Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 03:39PM

I want to apologize to all who has seen my rant of attending F&T meeting and going off. Well, I can't wait that long. I put pen to paper and figured it would take too long to sell my stuff and move away. I need too much time. I am so pissed off everyday for being in TSCC I want to scream. More and more evidence of a sham. I will share my letter I am mailing today.

I have revised my out letter several times, from being a bitch to the morg.-letting them know what is what, to trying a more gentle approach. I hope it hits home for someone out there? here goes:

23 August, 2017

To whom it may concern:

Recently our ward was dissolved into 3-4 other wards. I have been greatly offended by the OBVIOUS lack of divine guidance as to where the ward was divided. I was told it is what it is and that is how it is. It is and was a very bad idea to draw a line in the sand and take no one's situation into account. Very ruthless treatment to the members , especially the disabled and elderly.

Speaking for myself, I live less than a mile from the old WR1st building. NOW, I am told I have to drive over 15 miles, one way, to a building to attend my NEW ward. I WILL NOT! I am 3 houses below the new boundary line. So, I am told, If I do not go there, I will not be able to pay tithing or hold a calling. I have been alienated from ALL my friends. They are in other wards. I have no family other than church family and now you have ripped it from my life.

After 40 years of being a member and being told I HAVE to attend my new building, you may remove my name from you roster.
My car is old and I do not and will not drive on the highway.

This is the ONLY church that cares where you attend.

Several elderly in the ward were moved like sheep to other buildings far away as well. The B******, Chris and Barb, have several health issues that were not taken into account dividing up the ward. He has had brain cancer and cannot drive. Barb has health issues as well including her vision. Now she has to drive
15 miles, one way, to a new building. They were less than 5 minutes from the old ward building. Also, the Haney's. They both don't drive really, but she drives when they go anywhere. She has had surgery on both knees and isn't supposed to drive. They now have to drive over 10 miles one way to their new ward. They were less than 5 minutes from the old building.

There are other elderly who live a few blocks from the building who walked to church. Now they are in a ward 15 miles away. NOBODY is going to drive from 15 miles away, into town to pick up folks and return the trip. That is 60 miles for someone and their car. NOBODY is going to do that.

If this is how you are going to treat the elderly then I want out. I can't even get help mowing my front yard!

Winter's are bad around here and I don't see the older folks driving 30+ miles round trip. The other folks I mentioned, they are older than me and live less than 5 minutes from the old building as well. Absolutely NO consideration for the elderly what so ever. Shame on you all!

I resign effective immediately.

Respectfully submitted,
my name
MRN
signature

DONE, DONE, AND DONE SOME MORE!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 01:04AM by cutekitty.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 03:42PM

I'm glad you could get that off your chest. But as far as a reaction goes, I doubt you'll get one. Certainly not one that takes into consideration the elderly. Leadership generally feels that the elderly are a drag on the church and it's resources. It's a shame.

Date: October 06, 2017 03:45PM

Yeah, especially after a lifetime of paying into the morg!!!
I don't get a thing from the church, no food, no help with bills,
hell, I can't even get help mowing my hill in the front yard.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 04:43PM

Even the young arent getting help. Its a one way church. The only people winning are the guys at the top.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 03:47PM

Unfortunately, anyone not 100% on board and compliant is seen by the LDS Church as an angry, whiner who lot the spirit.'
Writing your concerns is therapeutic for you but will fall on deaf ears with the leaders.
Probably best to just drop out, resign and ignore them from here on out.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 04:05PM

Just tell them to go back and re-read the letter. Slowly, and out loud if necessary. It's all in there. Plenty of thought- provoking material in there. Let's hope it kindles some ideas.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 03:50PM

We each have our reasons for leaving. Whatever it took to crack our shelves leads to the same eventual conclusion: that the church is a fraud.

It is void of compassion, empathy, heart and soul to deny members to attend the ward of their choosing. It doesn't care what impact those decisions have on members. It's all about the head count. Inconveniencing the elderly and infirm isn't even a remote concern for the decision makers.

It's a good letter - maybe it will register with whoever reads it, one can hope.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 04:02PM

Speaking as an exmo of long standing, the way the letter is written leaves me feeling a bit angsty...

Your points are absolutely all valid, especially the line about 'This is the ONLY church that cares where you attend.'

But as your letter stands now, it seems that your only reason for resigning is based on inconvenience. That's where I feel angsty. Because I hope it's not. I want to believe that having been stirred by the uninspired new ward boundaries, you've learned a few things about the founding and history of the church which has brought you to this juncture. I think it will take away their dismissal of what you're doing as merely a petulant reaction.

