Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonymous48 ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 09:27PM

Not that I'm trying to be (still in the church to keep my family happy. Just wanted a good subject line), but what would it take? Could someone be excommunicated for posting on this site? Could someone be disfellowshipped for sharing the CES letter? What levels of resistance to the church can you be caught doing before there's disiplinary action?

(Yep, I'm the same anon who was asking about city creek. I've just had some burning church questions on my mind)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 09:31PM

What is the question here? You're staying in the church so why do you care what it would take?

Posted by: anonymous48 ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 01:18AM

Sorry to confuse. I meant it as more of a 'clickbait' title. I'm mostly just curious, possobly seeing how hard I should be trying to hide my apostasy

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 10:13PM

I mentioned problematic issues concerning Mormon history with no more than 4 or 5 other members over about an 8 week period of time before the bishop contacted me twice.

The first time was between meetings in the cultural hall to tell me several people had informed him that I had discussed anti-Mormon topics with them. He told me I couldn't discuss anything that wasn't faith promoting with other members and that he would take actions to prevent me from doing so if I continued.

He also said that it was his opinion that the information I had discussed was false anti-Mormon lies. I told him I could document the information using church sources. He then told me he didn't care if they were true,I was not to discuss it. He said the members come to church to have a faith promoting experience and that it was his job to ensure they did. Fair enough, I quit attending but felt if they could silence me I could silence them in my own home.

I told our home teacher he wasn't allowed to teach Mormon dogma to my kids but that he could teach good values such as honesty, service to others, compassion, responsibility etc.. but not dogma specific to Mormonism. Some time later the bishop came to my house and informed me that they were planning to excommunicate me unless I removed my membership first. I moved forward and excommunicated the church first.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 12:22AM

Everything you did was reasonable. And therefore unacceptable.

Reason never had a place in the gospel.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 12:47AM

In some places you can get in trouble for spreading anti- flat earther lies. Those NASA people and their nasty faith eroding rumors.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 10:48PM

If you are a BYU student don't be on this site while on campus!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 12:05AM

Masturbate on the book of morons, on the sacrament, during fart and toot meeting.

You don't (really) have to but maybe you want to. You asked.

M@t

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 03:10AM

It seems to me your board post is attempting to intimidate or frighten. If a worried member doubting read it, it might directly harass them. Just my opinion.

And you know what? Here's my opinion:

My dear darling old friend let a guy live with her after her divorce to her temple married man, wore her garments took her few kids to church used recreational drugs
Except the bishop xyz was an old dr who knew her grandparents owned blocks of town and dad had several thousand acre tractor farmed land. She was neither exed nor had a bishops court.

Another friend in the day temple married the man she was introduced to by her bishop and her husband the bishop introduced her to molested her children...they divorced when he was convicted of a felony child abuse. several years after he went to prison, She lived in another town with her many kids avoided all physical contact but got physical with her high priest fiancé after on the eve before their wedding- told the same bishop xyz in the same ward and town and he held a bishops court excommunicated her.

My lovely sweet friend who helped me raise my babies , keep my house, cook and survive was pressured by priesthood to temple marry into a local family, & her husband priesthood holding elder devolved into a camouflage wearing automatic rifle toting maniac whenever his blood sugar was high. (He was diabetic) where's the inspiration? Later she came out as lesbian happily divorced and her jealous girlfriend forced the end of our relationship.
Like where's the inspiration, really? Mormon priesthood-smeeshthood. Inspiration my ---- they inconvenienced everyone with that one, plus ------- scared everyone with his camp and gun between his insulin injections. I thought he'd hit someone with his myopic squinting eyes thick glasses poor guy. He threatened folks with assault rifles never had a bishops court despite conviction I think he or his dad had priesthood connections.

And a bishopric member in ----- had sex with my best friend in college getting her masters, when she was still in high school after she converted. The ward sent her to Ricks college he resigned his calling, no excommunication or civil prosecution for sex with a minor. (1970s Ca) but they pulled her to bishops court when she returned to Ca finally falling in love with a peer, for having sex with a boyfriend & excommunicated her. For shame the married priesthood man abused a teen anger sexually in their ward, then the wards priesthood leader shamed and blamed the scapegoated woman in her relationship with an individual unmarried male.

My big brother the bishop converted and fellowshipped a convict still on parol from Corcoran prison (you know the one where they keep Charles Manson?) a paroled murderer when he was bishop here. Said "-----he was such a nice guy!" my brother , then bishop , was very upset when he finally read his binder instruction manual. (the church manual binder regulations directed that he could not baptize his convicted newly paroled murderer fellow shipping missionary ward project friend.) My brothers eyes welled up and filled with tears behind his bottle top glasses when talking to me about him ; so great was his regret he couldn't baptize him. Big bro bishop felt bad he couldnt communicate temple blessings and priesthood on this prize soul he established bonded with over dinners.

