Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 11:55PM

So, here I am in KCMO. Been here since first week in November. Things have not gone as planned, but what does? I am here to stay for now I think. I am in the Northland, and I haven't made really any friends. I frequent the Parkville dog park.....

Anyway, I'd love to say all the fun stuff about this move, but alas I am tired.

I will say that last night I clicked on the forum, and realized that I had not had anything to say for awhile. I came to the conclusion that tscc doesn't play as big of a part of my life here. In fact, not much at all. I am grateful for that, and I know that the church is not true, and that all the awful church buildings are not Gods house...etc.

That was supposed to be some kind of testimony. but seriously, Id love to meet up with some rfms from the area if your willing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 12:07AM

Would you like me to hook you up with my stake missionary brother over there? (jkz)

He'll be your very best buddy ever. (jkz again.) He's actually rather conniving for a brother *and* a missionary.

Sorry, not trying to make light of your situation. I visited there one time when my daughter was living in KC. I kind of liked it there.

Do not know where if any, is an ex-Mo meetup. One thing I will say for KC, it has no shortage of denominations.

Hope you find some kindred spirits amenable to your liking. :)

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 12:09AM

I would but I'm in a similar situation here in Idaho, no friends still, surrounded by mormons.

Posted by: molightplz ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:01AM

jonny,

I also live in the KC area. After leaving the church we had to find new friends. We found friends here. http://www.kcoasis.org/

We meet at Crown Center food court on Sundays for lunch about 1:00pm. Can't miss us.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:36PM

Cool. I might just drive down to Crown Center for that meeting. I've been in KC for close to 20 years after fleeing Utah. I lost my testimony within the first 5 years here. I never felt so alone but I also was glad I wasn't losing my religion in Utah!

Posted by: molightplz ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 01:17AM

We left our extended family out west when we moved to KC 18 years ago. Ward members became our families support until we left the church 16 months ago. I'm glad that I didn't have to worry about LDS employers or coworkers.

Date: March 28, 2017 10:19PM

I'd love to read your exit story.

Posted by: kcexmoadmin ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 04:01PM

I'm an admin for three Kansas City area secret ExMormon Facebook pages:

"Kansas City Region ExMormons"
"KC ExMos Southeast" (Independence, Blue Springs, Raytown)
"KC ExMos West" (Olathe, Overland Park, Shawnee, Bonner Springs; and west of mid-town)

As soon as you join one of these sites, you'll be notified as to the location of our monthly MeetUp location.

Feel free to 'friend' me and contact me.

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:24AM

meetup.com
check it; see if there are groups in your area that share the same interests & hobbies

Date: March 26, 2017 01:41PM

My email is in my profile if you click it (from the main message page.) I've wanted to meet in person a RfMer for a long time.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.