Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 07:40PM

Are there any facts that can lead to the so-called - the church is true?
I cannot find any. But, the facts will lead anyone to the fraud of the church - this is really straightforward.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luckylucas ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 09:10PM

There are some things that the church can explain. For everything else there's the spirit (or holy ghost).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 09:11PM by luckylucas.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 06, 2017 11:55PM

By "facts" I believe U intend items that can be independently verified & repeated (like an experiment in chemistry, physics, etc).

I myself can't imagine, none such comes to mind any such thing regarding Mormonism;

In Fact, their presidents/ (claimed) prophets fall Far Short of their own claims in "Profiles of a Prophet", which they've published repeatedly...

It MIGHT be amusing to listen to a apologist or a LDS leader attempt to reconcile the two, but I'm not holding my breath...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 12:07AM by GNPE.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 12:00AM

Right. The fact you need "faith" is a dead giveaway it is made up or at least not-factual.

Posted by: Anonish ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 10:36AM

I left the church because I found out things that led me to believe that Joe could not have been a profit of god. From there I deconsructed Christianity. Do I have facts? I do not think we do. We have strong circumstantial evidence thats leads me to believe neither are true. But facts? I was not in he grove or on the hill at Calvary. No one living was.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 07, 2017 10:41AM

Exactly. Once you recognize the kind of criteria needed to accept a premise for it to be factual, it's very difficult not to apply the detective skills to other parts of life- especially other religions. Mormons are amateurs!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 08, 2017 12:10PM

My POV when I was younger was that "facts" were what made the church true--

First Vision: FACT
Old World/New World connections i.e. Egyptains *and* meso-americans both did brain surgery: FACT
Gold Plates: FACT

Enough of that rhetoric and common sense would tell you that it's true, even if you didn't pray about it.

That, of course, was in the days before Google when only the hush-hush Tanner book had most of the damning evidence that TSCC was BS.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.