I think it would be a much more palpable thorn in the feet of those who read your letter if there was mention of something like, "Hey, thanks to your total lack of inspiration, I was pushed into asking a series of questions about mormonism that has resulted in me tendering my resignation in your straitjacket of a phony religion. Thanks!"

But of course, I'll be happy with however you do it, because from my perspective, 'out' is 'out'!!

Date: October 06, 2017 04:20PM

Elderolddog,
If you have ever read any of my whiny crap from June, July and Aug.? It IS way more than just an inconvenience.
I am not done by a long shot. I am just getting started. I have new ink in my printer. I think I might send my old friends an update on where I am at. I have pages and pages of notes, names, dates and places to share of stuff most TBM's don't know about. I figure 20-25 letters to those I don't see anymore. I want the world to know it is all a fraud. A nice note in a christmas card? I have learned so much in such a short amount of time this year. I am embarrassed to say I was a mormon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 10:46AM by cutekitty.

Date: October 06, 2017 04:47PM

cutekitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Elderolddog,
> ...
>
> I am not done by a long shot. I am just getting
> started.
>
> ...
>

Yay!! I am no longer angsty!

Date: October 06, 2017 04:48PM

I want the world to know too but i think most of the world really does know its a fraud. Its just a few small million that actually think its legit.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 04:26PM

It's nice to write the letter for the sake of therapy, but there is essentially no one to write it to, since no one is apt to read it. This is why the letter of resignation is short and sweet. It says what it needs to, and they mechanically read it and declare you no longer Mormon (even if the do keep your name on file.)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 04:33PM

I hope those you mentioned will also step out and confront this issue. The mormon church obviously doesn't care about its members and their difficult situations. That's shameful.

Date: October 06, 2017 04:54PM

The church disregards your wishes or intentions whether in or out of the cult.

I wrote a letter for my birth son should he decide to find me one day, and filed it with SLC headquarters. I was assured when he came calling they would make sure he received my letter, and a poem I'd written for him when he was a newborn.

He did contact them slightly over a decade ago for *any* information on his birth family. And.was.given.nothing. Not my letter, or my poem. No family history or even his ethnicity - his adoptive family had lied to him and covered up his true ethnicity his entire life before I found him later that same year.

The church ignores the best and sincerest intentions of its members and soon-to-be ex-members. Writing your letter may be therapeutic for you. Doubtful it will reach anyone who reads it. Usually people who work at Temple Square are such good and faithful stewards of the cult's bidding, they will not even give it a second glance (most likely.)

It will process your resignation however, no matter how you write your letter, so long as you include that in your request to it. The only way you'll know anyone reads what you wrote is when you receive confirmation that your resignation is finalized.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 05:01PM

It seems to me that back in the 70's, when I was in my youth, the church was much more conscientious about the elderly and handicapped than they are now. They always seemed to be helping them, at least in the wards I was in. Back then, there was a pervading sense that Zion was coming soon, and they needed to get ready for it. Nowadays, everything is all about money. The church just wants to make and hold on to all the money that they can. Anyone holding them back can just go away; what do they care? The financial rat race is much more important.

Date: October 06, 2017 09:47PM

That was my era likewise. We called them "service projects" where I grew up.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 03:46AM

Now that they know Jesus isn't coming, they can go back to their callous indifference.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 05:01PM

Just from another point of view...
You seem to have a lot of anger which I fully understand and have gone through but as I said in another one of your posts, don't say anything. The best revenge is getting on with your life. Engaging with Mormons is a non-starter.

Date: October 06, 2017 05:51PM

Venting does have a time and place, if for no other reason than it can feel so good. If one thinks about what the 'venter' gains, and disregards the fact that it has no effect on the 'vented', and they don't shoot at you, I'm okay with it.

As someone without a religion, and thus a guide to behavior that must be followed to gain salvation, I can let a lot of what other people do, slide. But certainly "it's no skin off my nose" is not a dependable guide to living.

