Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Omergod ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 02:46AM

Whatever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 07:53AM

What did happen to EOD?

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 10:36AM

I tried to search for his name, but nothing comes up at all. I could be doing it wrong. But it does seems like its been several months if not longer that we've heard from him.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 02:44PM

Last post:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1911110,1911115#msg-1911115

And here's a link to his entire posting history:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/search.php?2,search=,author=elderolddog,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=0,match_forum=ALL,match_threads=0

"saucie" stopped posting at about the same time.

One of the great, unsolved mysteries of RfM. I hope they're okay!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 02:59PM

Yes, he stopped posting suddenly. I think, judging from some of his last posts, that he may have grown tired of the board. Saucie posted for several more weeks but then stopped as well.

I hope they are both well. They were wonderful people, wonderful board members.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 03:02PM

Also TheMaster and GetBusyLivin stopped posting without any word from either of them.

GBL was suffering from a 2nd bout with cancer. TheMaster is in his 80's, last told.

Hope they're okay.

Badassadam's another one who left suddenly. But he gave some indication he was thinking of leaving so it wasn't a complete surprise.

Another one who hasn't posted in awhile is RPackham. Hope he's alright too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2017 03:25PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 03:13PM

My health has been going downhill for a while, mostly due to age, but I have asked my computer-savvy daughter to use my computer to post my farewell to this group (and told her how to do it) when my time comes.

I haven't written out everything I want to say, but I've been with this community for a long time, and feel pretty close to several members in particular.

Maybe those of us who are getting along in years or in less than optimum health could leave written "goodbyes" and have a trusted friend or relative post them here, so the rest of the community won't have to wonder. . .

It wouldn't matter, if we weren't the kind of community that CARES. What do you guys think??

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 07:14PM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 09:18AM

I agree, it is.
But I hope, catnip, that it will be a very long time before we see that message :)

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 09:27AM

I still think he and saucie ran off and eloped...

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 10:07AM

+1

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 03:27PM

I like the idea.

I would be touched to think that you or others thought enough of this community to let us know. It would let us know that we mattered. It is nice to have closure about the people we knew - even briefly - from this little corner of their lives.

There are so few people in the world who understand the Mormon culture and the quest that follows from leaving it. It's not a big part of my outside life that I would share with others. This is the one place where I have that in common with many here. It's nice to know others have had similar experiences.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 08:23PM

Posted by: relievedtolearn ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 10:05PM

sniff. I love this group.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 01:16AM

Maybe these veteran posters have changed their handles.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 08:10AM

I would try Postmormon.org, except that it's shut down because it was hacked. Elder Old Dog used to be a moderator there.

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 10:45AM

The same dynamic exists at most active forum sites: people vanish at times. Sometimes they come back. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes you find out why. Sometimes you don't.

I don't mean to minimize it at all. I was actually moved to tears after discovering that a poster at another site had passed away. Funny, someone I'd never met in person, but felt like I knew very well from his online presence. I looked forward to his posts, enjoyed his perspective and sense of humor, and I miss him still.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.