When two priesthood holders I grew up with, one whom my bishop vouched safe and took me to the prom since my saluitorian boyfriend just learning to drink died after a graduation party...and a younger elder in my home ward suddenly went missing. We'd never see them again. No one would answer their phone it was just an answering machine. And they'd been inseparable. Bishop introduced me sent me on car rides car trips the prom with this elder dancing under glittery disco ball listening to the star spangled banner together my Mormon buddy in in band at foot ball games-Son of a bishop. Turned out they both went to prison on multiple unspeakable felonies. But they were so friendly. Priesthood holders. they wore garments bishop told him to take care of me and watch my new boyfriend (i.e. 35 year husband) both gone away to prison for a loooong time missing church with out acknowledgement still listed on the ward directory, guessing they'd not excommunicate them to avoid political ramifications among parents past branch presidents and land owning farmers, besides there was the --- repair business everyone frequented they owned together to be considered, so hasty exit to prison excommunication for who was that? What? Well I dont know. Uh where'd they go...turn to another farmer standing by his father :" uh have you seen ----. " "what ? Pues me no eh what's that I can't hear deaf uh I need a hearing aide oh ---- no hablo Engles, hermana. What Que que? "Men in suits stare suddenly in unison at the grape vines rows of grape vines extended past the end of the grey asphalt parking lot under the hazy dust stirred up as another sabbath breaker tractor drove by its steel ploughing furrowed up flurries of grit in our teeth dust blew in our face tractor exhaust "no seo Herman a nada "

Jeeezus how much does it take to add up that these people are not holy, they are not holiness.

This is how the church works
This is how the Mormon church works actually
This is how the Mormon church treats women
This is the Mormon church in real life
This is the injustice of modern Mormonism against women
This is true I'd witness in court

This isn't one Mormon bishop they're various using filthy posturing abusing liars- using their authority unjustly intimidating, and actually engaging in abusive conduct weekly following their church authorized bishops manual. We should sue the entire corporation until they change the language in their instructions to bishops. Well definitely all bishops offices need to have glass doors and there needs to be a witness at all times. Children need to be safe again.

And while we're on the topic, Mormons get threatened with bishops courts for seeking children's protective services when local priesthood abuses children, in --////------- (removed the town at my husbands request to spare a friend more pain in case it called in real life attention to them). a released felon returning from his second prison term for child abuse, child abuser was placed in primary teaching alone with a group of children called by a bishop, despite the aggrieved protests of his adult children and extended family. The bishop gave the 2 prison term child abuse felon his membership and priesthood temple blessings back, then the same bishop called him to teach elementary school age primary children alone in a little primary classroom with them. Where he again abused more children sexually had to return to prison. The felon called to teach primary's bishop should have been prosecuted for child endangerment charges and member parents should have sued the church organization. Mormon bishops utilize threats of bishops courts in the past to intimidate temple card carrying members from pressing charges and protecting their children after priesthood infractions of the criminal code against their children.

Mormon bishops didn't break my faith they taught me that the Mormon church was not a safe place for children. Mormon bishops decisions made me rightfully anxious -allowing my daughters in primary with no state certificate of clearance on primary teachers, because it was demonstrated to me when a Ca bishop ignored prison convictions evidence and made children unsafe in the Mormon church.

In addition, the Mormon church bishops abuse children weekly 12 year olds even merry misses alone in their office asking quizzing direct questions about sex and their bodies absolute child abuse in bishops worthiness interviews behind closed doors alone with minor children ..... absolutely unjust outrageous and deserves prosecution from children's protective services. It's often as filthy as the abuse of trust by catholic priests who are pediphiles/ you shouldn't talk to any of them or allow your minor child alone with them. Their abuses of authority are absolutely disgusting & cause documented cases children's depression repeatedly.

Mormon bishops sexually explicit questioning in individual night time primary and young women's bishops interviews with minor girls demonstrated clear evidence that the Mormon church was not a safe place for children whose parents are too cowed and intimidated to stand up for them and insist on their rights to safety. Further shockingly private interviewing of minors alone with inactive or non member parents literally no one to stand up for them, represent & protect their interests, no consent form for counseling interviewing children alone, even of non members or inactives. This is indefensible it's not acceptable.

