Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Brad Eckert ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 07:33PM

The pig always gets uglier?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 07:58PM

Wrong shade...

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 08:09PM

Goddess bless you, cutekitty. I really like what you've done with yourself, coming so far so fast and holding it together. Atagirl.

Date: September 30, 2017 08:58PM

I have always liked your comments, Baby. So, unless you are being facetious in your post to me, I am sorry I have fooled you into your thinking of me.

I fall apart at the end of everyday. When my daily travels are over, I lock the door, and lose it. I fake a life everyday. I feel like a mindless robot going thru the motions of work everyday. I get home, turn on music, RfM and read something every night that is time consuming, Stay up late, get up late, Is this living?

Not what I am used to. It is all new. There is no feeling in my life. I don't get regular hugs and human contact.

I can hardly wait to go to the meeting, held only once a month here, for atheists and freethinkers. It is the 3rd sunday. It is a start on some like minded individuals who I can learn from. I am an empty sponge waiting to believe in something REAL!

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 12:01AM

Cutekitty, do you have a pet?

I was living alone, when I first left the cult, and it was a time to calm down, to think, to heal. I could concentrate on who I wanted to become, what I wanted my life to be, what I chose to believe. I love learning, so I took a philosophy class at the U, and some online science classes. I read, in the quiet evenings.

Just be sure to go outside every day, in any kind of weather. Just sit on your porch, if you can't exercise. Still, try to move around more, every day--even if all you can do is wave your arms in the air, and take deep breaths.

You will find greater happiness than you ever dreamed of! Now that you know the CK and all that temple stuff is made-up, Heaven is yours!

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 12:09PM

Hi kitty,

I meant what I said. You are doing well, under the cirmumstances. When the scam is unmasked and the life you thought was the ultimate truth turns out to be lies, lies and more lies, it's almost unbearable. And in the middle of all this, your friends abandon you. Mormon friends - who knew?

It will get better. It always does, this recovery thing. I'm glad you're getting out to meet people. It might also help to get out in nature and meet yourself. I think all the really important answers in life are inside you. You could try meditation or yoga. There really is something to the breath. Just sit still and observe your breathing. There's some connection to being.

((((((Hugs))))))

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: September 30, 2017 08:16PM

Let's put lip gloss on the pig instead. It could make a difference...

Posted by: AfraidOfMormons ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 12:03AM

It never was a pig, in the first place--it was a curelom.

Posted by: LoveChild - NLI ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 11:02AM

The idea is to continue applying more and more and more layers of lipstick. Eventually (it is to be hoped) the pig will simply disappear behind a big, bright, shiny wall of beautiful lipstick.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 11:54AM

LoveChild - NLI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The idea is to continue applying more and more and
> more layers of lipstick. Eventually (it is to be
> hoped) the pig will simply disappear behind a big,
> bright, shiny wall of beautiful lipstick.

Microsoft's Windows 10!!!

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: October 01, 2017 03:18PM

Awww cute kitty...I hear ya...most here hear ya...you might be surprised how many live lives of quiet desperation...we all put on a happy face to get through a day then collapse in a tired heap when it's over...that's normal for more than we know...cept old dog...I heard saucie goes hrough a gallon of salt Peter a month...or it could just be an anti lamanite rumor...jk old dog...but you already knew that...the hardest part of being alone is realizing your in great company...and you matter

Date: October 03, 2017 05:15AM

Thank you all for the nice comments. I really soak in all the comments-good and not so nice.

I really wish we could all get together and shut down the morg. How in the world can people embrace so much fake religion?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 12:12PM

Doesn't the pig usually just eat the lipstick?

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 01:47PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Posted by: nolongercounted ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 01:50PM

I always thought beauty was in the eye of the BEER holder!

Date: October 03, 2017 03:26PM

Yes, beer holder. The more beer you drink the better the pig looks! With or without lipstick!!!

Posted by: nolongercounted ( )
Date: October 03, 2017 03:33PM

Remember this saying...”a two at ten, and a ten at two.” Drink up!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.