Date: October 06, 2017 07:57PM

Wow Dorothy, was that directed at me? Of course Cutekitty has reason to be angry but I'm giving a different perspective, respectively I hope. "Bite me" to the Bishop? That's exactly what the mormons want so they can label you a nut case. It might make you feel good at the time and get golf claps from this audience, but in the end, waste of time. Anger has a way of holding on to you (I know). If you still believe, drive 15 miles and go back to church with your head high, if not, have a glass of wine with a friend and start planning your future.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 06:59PM

A lot of people try to shame others, especially women, about being angry. Respectfully: Bite me. Cute Kitty has every right to be angry and this is the perfect place to express it and process it. Anger lessens or leaves when and if anger lessens or leaves. Telling someone to stuff their feelings and move on...I get angry about that. Grins.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 06:32PM

For what it's worth, I empathize with your plight. I have lived in the shackles of mormonism and witnessed the dividing of wards many times. I seen one new ward created out of these divisions that had one Deacon and one Priest. The Elders had to bless & pass the sacrament every Sunday and they despised doing that lowly task. Murmuring got so bad that the Stake President dude had to come and address the congregation over the pulpit and tell them that gawd wanted it done this way to teach them humility and servitude.

Another time I refused to attend the new ward, but was rebuked by my old bishop that there was an important calling waiting for me in the new ward and the people I would influence there would be lost forever if I didn't attend where assigned and accept that new calling. There wasn't a calling waiting for me, unless you call home teaching an important calling.

As for the resignation part, you have many valid reasons for leaving and each one of them is important to you. Writing them down in a letter is beneficial to you but to the person who initiates the resignation, he has no interest in reading your reasons. I resigned 2 years ago and entertained many thoughts of what I might say to them in a resignation letter. But, in the end, I figured it wouldn't make any difference so I used the free resignation lawyer in Salt Lake City. No excuses, no reasons, just a simple "I resign" and it was over.

Once you are out, you can attend whatever meeting you want wherever you want. Not having a calling would be a plus and not paying tithing an even bigger plus. If you really feel the need to give your hard earned money to the mighty morg, you can always donate anonymously and they will eagerly take it without question. I was a financial clerk and we frequently had anonymous donors. Cha-ching, it all goes into the same deposit bag.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 07:40PM

"You may remove my name from your roster" may or may not get interpreted by your bishop as "I resign".

Legal documents should be short, direct and unambiguous. bishops have a vested interest in not understanding what you want.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 07:56PM

I would take out the "Respectfully submitted," and insert "F--- YOU" after paragraphs 2,3, and 7.

Sometimes swearing is the only thing that gets through.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 08:03PM by summer.

Posted by: boydslittlefactory ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 08:09PM

I suggest you change the part about being offended. I suspect that any indoctrinated mormon will latch onto that phrase and disregard anything else that follows. Leaving it as is will just feed into the tired old party line that such and such "was offended" and that is why they don't attend any more.

Otherwise the letter is good.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 08:10PM

Myself, after the letter from her bishop and a visit from her prior bishop, I think she has a case for sending a letter. MAYBE THEY'LL LEAVE HER ALONE NOW.

My boyfriend asked me some years ago why I would write to the bishop who was over the singles' ward when I met my "ex-husband." He was the one who set us up to experiment, etc. I thought about it and decided it was long in the past (30 years) and I'd let it go. Then his wife stuck her nose into our business after 30+ years of not being in that ward. She stopped at my ex's office and talked to his workers about us and wanted to get the gossip on what was going on. She mentioned alimonry and that I was supposedly unhappy with my alimony. Hell, I get tired of being the bad guy in this situation. I had NEVER even mentioned the word alimony.

So I finally found his address and I fired off a 5 page letter about the last 30+ years and I let the bishop know how wrong he was for what he did. Then I told him to tell his wife to keep OUT OF OUR BUSINESS.I mailed it immediately.

Did it do any good? I don't know. It helped me. It was time I had my say.

I also wrote a letter to the bishop who told me that my ex cheated on me because I wasn't giving him enough sex. He didn't even ask how much sex. He just said whatever amount it wasn't enough. I finally told him what I thought. He was one who got me to marry my ex.

Somehow we "fixed" the situation for ourselves without any help from the LDS, but I wanted my say. I know IT effected both of these men.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 08:10PM by cl2.

Posted by: +1cutekitty ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 08:11PM

you need to say:

I resign effective immediately.

saying that "you may remove my name" gives them permission not too....

Date: October 06, 2017 11:29PM

It is finished. Done.
Thank you all.

Date: October 07, 2017 12:44AM

Nice, you resigned? I might still try to get financial help as a last resort before i officially resign. I have to play things smart i do not have a lot of allies in this town.

Date: October 07, 2017 12:57AM

Neither do I badass, but I am going nuts wondering how I can be such an old fool?

All the stuff I read about the church phreaks me out daily. I am addicted to my laptop. I get home and turn it on and read crap everyday. I can't get enough.

I hope I don't die soon and need a funeral. That is in the wind.

