Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: February 08, 2017 12:51PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 08, 2017 12:53PM

I think it's just pissing them off, and maybe that's reward enough.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: February 08, 2017 12:55PM

I am conversing with a TBM who was not happy that the top leaders received a salary. That leak itself just placed a huge item on his shelf.

The conversation morphed into one where he agreed that all organisations that get tax free status should be forced to provide full financial disclosure. Including his beloved church.

So I believe the leaks are doing some damage.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 08, 2017 08:01PM

Hardly affecting them at all.

The Morg could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose members.

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: February 08, 2017 08:50PM

They don't lose any sleep over it I'm sure. It's a billion dollar business using religion to wash it's money. Worst case, they shut down the religion side sell all the property related to the religion side. Temples, ward houses etc. and all the land make hundreds of millions of dollars from those sells. Then merge with some other big corporation go public and poof everyone at the top gets' ten's of millions in golden parachutes for themselves and their familes for life. And the big tall white building in SLC has a big golden Trump sign on it. And the clowns that still believe in LDS teachings all move to Colorado City or Missouri waiting for sky daddy to come back and in the mean time marrying as many wives as they can.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 08, 2017 08:54PM

There appears to be an "inside source" from the COB that's passing stuff along. Much of it is quite old, but a little bit is from the last year or so.
I imagine the morg are formulating a plan to catch the leaker right now (if they haven't already)...

Posted by: Topped ( )
Date: February 09, 2017 02:02PM

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: February 09, 2017 03:18PM

TSCC has a (BIG) hole in it... and it is leaking! It's cup runneth over... and it is spilling. It's (public) answers sometimes even proceed it's questions.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: February 09, 2017 06:46PM

I don't think there's any knowing. As someone else pointed out, I think the only potentially damaging release so far was the evidence that "living allowances" were anything but the Hinckley lue "modest."

But as someone else posted, the vast majority of blind followers won't be fazed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.