Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: turbo ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 02:26PM

Another wave of anger. I hoped these would go away! The leaked document about tithing in Africa sparked a nerve! Years we sacrificed basic needs (food, medical, etc) for our family to faithfully pay tithing resulting in major ongoing health issues. Also mental issues from fear of financial ruin and emotional trama from the continual messages of 'Never Good Enough."

I want my health back, my money back, I want years of my life back and all that time and health I could have spent with my kids and spouse back! I want career prospects back too.

I am thankful we are out. I hope my children will never have to deal with anything like this. I am thankful we left as a family. I hate how this religion acts as both the abuser and then victim. I hate the emotional abuse they encourage our friends and family to impose on us due to our decision. I am mad, are you certain we cannot sue???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 08:55PM

Hi Turbo,

Can we sue?

I was once part owner in an auto dealership, and a cute-as-a-bug little old fellow convinced our salesman that he was so honest and upstanding that he should test drive a car by himself.

Long story short, we were insured against theft but not against "Deceit and Trickery." That's where we are with TSCC. It was deceit and trickery. I hope I'm wrong. I hope that someone will ultimately legally prevail against them.

I just look at the money I shelled out to TSCC as a student loan. Those long, boring, shyster seminars brought me here to RfM. Was that worth it? For me, yes.

I'm happy you got your whole family outta that evil mess.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 09:24PM

I lost my childhood, so I know what you mean. The Mormons were right about one thing: there's a lot of evil in the world. They should know, seeing as they're part of it. They are more lawyered up than the President's cabinet. I don't think there's any chance other than protest and the spread of real information, which they fear. They are not immortal. Thanks for posting, turbo. I say we continue to resist. Water wears down stone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2017 09:24PM by donbagley.

Posted by: uplove ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 10:52PM

The anger comes and goes, but it does get better. It was explained to me that the baggage (difficult emotions, anger, grief) is like a pie of different types. I keep going in and get a spoonful of anger, a spoonful of sorrow, a spoonful of regret,and eventually there's not a lot of pie left.

Most of my pie is gone, but every now and then I'm surprised to find a bit more pie.

But, hey, Turbo. I'm with you. Theft by deception is theft by deception. It applies to bad checks to cover sellers who accept checks, and it's almost hilarious that churches need get-out-of-jail-free-religious cards, and use them with every penny they accept. Seems like "people of god" would trip all over themselves to make whole the people who feel swindled.

But, nope. They play their religious card, and keep on swindling. That should answer anyone's questions as to whether the Q "really believe." Anyone who would say, "Thanks, sucker, don't let the door hit you..." cannot possibly believe in a righteous or just god.

TBM lurkers: you might want to read that until it sinks in.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 19, 2017 11:41PM

I think there are enough exmos for a class action lawsuit. I'd even chip in.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 01:33AM

I know we could sue but the USA is so church/religion friendly we'd look like idiots doing it.

I'd be happy if we could at least get TSCC's tax exempt status revoked. With all the money invested in the many churches of the USA we'd be clobbered financially trying. Religion in the USA seems to have better lobbying than even the big corporations. Freedom of religion in our constitution has been the sacred cow that cannot be challenged. Freedom of religion is one thing but freedom to rob, steal, enslave, fleece, etc. in the name of God is another matter. Who will take this on?

Posted by: turbo ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 09:20AM

Thank you for the comments and support, the anger hits hard sometimes and I greatly appreciate your thoughts.

This church is now going after the poorest of the poor in Africa, knowing in what ways we suffer(ed) and their circumstances being monumentally harsher, it is appalling.

And yes, I think deceit, abuse, misrepresentation, extortion, slaunder and harassment, etc should be held accountable by law.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 09:37AM

Turbo, I'm so glad for you that you and your family are out. Most of our little family is out, except for our oldest daughter and her husband. The church is the perfect example of the words deceit, sneakiness, gas lighting, and snake oil. I've had a bone to pick with them ever since I found out what the church did to my grandparents. I wish we could sue the church for everything possible. Of all of the things that they have stolen, self-esteem has to be one of the worst, IMO.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 09:41AM

Yeah, we get it.

And when TBMs ask me why I "can't leave the church alone," I point to things like you mentioned.

The cult is pressuring some of the world's poorest to give what little they have to build shopping malls and buy up land in Florida, rather than care for their own families, and promising them "blessings" that will never come. How can I, as a human being with empathy, leave that alone? It merits anger. It merits criticism and condemnation.

Anger isn't always a bad thing, you know...

Posted by: relievedtolearn ( )
Date: June 20, 2017 02:16PM

I don't think you could make a case in court; you gave the time and money voluntarily.

When I took a class about grief after my first husband died, one of the things they told us was that things could trigger "grief-attacks" for years after a significant loss.

I think these occasional waves of anger that get triggered are probably similar. Partly they are literally chemical reactions to the trigger.

I do think that anything we have to grieve and go on, whether it be an abusive childhood or marriage, a friendship betrayed, big loss of any kind---which would certainly include leaving Mormonism in all kinds of ways----

You can't recoup the losses. What you can do is make the rest of your life worth while. It's a journey--not all smiley and roses, but rich and full and ultimately good.

The choice for being true to what you really think and believe is so amazing; what a step on the good journey!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.