

The coffee is what saved them.

Posted by: neverevermo ( )
Date: February 09, 2017 08:52PM

never mormon here--pretty clean living all throughout...

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: February 09, 2017 09:14PM

As a non-mo growing up I not only did not smoke, I was threatened with being disinherited if I married a smoker. I also was brought up as a non-drinker. The only thing that was different was I could drink coffee. Quitting coffee almost cost me my life.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: February 09, 2017 09:16PM

If it doesn't kill you, it will make you weaker.

Posted by: doesnmakesense ( )
Date: February 09, 2017 10:16PM

My dad smoked for 65 years - drank hard liquor by the gallons and lived to almost 88.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.