Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 06:33AM

I've often thought about this.

Since Mormons at large don't really care about the rule of law except when it allows them to complete an assignment for the ward. Or when it allows them to obtain more of some thing.

And since Mormons in general have ethical standards that somewhere between ISIS and the Cosa Nostra. And that Mormon incorporated is absolutley more concerned with image over substance.

What if there were a web site that gave people a place to express how hard they have been screwed buy a Mormon in their dealings?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 07:33AM

The folks at Tips@mormontips.com are collecting stories that could help in their efforts to rid TSCC of its tax-exempt status. That might work for what you have in mind. At this point, I think the contributions are kept confidential.

Sorta related: About 40 ago, our local TV Channel XXX had a great segment where they would read letters from folks who got ripped off by some local business or another. Channel XXX quickly kiboshed that segment when those maligned businesses yanked their sponsorship.

Another station aired a great story about a guy in XXX local hospital who came out of a three-month coma just as his wife told doctors to pull the plug. In the interview, the man said, "I'll never go to XXX Hospital again!" That hospital yanked its advertising with that TV station.

I think what you're suggesting may be difficult if you are naming specific people or businesses. You never know how interrelated these entities can get. The guy who cheated on painting your house may have a brother who cuts your hair. You never know. Then, there's always libel!

Just stuff to think about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2017 07:37AM by kathleen.

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 07:48AM

Perhaps a investgative documentary or show like Leahy Remini's on Scientology. Her show got renewed for another season.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 07:59AM

That would be the very best thing that could happen!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.