Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 01:26PM

How will this play out in Kolobia?

Also, do girls want to do this when they already have the superior Brownies program?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 01:37PM

Boy Scouts want the money and do not think girla want to be in Girl Scouts. I think they are wrong, but I am an old Girl Scout.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 02:28PM

So if you put Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts together, do you get puppies 9 months later? Or what? :)

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 06:27PM

Curl Scouts?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 03:10PM

Do you think BSA became financially pinched when the church decided to leave and start their own program?

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 06:42PM

quite the opposite. BSA has realized that to be viable it has to go coed like scouting in the rest of the world. This was a dealbreaker with the kolobians.

So BSA gave them a heads up, let the kolobians leave three months ago so they could say they weren't leaving because of the girls, then three months later, BSA went coed.

It was about the girls. Kolobians are lying.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 07:29PM

Why would they give them a head's up? Why would they allow them to save face if they're jumping ship?

That doesn't make sense.

I was a Girl Scout. Girl Scouts are about empowering women. Loved it! Would never subject my beautiful little 8-year-old daughter to the cub scouts.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 04:17PM

Ya gotta admit, within the ranks pup tent will have new meaning(s)...

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 08:27PM

I don't think that it would be possible for me to care less.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 09:20PM

I'm dead set against co-ed camp-outs. My little girl was molested by a creepy high school senior, at a ward camp-out. Sorry, but these days, parents shouldn't entrust their children to strangers. I learned the hard way; I was brainwashed into thinking all Mormons are nice. The assailant was the Bishop's son. The bishop's daughter brought a loaded gun to school. There are good people, but the bad ones ruin things.

It's obvious, now, finally, exactly why the Mormons rejected the Boy Scout program. Why can't Mormons ever be up-front and honest about anything? They want to perpetuate the "good ol' boy's club" mentality. Ain't no fun if gulrls are aloud. Secret club house, secret temple, secret handshakes, secret new names known only by the husband, women's bodies meant to "grow the church by reproducing."

Mormonism is a tiny little cult, and I doubt that it's withdrawal will effect the Scout program, financially.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 11, 2017 11:58PM

I was kicked out of the cub scouts for eating a brownie.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 12:56PM

That was funny.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.