Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pathway ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 12:10PM

I've been out of Mormon "right or wrong" war of words with my TBM friends and family for some time now.

I personally had moved on and wasn't really even following the events and conversations anymore. But some events recently dragged me back into it.

I kind of got bombarded the last day or two by several people who shared with me a recently written blog that calls out 5 "lies" of the CES Letter. Was curious to hear what you all think.

Here is the link: https://happiness-seekers.com/2017/07/17/influential-anti-mormon-caught-spreading-lies-about-lds-church/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 12:13PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 04:39PM

Momism doesn't bother to live up to its own claims.

Game Over.

Posted by: Tikbalang ( )
Date: July 18, 2017 06:49PM

It's amusing to me how those people twist and turn their ideas to suit their point of view....to me if we take what horney ole Joe said about the transulation of those gold plates...He put his rock in his hat....put his head in the hat and kept all the light out....then the words would appear in his hat on what was a piece of parchment...he'd read the words to his scribe....they would write it down...they would reads it back and if it was not correct, they would correct it. The words would not leave the hat until they were correct.....so bottom line is there should have never been one single change to the book of Mormon......either that or Joe's god couldn't read Reformed Egyption.....so all the claims about these simple changes are bull shit....there shouldn't have ever been any....or ole joe was just lying ......Didn't joe's god know the difference between the reformed egyption word for white and pure??????

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 10:39AM

They can never reveal these so called "lies".

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 12:12PM

He only attempted to refute 5 of the "lies." The CES letter discusses more than 5.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 12:16PM

"And yet, in an era before birth control, there is no evidence that Joseph Smith ever fathered a child with a woman other than Emma."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_condoms

Posted by: Anon . . ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 11:50AM

No kids makes it even worse, doesn't it? Haven't these TBM's read the BoM? No extra wives or concubines unless it's to have kids! Odd that the BoM has such a harsh condemnation of Joe's own behavior:

Jacob 2:24 Behold, David and Solomon truly had many wives and concubines, which thing was abominable before me, saith the Lord.

27 Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he shall have none;

28 For I, the Lord God, delight in the chastity of women. And whoredoms are an abomination before me; thus saith the Lord of Hosts.

29 Wherefore, this people shall keep my commandments, saith the Lord of Hosts, or cursed be the land for their sakes.

30 For if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up seed unto me, I will command my people; otherwise they shall hearken unto these things.

31 For behold, I, the Lord, have seen the sorrow, and heard the mourning of the daughters of my people in the land of Jerusalem, yea, and in all the lands of my people, because of the wickedness and abominations of their husbands.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 02:40PM

Don't forget D&C 132 itself which puts forth to Joseph Smith the
whole purpose of polygamy:

". . . for they are given unto him to multiply and replenish the
earth, according to my commandment, and to fulfil the promise
which was given by my Father before the foundation of the world,
and for their exaltation in the eternal worlds, that they may
bear the souls of men; . . . "
-D&C 132:63

If Joseph wasn't screwing them, he was disobeying God.

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 01:31PM

years late and more than $1 short

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.