To comprehend past abuse by Mormon bishops Do you require a professionals definition of sexual harassment and sexual abuse of a minor child to spell out the abuse in bishops interviews alone?
And you worry that stupid bishops who do these things, in abuse already of others, might , excommunicate , you? Really?

& by the way, if your trust fund is big enough, locally known, and family owns enough of town I dont think there's a sin you can commit publically, blatantly and get excommunicated

so you analyze your circumstances and decide if they'd care we can't do that for you. Some folks write whole books about the church's past ...not a board post...and if they're related to the right people, we all call it history. Historic writing. Family history. They give banquets in relief society or announce them at ward Christmas dinners. Others write one line in opposition and get excommunicated.

That is how the Mormon church works.
This is how the Mormon church works actually.
This is how the Mormon church treats people.
This is the Mormon church in real life.
This is what I have seen in California.

Now a days to me it's obvious. Once when I believed I was incredulous. How could gods anointed do such injustice

these people are not trustworthy I am never going back, I wouldn't go back for a million dollars. It's an unsafe place

Edited 18 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2017 06:51AM by paintinginthewin.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 07:12AM

In some wards it would be almost impossible to be exed. In other wards the "leadership" is out for blood. Exing is unlikely if the bish and SP like a person who is well respected in the community and is a prosperous tithe payer.

I knew a widow lady who was shacked up with her gigolo and the locals did nothing about it because she had been a RP and she paid substantial tithes. The man pretended he might someday be baptized as he drained this lady's bank account and had other women on the side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2017 11:28AM by Cheryl.

Posted by: yeppers ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 09:25AM

Yep, it really depends on the bishop and if you make trouble for the local ward.

If enough people in your ward know of your doings, that can be troublesome as well and the bishop can ex you to set an example... even though he might otherwise choose not to.

My advice... resign, do not get ex'd.

If you are excommunicated, it looks very bad if someone brings that up in court to judge your character as a defendant, plaintiff, or witness.

If you get noticed (talked to by the bishop), then resign immediately. Don't wait.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 11:21AM

Telling your bishop you think the doctrine a fraud, that the GA's are gangsters and that you're refusing any future callings and quitting paying tithing should do it.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 03:09PM

There are some bishops who are truly nice guys and would never ex anyone for anything.

To get excommunicated quickly you should find a bishop or stake president who is truly a sanctimonious prig. Get instilled as a teacher at any level and preach the truth about Mormonism. Teach that Joseph Smith was an adulterer. Teach that the church is stealing their money and giving no accounting of where their tithing and donation goes. Teach that forced volunteer cleaning of toilets and chapels is abuse. If you get released as a teacher for these things but no discipline follows then go to classes and speak out on the truths of Mormonism and they will have to kick you out or lose most of their members. Hang out information on bulletin boards so members can find websites that have historical truth about Mormonism. I think those behaviors will get you excommunicated pretty darn quick. And if you choose to attend your "court of love" tell all the good priesthood on the court that they are led by Satan and will burn in the underworld. That should do it.

Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 08:28AM

Any private conversation with most bishops won't likely result in excommunication because you aren't making his life more "difficult." However, if you tell the same thing to his wife, you could be excommunicated forthwith.

Now you are becoming toxic to other members. If Sister Bishop's testimony is shaken, she may demand some action from Brother Bishop.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 04:22PM

Streak across the podium during Sacrament meeting, laughing like a hyena.

If you don't get excommunicated you will surely be committed!

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 04:57PM

More or less in order of the church's view of severity

1. Declare yourself prophet
2. Steal tithing funds
3. Commit adultery (if Melchizedek priesthood holder or endowed)
4. Start your own church (or join another) and try to convert your fellow Mormons
5. Commit a serious felony, especially if there is news coverage
6. Publicly denounce the leaders of the church as frauds
7. Have gay sex
8. Live "the principle"
9. Officiate a gay wedding in an LDS chapel (extra points for a temple)
10. Teach "false doctrine" (which could be almost anything) and refuse to stop when instructed to do so

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 08:45AM

Depends on the bishop, to be honest.

Posted by: op47 ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 04:58PM

Try going to the vicar (or whatever the correct technical term) and say everything he says is not strictly accurate and that he should take a long walk on a short pier. That should do it.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 08:37PM

Tell the truth and keep telling it. They can't handle the truth.

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 10:37PM

This is what it took for me to be excommunicated:

http://www.mormonthink.com/personalstories/bruce-holt.htm

Leadership roulette was in my favor. Your mileage may vary.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 11:23PM

Impregnating the stake president's daughter. And wife.

