Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spintobear ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 01:37AM

Wouldn't you know, remains have been found. We just knew the BOM was a true document. Take it for what it's worth LOL

http://sanpetemessenger.com/2017/10/04/historian-hopes-there-is-truth-to-story-of-book-of-mormon-era-artifacts-found-in-manti-cave/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 02:10AM

"Jessop discussed the academic response to the Brewer artifacts, namely that of three professors at BYU and the University of Utah who had considered the case, two had decided it was a complete fraud. The third believed there was a possibility that the cave and the plates were what John Brewer claimed they were.

One “gold” plate from the cave had been tested to reveal its age and metallurgy, and was found to be a very recent creation made of brass similar in chemical composition to the metal found in bullet casings."

Hope springs eternal.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 03:09AM

“I’m a born skeptic myself, so I approach this whole thing with an attitude of ‘Oh, I’m not too sure about that,’” Jessop said. “But the more I studied, the more I saw that, ‘How can you refute it now, when we have actual scientific testing done, what can you say?’ Now, granted, it would help a lot if we could find the cave, if we could find the bodies, and then we’ll know for positive sure. What to say to the skeptics? ‘Do your research.’”

It would help a lot if we could find the cave, if we could find the bodies?

WTF?

But then there is this:
"Jessop cited a meeting between Brewer and LDS general authorities, including Apostle Mark E. Peterson, from which Jessop reported they verified Brewer’s claims and started plans to have the cave excavated by archaeologists working for BYU"
Hell, if Mark E. Peterson says it's real, I'm convinced.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 08:12AM

"archaeologists working for BYU"

Thanx for the laugh.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 04:18AM

The real miracle is that someone named their kid "Utahna."

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 09:14AM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The real miracle is that someone named their kid
> "Utahna."

LOL. Yes. I had trouble reading past that. In fact, when I read the name my brain automatically said, "surely this is parody"; but alas, no, they are being serious.

This is an example of things that get me about exmos who have to deal with living behind the Mo curtain. They are forced to accept things such as people being named "Utahna" as just a simple fact of everyday life.

#sothankfulIdontliveinut

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 08:18AM

"Brewer’s cave is behind the Manti Temple, in an area that Brigham Young proclaimed to have been visited by the Book of Mormon figure Moroni, who dedicated the hill to have a temple on it."

Who dedicated the hill ? Was it Young or was it moroni ?

My English teacher would slap the shit out of the writer of the "article".

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 09:04AM

So desperate to find *anything* to prove their fiction book is real...sad.

Posted by: Fuds not logged in ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 11:14AM

I thought Brewer Plates were for Burgers and fries. I'M CONFUSED.

Posted by: Fuds not logged in ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 11:20AM

Those darn artifact caves just keep disappearing. What is an honest researcher suppose to do these days?

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 11:59AM

We all need something to believe in...even if it's bs..I believe I'll have another beer...beer is real...barley is true...checkmate apostates...almost 200 years and the best we got is slippery treasure slipping deeper into the earth and guarded by unholy ghosts...make that two beers...the pain is worse today...brewers cave...chiasm us...church is true...omg how did I not see this...and laying about the cave were brown bottles of curious workmanship...Jeeves bring that light over here...there's an inscription here...by Jove I believe it says polygamy porter...Rockwell was a polygamist...he liked beer..church is true...get tapir Dan on the bat phone

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 01:22PM

I want those wooden submarines to be found.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.