Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 08:58PM

A couple of days ago, two 30-ish women came to my door and left a flier with me about their cat, that appeared to have runaway. (It's fairly common in our area for people to put a post about missing pets on electricity poles, and trees.)

However, these two woman had chosen, instead, to hand-deliver their notice, door to door. But (among other things)--as far as I could see--they only stopped at my house. (And my house no longer has a car in the driveway.) Foolishly, I invited them to take a look in my backyard. (I know, I know--now--as everyone has told me the same thing, that is, that they may have been *casing* the joint.)

(Fortunately, I told them that it wasn't likely, as my (*grown*) children had just been in the back yard picking lemons, and didn't report seeing any cat.

Other problems with their tale: Cat's don't stay in one place (especially like in someone else's backyard). They keep on the move, and return to the home that feeds them.

Also, it is illegal in the city in which I live, for people not to keep their pets on leashes when they are outside with their owner.

As my hairdresser said (this is a joke in my family--as hairdressers frequently have advice to offer, as provided them by their other customers): "This doesn't sound on the up and up"--and "be careful" (the same advice offered by my grown children).

Anyway, this worried me enough to keep me awake that night, for awhile. (I do have night-lights attached to the corner of my back-yard garage.)

Any other advice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 10:13PM

I think you'll be okay. Once I went door to door in search of my family's lost cat. When you lose a pet, you're frantic. And sometimes pets slip out, or off of leashes, despite the best of intentions.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 11:11PM

Here's wucha do, Polly:

On your way to the door holler:
"Can't anybody answer this damn door but me????"

Or, greet the stranger in your sweetest voice, then turn and scream,
"Willard!!! You put that damn gun down! You been drinkin beer and cleanin that damn gun all daayyy looongg!!"

"Yer agent duddn even know you got that thang!"

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 15, 2017 11:42PM

Perfect!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.