;)

Date: June 21, 2017 01:36AM

That was great Bruce. You explained yourself well and gave them some things to let their brains simmer on. You essentially bore your testimony that Joseph Smith was a fraud. You should have ended "in the name of cheese and rice, amen. you may have got one or more to say amen.

You got off lucky - for denying the truthfulness of the great profit Joseph Smith they could have bound your tongue so you couldn't speak as Alma did to Korihor.

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 04:00PM

They could have tried, anyway...

*grin*

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 01:49PM

The RS President on the the sacrament table.

Date: June 21, 2017 10:09PM

Bite Me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The RS President on the the sacrament table.

Joseph Smith thought of that first.

Posted by: Forestpal (not logged in) ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 01:58PM

Evidently, you wouldn't have to do anything drastic or "sinful." Mormon good-old-boys-clubbers seem to be OK with men cheating on their wives. They're fine with polygamy, if it isn't publicly seen. Child molestation? Read "Paintinginthewin's post. My little girl was molested at a ward campout, by the bishop's high school senior--creepy and ugly--son. A lot of kids witnessed it, when my daughter screamed, but the bishop threatened them not to tell, and even my daughter didn't tell me, until the day we resigned from the cult.

It would be rewarding to teach the TRUTH in a Sunday school class, and to have interesting class discussions. I did that, but was not excommunicated. I was just "offered another calling." I played Beatle's songs on the organ, and "In the Garden of Eden", but no one listens to the postludes, anyway, as people are shoved out of the chapel before they can talk to each other.

You are free labor, so the cult wants to hang onto you. You are also a number, and Mormons are number-conscious. If you have children, they are future free labor.

Most important in the Mormon cult is MONEY! So--simply refuse to pay them money! This is not a sin. Tell them you are donating directly to charities like the Red Cross, or American Cancer Society, or March of Dimes, etc. They will not like you, if you don't pay tithing. Tell them you never will, again.

They didn't excommunicate me, because they needed an organist. Mormon men came to my house, un-anounced, in groups of two or three, beating on my door, late at night. The men I did let into my house maligned me in front of my children, and threatened me with God's wrath, illness, financial failure, failure of my children. My own children asked the men to leave--on two separate occasions. We were going to just walk away, like people do in other religions, but the Mormons harassed us to the point that we had to resign, to make it stop. They did stop, but they now shun us. Ten years later, our happiness and success has dispelled the threats. I just ran into one of the men who broke into our house and pulled my sons out of bed, and kicked and shoved him out the door and into his van for church. The thug looked past me, like I wasn't there, like I was a lesser being than him.

The truth is, the cult needs you more than you need the cult. Don't worry, you won't be excommunicated. You can continue with your double life, and pray that your children aren't too badly damaged by the cult.

Staying in the cult does NOT "make your family happy." Just the opposite is true.

Nothing--not the shunning, harassment, gossip and lies, threats--nothing was as bad as the way we were treated when we were members of that cult. Leaving was a piece of cake, compared to the Mormon abuse my children and I suffered.

If you want to leave, then resign, and I wish you all the happiness in the world! However, you need to rescue your children and your wife. Don't leave them alone to deal with the Mormons, without you.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 01:36AM

Put (liquid) lsd-25 (drops) on the bread and everclear in the water cups.

That ought to do it. If it doesn't, let me know. I'm sure I could pull other rights out of my hat/ass.

Posted by: MTfounder ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 01:22PM

Design, contribute or support a pro-truth website about the church that tells the complete truth about the church, make sure you include sources both favorable and critical of the church.

Worked for me.

http://www.mormonthink.com/personalstories/resignation_letter.htm

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 04:27PM

I will excommunicate you for free, and without needless prayers or hassle. Don Bagley will notarize it, and Bob's yer uncle. Wire Paladin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2017 04:27PM by cludgie.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 09:50AM

"(Yep, I'm the same anon who was asking about city creek. I've just had some burning church questions on my mind)"

Try burning a (lds) church, or temple [your suggestion provokes thought]. That might do it.

Posted by: allie70 ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 06:27PM

Moved and left no forwarding address. Changed phone numbers. Convinced my husband (who was in the early stages of dementia) there was no LDS church in our new location. Pretty soon he stopped asking about it. Any regrets? None whatsoever. First time in 50yrs I've been out of the cult. Breathing free. All of our grown children have moved to this area also. All of them left the church long before I had the guts to do so. Breathing free.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 06:43PM

First of all, you need to be a mormon. Have a sp and bishop that has it out for you, then have illicit sex. If that doesn't work, just quit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.