Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 01:55PM

Is their webpage considered internet plagiarism?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 01:57PM

That "debunking" was pretty funny.

I liked that he decided that a persons questions about some of the problems are "lies".

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 03:40PM

It reads like a testimony. It doesn't allow comments or questions. I just don't know how you could defend an alleged man of God that was either in jail or on the run. His lack of character ccontinues to nail him as a fraud.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 03:47PM

Even from mormons, I've rarely seen a bigger pack of outright lies.

So dishonest and desperate..."No, no, none of the questions in the CES Letter can be legitimate, because then my belief might be false! So I have to lie to prove them all wrong!!!"

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 05:57PM

Hmmm...hard to choose which of these is more comical, but one that sticks out to me is the section about Alma & Amulek proving that Jesus is separate from god--never mind this was decades before Jesus was supposedly even BORN, but these guys are all Christians and talking about 'Jesus Christ', by name; that's along the lines of the old forger's mistake of mentioning World War One by name in a document supposedly written in the 1920's, almost 20 years *before* World War Two....

Oh, and this guy has 4 points to debunk? What about the *rest* of the 80 pages in the CES letter??

Date: July 17, 2017 06:31PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that's along the lines of the
> old forger's mistake of mentioning World War One
> by name in a document supposedly written in the
> 1920's, almost 20 years *before* World War
> Two....

I'm thinking you meant the first reference to say "World War Two?"
:)

Posted by: yeppers ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 06:53PM

World War One wasn't officially called "One" until there *was* a "Two".

That's the point he was trying to make.

It kinda tripped me up too for a second.

Date: July 17, 2017 07:08PM

Oh, now I get it.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 06:14PM

I don't even need to read this, I already know it's a half a bubble off.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 12:38AM

I concur.

two tacos shy of a combo plate.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 06:41PM

Here is another piece he wrote.

https://happiness-seekers.com/2016/10/17/why-we-didnt-leave-the-lds-church-even-after/

"In the midst of this confusion, Brittney and I prayed and considered the implications. For the first time in many years, we asked with uncertainty: was Joseph Smith really a prophet? Is this really Christ’s Church?"

That's how it starts pretty soon he will be on this message board.

Posted by: CES ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 06:42PM

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 07:10PM

Three of my Mormon friends have posted this on Facebook confirming to themselves that it's anti-literature *eye roll*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2017 07:10PM by hausfrau.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 08:45PM

You're not influential until you have your own bubble.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 09:44PM

Well. Someone is VERY impressed with himself. Now that he has set us all straight on that, perhaps next he will tackle world hunger, terrorism, and whatever is going on in Washington.

I would assume that Dustin is a sophomore in high school judging by the writing. No? Oh dear.

Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 11:06PM

Someday he will post on here and admit he was completely delusional. The authors, and how the BOM was constructed is of little importance to me, rather it is what it actually represents. And that is, of course, complete verifiable fiction.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 17, 2017 11:29PM

I'd like him to De-bunk what happened to Helmuth Huebner or to the Rancher-Baker travelers, their children & property...

What does he have to say about Paul Dunn, Gordon 'I can't tell the truth' Hinckley, or Juanita Brooks?

really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2017 12:17AM by GNPE.

Posted by: nyetmo ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 09:16AM

"Ha! You described that steaming pile of scat as having chunks of carrots in it, when they could possibly be undigested kernels of corn. Therefore, you are lying about it being a steaming pile of scat!"

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 09:54AM

My eyes hurt from "eye rolling". He says: "We've got to provide resources to help". If TSCC were true, an all-powerful god doesn't need your "help". As for polygamy and Joseph Smith being as pure as the driven snow, he said: "A tender husband who is torn between a commandment from the Lord and a desire to cause his wife no pain." Hmmmm...First of all, polygamy was and still is illegal in the United States. I can't picture God winking at JS and telling him to go ahead and break the law. Oh wait! I forgot....God is a polygamist himself! I guess JS was considerate of Emma since he tried to sneak around, quietly behind her back. As for the accounts of the First Vision: "What would be really weird is if he robotically gave the exact same, seemingly rehearsed account every time he was asked." Yeah, that's called " telling the truth, and nothing but", sweetheart.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 11:44AM

Haha...yup I'd guess he was really torn up while having Fanny in the barn three years before he came up with his Pete Jake and John story..I'm also certain he was torn up when Fanny turned up pregnant and he let Emma run her off...or when Emma took the broom to Eliza...girls girls girls...please no fighting...there's lots of me to go around...Id guess he was all torn up over the Lawrence sisters inheritance...poor joe so much torn up"...just struggling to keep Emma and gawd both happy and still keep both mitts full of cake

Posted by: 2 busy 2 log in ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 12:30PM

These bobbleheads have drawn our attention before.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1981523

Posted by: yeppers ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 12:56PM

In that article, he is right about one thing...

Most people that leave the LDS church turn atheist.

Why?

When you are fooled so deeply, how could you possibly believe in anything else? You start to question not only Mormonism, but Jesus and God himself.

However, being atheist for some people is just as difficult as being a minority, and just as stressful.

I've seen posts on this website of people fearing "coming out" as an atheist.

Also, if you still want to believe, then you must learn to unwind all the decades of Mormon teachings to reconcile with mainstream Christian teachings.

No matter what path you choose, it is difficult, and damn the church for making it so.

Posted by: txrancher ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 12:46AM

"When you are fooled so deeply, how could you possibly believe in anything else? You start to question not only Mormonism, but Jesus and God himself."

I have to agree.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 09:31PM

The blog writer, along with most Mormons, does not understand the
Christian doctrine of the Trinity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.