Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: glassrose ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 02:20PM

I just finished a trial today of a Mormon man accused of molesting his oldest and youngest daughters. The jury found him guilty of molestng his older daughter, but deadlocked on his younger.

It was a grueling trial. I'm glad it's over, but I'm feeling kinda sick. He will be going away for a long time. His family is irretrievably broken. We made the correct decision, but I'm heartbroken for the family. :(

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Paintinginnotloggedin ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 02:31PM

way excessively triggering any past wounding, triggering trust issues, triggering horror story sureal galnces on prior idealized community.

Now you have to buy your own rose colored glasses.

s---. um I found mine at optical4less thirty five dollars rose is the red tint one, or pink rose is purple 1 or purple 2 in their color chart. Eight dollars hue, twelve dollars gradient tint.

Enjoy your coffee today. Wiggle you toes stretch it out, look at a rose kick the fallen rose peals dried on the side walk. Get a pair of rose color glasses put them on and choose to see lifes besuty. make it knit it draw it, photograph it sculpt it mold it get yiur pottery wheel on, buy your clay again, paint ceramics.

thank you for rescuing a victim from repeated victimization you been a hero. Now go rescue yourself hey

Posted by: anotheroldie ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 04:52PM

1000X. Yes, thank you.

Paintingin, let me take this moment to tell you how much I always enjoy your posts.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 09:59PM

You helped put one more predator away. BRAVA!!

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 02:36PM

Were any of the jurors mormon? Or the judge?

Date: August 24, 2017 03:36PM

I don't know about the judge. I don't think there were any Mormons on the jury, based on their confusion about Mormon beliefs, etc. I think it was just me who had a history with the church.

Botton line though, his religion didn't enter into the verdict. The man molested his daughters. He could have been Catholic for all it mattered.

I have to say though, his wife's testimony in defending her husband made my skin crawl. Insisting her husband was a good man and her son NEVER lied, while her daughters were all pathological liars. One son, 4 daughters. VERY Molly Mormon. Ugh!

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 03:52PM

Ugh is right! I'm surprised those girls got the courage to accuse their father considering their mother didn't support them? Strong, brave girls!

Posted by: Bang ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 05:33PM

I'm wondering how his religion was even brought up in trial.

Date: August 26, 2017 06:31PM

The defense made it an issue. Even during the jury selection phase, they specifically asked if anyone had an issue with the defendant's religion.

I probably had an opportunity to bow out then and there, but then I remembered that my father, who is one of the best men I know, is also a devout Mormon. I thought that this man deserved my open, objective mind, just as any other person. So I stayed.

We had to find a verdict unanimously, beyond a reasonable doubt, and that's what we did. I was feeling a bit fragile the day of the verdict, but I feel stronger about it now, after much reflection.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 02:41PM

Thank you for doing your part to see justice is done.
I can't imagine the devastation to the family over this kind of charges.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 03:08PM

Well done.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: August 24, 2017 04:10PM

A decade or two ago, my sister, in Utah, had a married son who molested his own daughter, and he is now--still--in prison. (His wife divorced him.)

It takes a low-life scoundrel to do such things. While his wife worked, he played slot-machines.

This sister had nine kids, only one of which went screwy.

As his parents the question was, 'Do you go and visit him in prison, or not'?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 09:54AM

I am sure that the girls are grateful to you for your help. It must have been very hard to have to listen to their testimony.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 10:27AM

Years ago I burned out in treatment seeing situations like the one you described. Mormons don't have any monopoly on this obscene horror, but it is multi-generational in the cultural and the secrecy and enabling is nearly as pathological as the problem.

Posted by: shapeshifter ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 05:31PM

Exactly!

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 10:41AM

Can you imagine how that "mother" is going to make those girls pay for the next many decades?

Despicable.

Posted by: GoldRos ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 11:31AM

I don't know if this is just a rumor, but I've heard that LDS judges, policemen and etc. take oath that they'll always protect their church and its best interest. Is it true? I recently watched a video about LDS molestation GA case and they talked about it there.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 06:07PM

If they have been endowed in the temple, then they took the following oath:

"You and each of you covenant before God, angels and these witnesses at this altar that you will observe and keep the Law of Consecration as contained in this the book of Doctrine and Covenants. It is that you do consecrate yourselves, your time, talents and everything with which the Lord has blessed you or with which he may bless you, to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, for the building up of the Kingdom of God on the earth and for the establishment of Zion. Each of you bow your heads and say yes."

Posted by: goldrose ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 10:25PM

Okay. Well I thought that every policeman has to go through some super awesome oath with the Bishop or whatever, where they swear that if they see a GA molesting a child, they'll protect the GA cause the lord told him so.

Posted by: jstone ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 11:39AM

You did your duty and how hard your duty must of been. Not everything in life is pleasant. The trail is now resolved for you and you've helped bring some real justice. You are not responsible for the actions of the defendant. I'll wager this will take some time to fade after untold days of giving it close scrutiny, but it will fade though not be forgotten. You'll be thinking about it off and on for weeks to come - which is natural but we all have a resilience to move on. Well done and someone had to do it. Hugs.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 04:59PM

What a grueling ordeal...sadly it can be generational...one case I'm aware of went back seven generations where they stopped looking...the lowlife I'm acquainted with did a couple years but didn't learn a thing...he was sitting with his parole officer when a young girl walked by...his comment...I'd go to jail for that...they say it's untreatable...so the sins of brother Curtis will go on forever it seems...I won't say what treatment I would recommend...but it would dam sure stop it

Posted by: shapeshifter ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 05:35PM

Sorry you had to go through that but I am happy to hear about the verdict. I am sure it will ultimately be what's best for the family, although it sounds like those girls need rescuing from their mother as well. How awful that she testified against them and in favor of the perp!! Of course she's in denial and Mormonism certainly helps people with staying in denial! And of course the girls aren't as important as the boy. And now if she can even bring herself to admit that justice was done she'll think of her girls as 'defiled' and not being 'chaste' even though it wasn't their fault, somehow they are now tainted by horrible sin. Would that attitude was exclusive to Mormonism or religions in general but society at large still tends to see the female victims of incest and rape as dirty and somehow responsible. Nasty business and I think if not more common in Mormonism, it is certainly more often protective of child predators.

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 08:57PM

Just following the leader, JS, who was the founder of 'bring em young'. (sic)

Pedophiles are wired differently, and cannot be rehabilitated.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: August 25, 2017 10:05PM

Jesus mary and joseph this kind of stuff doesnt surprise me. Ive always noticed that some of the men in the church talk very creepily and very strangely towards children and its always made me feel uneasy.

Date: August 26, 2017 06:24PM

This.^

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: August 27, 2017 10:01AM

I was in a nonmormon church once, and an elderly church leader greeted a rather attractive 16 year old with "are you waiting for Tyler" (her boyfriend), "or are you waiting for me?"

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: August 27, 2017 02:46AM

The father and mother should be executed immediately.

But we don't really care that much. Probably let the animals out in a few months and more kids will be abused.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.