Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 01:34PM

Muslims blow up buildings and kill people if you parody their Prophet or Holy Book.
Mormons take out a two page add in the middle of every playbook around the world abd applaud as a mockery of their faith receives 9 Tony Awards.
Neither one is a race so it is by definition, not racistbto criticize Islam for Islamic extremism, just as it is not racist to criticize Mormonism for being racist, homophobic, and misogynist.
Islam is a farcgreater threat than Mormonism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 02:54PM

I would not have restarted the thread. In the previous two, it was Bona Dea and Anybody against everyone else. It gets old to hear them rehash their fallacies. Basically it was always this:

No True Scotsman: the terrorists aren't the real muslims! The real muslims don't follow the Koran!
Straw Man: You guys say that *something we didn't say at all* but that is not true!
Slippery Slope: If you criticize the execution of gays by Islamic State, muslim women in our country will no longer be allowed to pick up their kids after school!
Red Herring: There are places in America that don't have a gay pride!
Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc: It's because of critics like you that a little boy had his clock taken away!
And then all the Ad Hominem attacks inbetween...

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 03:11PM

Great summary ----- thanks!!!!

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 03:14PM

Hey Anybody,

That lady wearing the hijab picking her up kids up from school – is my friend. And she's got the full body thing going. I helped her husband at no charge get the dealership to exchange his new van because he wasn't happy with how it was running.

She's not scary. But when her five-year-old is looking at me saying "I believe in Allah" – that's sad.

So, keep trying to make it something it's not.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 04:46PM

What I find most frustrating in observing these discussions is that it seems so difficult for some obviously intelligent people, who can easily detect the problems in one religion and/or some of its adherents, to see equal or greater problems in another religion and/or some of its adherents.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 05:53PM by lurking in.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 05:22PM

I can't find any paper identifying the person in the 'acid spraying' incident. However, it says the person suffered from the same herself.

These 'acid spraying' incidents are increasing across Europe.

Is this a gift from our 'peace loving refugees'?? I never heard of 'acid spraying' an issue before in Europe.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/young-american-women-attacked-in-france-with-acid-as-similar-attacks-increase-across-europe

Posted by: Maude ( )
Date: September 18, 2017 09:10PM

When a topic has been "asked and answered" several times in a short period of time and/or is overtaking the main theme here which is helping people answer questions about Mormonism and deal with being an exmo, or a prospective one, then we sometimes ask for a temporary shutdown and return to more Mormon-specific discussions. Which is what we are doing with this topic for now.

Another reason to either delete a thread or close it early is if it gets too deeply into partisan politics. While politics are now being allowed at RfM (temporary experiment) too much discussion of specific partisan points and positions easily causes bad feelings between posters, is difficult and time-consuming to mod and also tends to drown out the main topic that RfM is dedicated to.

Thanks for continuing to assist us by following our rules and guidelines. The objectives, as always, are to help those seeking specific answers about Mormonism and to share lives as ex-Mormons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 09:11PM by Maude.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.