Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sue ( )
Date: September 06, 2017 02:23PM

CHECK OUT THE PROGRAM! -- THE LAST EXMORMON FOUNDATION CONFERENCE -- OCT. 20-22, 2017

We have booked a great roster of speakers. Check out their full bios on our Conference page: http://exmormonfoundation.org/conference2017.html You will hear from:

WILL BAGLEY -- Independent Historian, and well-known and popular writer. Winner of many awards for a great variety of published works.
SIMON SOUTHERTON -- Simon holds a PhD from the University of Sydney in plant science, and is the pprincipal research scientist with CSIRO, Australia's Nation Research Organization. He is the author of "Losing a Lost Tribe - Native Americans, DNA, and The Book of Mormon.".
KATHLEEN KIMBALL MELONAKOS -- Kathleen is a retired RN and holds a master's degree in liberal arts and philosophy from Stanford University. In the 1990's the world's largest medical publisher, W.B. Saunders, published her "Pocket Reference Guide for Nurses", the first book of its type at that time. She has researched Mormon history for years, and has recently published "Evidence of Early Mormon Counterfeiting 1800-1847"
D PAWL -- D.Pawl is an award-winning technology entrepreneur and patent holding inventor. He is the author of a new book, "Stolen Treasures", in which he uncovers some groundbreaking new research on a theory about the origination of Mormonism and the Book of Mormon.
PETER & MARY DANZIG -- Well-known folk musicians, and winner of many awards. Having them on the program is always a delightful experience.

After dinner on Saturday night, we will hear several "short talks" by some of our favorite people in the ExMormon community, sharing personal experiences.

Go here to register (do it soon so our registration person doesn't get slammed the week before!) http://exmormonfoundation.org/conference2017.html OUR BLOCK OF ROOMS FOR THE HOTEL WILL BE PULLED ON 9/28! After that, I "may" be able to get you a room, but it will depend on availabiity at that time. No payment will be collected until you check out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pooptimus Prime ( )
Date: September 06, 2017 05:24PM

From the description of the Sunday 'service', I want to go on the record now as volunteering to help pass the Sacrament. There are many of you down whose blouses I want to look.

You know BYU Boner is up near the top of my wish list!!!

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:09PM

gawd it sounds like a great conference
those are great speakers

Date: September 13, 2017 01:16PM

Well......come join us! :-)

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 01:59PM

I have attended this conference twice. Fantastic both times.

I am a critical support person for an event on those dates.

Otherwise I would be going for one purpose and that is so that I could shake Simon Southerton's hand in person. Everything else at the conference would be very good gravy.

His book imprinted on my brain forever, the depth and breadth of how incredibly damning DNA evidence is against the BOM.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 02:57PM

Would so love to attend to hear these great speakers and to meet some RfMers but, alas, I've been moved to the St George area :( Prior to my move, I was prepared to ask SLCabbie for a fare quote from where I was living in W. Jordan to the conference and back.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 13, 2017 10:45PM

Feel free to drop me a line, sl_cabbie@yahoo.com, however. I'm trying to plan a trip to St. George next April or May to re-visit the MMM site (I was there as a teenager and nobody was talking about it back in the early 70's).

I'd love to hook up; I have another old friend who's an "ex-Mormon in spirit" (hasn't left for family reasons) whom I want to touch bases with as well...

Plus I got a line on no less than John D. Lee's old fishing hole...

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: September 14, 2017 11:26PM

Why does this one have to be the last one? I am new here. Ex-mos aren't going anywhere! I hope anyway.

Date: September 15, 2017 01:52AM

I'm sorry that you have missed attending. A VERY small group of people have been putting on these Conferences for 17 years now, and we are somewhat burned out and feeling the need to move a little farther away from Mormonism. Also, big factor: We were the only game in town when we started all this, and now there are hundreds of small/large/geographic specific groups in the U.S. and all around the world. A lot of people getting together, which wasn't happening 17-18 years ago.

The Foundation will stay as organized for some time, just don't know what the future is re it. If anyone else wants to start an organization and hold conferences, I would be happy to tutor them. Thanks for asking. -- Sue E.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 15, 2017 11:51AM

Will this conference be live streamed?

Date: September 23, 2017 07:02PM

Yes, we will post the link before we start on Fri. evening. Posted here for sure, and several other FB pages, etc.

Posted by: Particles of Faith ( )
Date: September 23, 2017 08:17PM

Wish I could come to one of these. I would love to meet Simon Southerton. Even though I was inactive for years it was his and Grant Palmer's books that generated a nidus of thought that eventually led to resignation.

Date: September 24, 2017 07:15PM

I wish you could come also. Where do you live?

Date: September 24, 2017 10:48PM

Peoria, Illinois

Date: September 25, 2017 02:25AM

Not exactly a quick bike ride away! Do you have an exmo group anywhere around there that you can participate in?

Date: September 25, 2017 11:08AM

I don't think so...fortunately there aren't that many Mormons here either. Never have been tracted out in my 5 years here.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: September 25, 2017 11:52AM

Hoping to attend.

Date: September 25, 2017 04:24PM

I hope you can make it. -- Sue

Date: September 29, 2017 10:14PM

Thanks, Sue. We're registered, with hotel and airline reservations.

Date: September 30, 2017 04:03AM

Great! Did you do that just today? Not really important, but I just took a look at the counts late today, so just wondering, since I don't know your names!

Date: September 30, 2017 09:56AM

Yesterday.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.