Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: txrancher ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 02:04AM

I resigned.

Relief that I have finally gotten to this point. I was content for several years to just let them hope I'd come back, stay on their rolls so they can't count me as a home teaching number, and simply annoy them.

But I'm done. Done with their BS and done letting them count me as a member when I know they are a fraud.

Done before they excommunicate me for some rumors or because they simply want to.

Changed my contact information to JosephSmiths_14_year_old_wives@hotmail.com for laughs. You know, when the clerk sees it.

They had me listed in the the online directory as "Requested no contact" and I appreciate that. Kept the buggers away from me, and I'm glad. I asked it when I left and at least they made note of it.

I went through the whole process of leaving: OK, I'll stop going but don't know what it all means; maybe it's true, I don't know; I'm sure it's not true, but I'm not ready to remove my name; I know it's not true, someday I'll remove my name.

I am finally ready to remove my name...it's a load of BS and I can't deny it. I'm done with their cult and don't want to be associated with it at all. I'm glad this day came.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 03:06AM

Congratulations! It took me a long time to finally resign. I didn't want to hurt my TBM wife and kids.

It felt weird when I mailed the letter off. I was surprised to receive my exit letter 10 days later. Basically, it was--Dear Brother Boner: We received your letter and your name has been removed. If you desire to return, please contact your local leaders. I didn't even get the pamphlet asking me to reconsider!

Now, a couple of years later, my life has been good, nothing bad has happened, and the Morg doesn't contact me. It took about a month after beginning the process to feel really good about it. But, now when someone asks me if I'm LDS, I can look them straight in the eye and say, no. The Boner.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 04:25AM

Well done!

The mormon church likes that little phrase, "name removal." But really they just move names around. Hopefully, it gets you off the ward lists though.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 08:48AM

Stop asking them to remove your name. Just tell them you have resigned. Take back your power.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 08:54AM

Date: June 21, 2017 12:02PM

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 01:22PM

Living... happily hereafter, all the remaining days of our lives.

M@t

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 01:44PM

Haha. Love the new contact information. The line in the sand is drawn.

Good for you for getting to this point.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 02:21PM

Congrats! It took me some time (years in fact,) of doing that back and forth, sure then unsure etc., before getting to the stage you just arrived at.

Once you accept it for what it is, agreed, there is no going back.

Posted by: Warren Jeffs in Texas ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 02:50PM

Date: June 21, 2017 11:01PM

LOL!

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 09:23AM

I prefer the phrase LOM (laugh out moderately) or LOSLTL (laugh out slightly less than loudly) as LOL can be a very grievous violation of a sacred covenant if the decibel levels of your laughter get out of bounds from what the glorious Brethren tell us is ok. People who LOL remind me of the evil green tea drinkers.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 07:05PM

Sometimes I LOL. I've never had more than a taste of green tea. That was enough Yuck.

Date: June 21, 2017 11:04PM

I was happy and at peace for many, many months before now. But this is reaching a new level of peace. It takes time, and a person needs to be ready, but I'm there now and even more content with myself and who I am. :) Thanks everyone.

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 06:41AM

Very happy for you, txrancher. Congratulations. Wishing you much peace and contentment in your journey. Your friend, edzachery

Posted by: hunnydew ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 11:13PM

if it ain't broke don't fix it. always what I say , for what its worth

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: June 21, 2017 11:46PM

Congratulations. I resigned in2015 and feel 100% better. The anxiety and depression have lifted a lot since I am not in knots trying to please everyone. Still in recovery though. The 36 years of lies, betrayal, deceit and exploitation will take time to heal. Did you know the cult has an entire floor in the church building just for resignations? The cult is lying about their membership numbers. It's not 15m+.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 11:03AM

A whole floor? That is a lot of hires doing that function.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 01:12AM

I resigned over a decade ago, and my whole family (including adult children) has gradually followed me. I never pressured anyone. They left of their own accord.

Welcome - you will find a remarkable community here!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 09:14AM

Congratulations! You did it your way.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 09:19AM

Congratulations!

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 10:47AM

Congrats! You chose wisely.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 06:16PM

I didn't want to jump through their hoops. My TBM daughter pushed me into it, but she didn't realize she was doing it. I was sick of her preaching to me and trying to save me, so after another lecture, I resigned. My boyfriend, who knew me at age 20 when I was extremely devout and we reconnected when I was 48, sent me copies of my e-mails where I said I'd never resign. I was still determined.

I've had nothing but RELIEF. One of the best choices I've ever made. I've never regretted it. It didn't stop my daughter from thinking I'm a sinner, but, oh well. The bishop was very understanding and told me he understood because he had seen some of what I'd been through.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 08:14PM

I resigned to be "official" when I said I was NOT a Mormon. I just felt more honest and forthright by resigning. And I did not like knowing I was still being talked about in church admin meetings. The poor sheep felt it was their duty to stalk and reactivate me. Now they feel obligated to shun me. Oh, well. Sigh.

Date: July 17, 2017 12:26AM

It's been several days since I received notice of acknowledgement that "I'm out." Yeah, I know that as soon as they receive notice, it's official. But the acknowledgement is sweet...knowing that they have to declare I'm no longer a member.

No regrets. In fact, I can't imagine why it has taken so long (about 3-4 years).

Saw a member the other day in the store--first time in several years--he used to be EQP. He looked surprised to see me, but damn if I was happy to see him and say "hello." It's like we are the plague, lol. Like we are going to infect them. Fuck him. He's ten years younger than me and I look 100% better than him (he's probably the best looking member of the ward) despite my non-observance of the WoW. Too bad. And I'm enjoying life.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 08:45AM

It is done! Congrats!

Date: July 17, 2017 10:23AM

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 06:27PM

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 08:19PM

Well done. Welcome to the rest of your authentic life!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 11:18PM

Congrats from an Alberta farmer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.