I had big plans to do the F&T thing. The plan was to do it and leave town where there won't be any retaliation. Can't do it in a hurry tho. Planning takes too much time to get rid of excess stuff and move to Colorado. I could not wait that long. Everyday I am mad at the world and the internet, via YouTube, for opening my eyes.

I had to pull the trigger and get it over with, now. So, I did.

Date: October 08, 2017 12:26AM

Looks like we do the same thing with youtube and venting on here. There is nobody to turn to in my town that understands anything. So i vent my thoughts here and to my counselor every week. I can not contain my anger that well anymore. My survival is at stake so the pressure is always on to get well and get well fast. People are so asleep in this town its rediculous, i am like yelling at walls every day.

Date: October 08, 2017 12:29AM

I want to know if you will still give your speech in front of everybody because that would be so badass you have no idea.

Date: October 08, 2017 10:54AM

A birdie told me I would have 20-30 seconds. But, I don't need a mic. My concern is them booting me off the stand.

I plan on seeking a lawyer for the elderly and disabled they have alienated and see if there is discrimination going on or not?
Not letting all the elderly and disabled folks attend in their old building? That is downright mean. Telling them they have to go far away or else? BS and more BS PhD! (piled high and deep)

TSCC is really shooting themselves in the foot with alienating members. It is not growing the numbers in attendance. They are going to hate me when I am done.

What arrogant asses drawing their lines in the sand??? Real Christlike huh?

Date: October 08, 2017 12:36PM

Well i am very proud to be on the other side of the line. I never really fit in to the corporation or cult and they will not make me feel ashamed for being on the other side of the line. I become a better human being every single day and i want to be on the front lines of the other side of the line. I dont want to become complacent as i think other exmos have become.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 08:30PM

Well done! Congratulations to you, cutekitty :)

P. S. I don't know in which area you live but I couldn't help thinking, while reading your letter, that this might make an effective 'letter to the editor' in your local newspaper. Taking pains, as you've done here, to completely disguise the affected members that you've given as examples of the inconvenience of some ward members.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 08:36PM by cinda.

Posted by: Google ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 09:38PM

Time: 1911
Place: The Bridge of the Titanic
Event: After hitting the iceberg
Person:Captain
Famous last words time: It's just a little leak, no one will notice. Nothing to worry about.

Time: 2027
Place: Salt Lake city LDS HQ
Event: After hitting the iceberg (the internet.)
Person:LDS President
Famous last words time: Now who said the internet would not hurt us?

2 days later: LDS shuts down for good.

Date: October 06, 2017 11:24PM

Y'all will really think I am nuts when I tell you what else the old bishop had me do..........I am in deep doodoo...

Some LDS refugees(10) from Africa came to our old ward last year. For what ever reason, the BMV in Indiana won't let them have a car in their name. They can pay cash for one. So, the bishop had a great idea- we will get a member to put the car in their name and let the refugees pay the car insurance....

Sounds great, huh?

Guess what sports fans? I listened to my p'hood authority and did it. NOW guess what? The people are in another ward, the bishop is in another ward and I have a car and title I am liable for. If they have a wreck and are not keeping up with the insurance? I am liable. I called the BMV and they said call the cops, get them involved to see how I can get my name off the title. Dum old bishop. Leave me in a lurch. AND, stupid old me for listening to a man and not my better judgement.

I am going to find a disability/elder lawyer and see where I can go for help with all the elderly in our ward that have been turned out. They know these members cannot get to the new building. It is sick and twisted. Do I sound pissed off?
You betcha. I might even call channel 6 and they can investigate why these neighbors/members are turned away from the local church? It can get ugly real quick.....

I just got home from bingo and haven't mailed it yet. I think I should add the 'effective immediately...' or highlight the 'remove my name'. I need to be more demonstrative in this letter. I sound like a wuss.

Thanks for all the great ideas and advice everybody.

Date: October 06, 2017 11:52PM

With regard to the car thingy, your dmv may have a form you can fill out in which you release your interest in the car. Just for shits & giggles, you can put down your bishop's name as the person to whom you released your interest... in the valuation box, put down $1... It's a 'your signature only' form, at least in CA it is.

You may even be able to do it over los interwebs, or at least download the form...

Then you're home free, in terms of liability.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 11:53PM by elderolddog.

Date: October 07, 2017 12:33AM

Thanks, elderolddog.

Date: October 08, 2017 12:08PM

A car, I'm finally speechless. My only suggestion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGHX_jsuRy0

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 01:58AM

Cutekitty, I agree that you should send in your letter to the local newspaper, as a Letter To The Editor! Let people know what a scam of a cult Mormonism really is!

Also, make copies of your letter, and keep them by the door. If any Mormons come banging on your door, just hand them a copy, and slam the door. Your letter says it all.

Walk in any direction, and attend the first Christian church you come to. They are all good--certainly far better than the Mormon church, which, as you probably know by now, is not "Christian."

We are within walking distance from the Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, and a non-denominational Christian church, and all of them are excellent.

Have you tried Uber?

There's probably a non-Mormon Boy Scout troop in your neighborhood, that you don't know about. They would probably mow your lawn for you. Can you afford to pay a neighborhood teen-ager? Get to know your NOT-Mormon neighbors! Non-Mormons are nicer than you have been brainwashed to believe.

Date: October 07, 2017 10:01AM

My old bishop was my home teacher! and SAW my front yard getting knee length. No help. He knows the drs. want to do double knee replacement but could not get a clue I can't do a hill in the yard?????????????? My front yard looks like a vacant lot.

Plenty of scouts and young men who can sing christmas carols to me in the freezing weather, but I can't get my grass cut? It would only take 25 minutes. I even have a working mower and gas. I can do the back and side yard, slowly, with a crutch under my arm so I don't fall.

Date: October 08, 2017 12:20AM

I have now realized that mormons don't know how to help anybody. They will throw food at you while you sink in quicksand and wonder why you arent getting better.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 07:05AM

I am just plain proud of you, cutekitty! You are getting this off your chest, plus getting out of the stupid, stupid mormon church. And, I love summer's idea of inserting some f*** you's in strategic places.

Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 12:01PM

No, No. Hopefully, you're kidding about her really doing that, because it would only provide "PROOF" to the LDS that she is REALLY only leaving because she is a SINNER. Her actually reasons will then be quickly ignored, and the LDS will feel justified.
Never reinforce a stereotype.

Date: October 08, 2017 12:39PM

Nope not kidding we want god to hear that f word echo throughout that building its been a long time coming. A very long time coming.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 02:20PM

What matters is that exmos do what feels right to them. They are the injured victims who are trying to recover.

Date: October 08, 2017 03:42PM

Thanks for this. For 42 years, the Mormons told me how to feel and what to think and do. It really grates on me when the exmormons do the same. Do what works for you.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 01:20PM

I'm with badass on this one. Sometimes you do what you gotta do. Who cares what they think. If you are leaving, they not gonna like you anyway. You might as well speak your damn mind. They sure gonna speak theirs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 01:21PM by Aquarius123.

Date: October 08, 2017 04:13PM

Holy sh#t someone agreed with me. Maybe i have to get a little more couragous like cutekitty as well. I really don't feel i have done what i need to do.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 01:44PM

Right toward of Steve Hassan's BITE model of cult mind control:

"Dictate where, how, and with whom the member lives and associates or isolates."

I think telling a member which church building they attend without using common sense falls under this.

Date: October 08, 2017 08:05PM

As far as dropping the f word. I have tried and those who hear me, say stuff like-'why you talking like that?' shame me. I say 'it's the new me cussing some.'

And Moe, you are correct alcohol would be fun but,
I have chronic OH poisoning... Would like some Clo du Bois.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 09:59PM by cutekitty.

Date: October 08, 2017 08:35PM

I cuss like a motherf#cker these days. I was told to sit down and shut up for so long that its just been building up.

Date: October 08, 2017 09:59PM

Is it snowing out there yet?

Date: October 08, 2017 11:31PM

No but its coming i can feel it. My body can feel it which is not good.

Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 10:21PM

I think you should get your letter printed be it in a paid add, in the public announcements ; in the yard sale and jobs section; and mail it first as a letter trying to get it published

Yes there is too Awareness heartburn and public roasting fir shameless action on the part of the religious; curdle their stomachs publically shining a light on the unconscionable thing they have done ripping rugs out from beneath elderly church from folk; it'll flip their self congratulations into a bit of public chastised don't look too Christian now do I moments.

Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 10:29PM

My dear husband says : they'll have a little bit of a hicky fit."

Complain publicly ,You have nothing left to loose do not cooperate with their expectation not to make waves.

Posted by: psychic ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 11:16PM

Would you like some CHEESE with your whine???

Date: October 08, 2017 11:33PM

Would you like whine shoved down your throat? Dont make fun of cutekitty again.

Date: October 08, 2017 11:38PM

Hey now, let's play nice. Cutekitty isn't a delicate flower. She's going to have to be tough if she's going to call out the crappy policy forced ward changes. We're allowed to make fun of each other here. Threats of violence...not so much.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.