Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 11:17AM

I posted awhile ago about a Utah family who continued multiplying to replenish the earth with having a high genetic potential for creating a child ergo would die drugged on pain meds if they even made it to adulthood.

Today at work I saw a link about a 3 year old left at a corn maze and not noticed missing until the next day. Guess where it happened? Wait for it.

Utah, West Jordan. I know the procreaters are Mormon but I don't know if the cirn maze people are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 11:53AM

Yep. It's been discussed here:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2029638

Date: October 12, 2017 10:25PM

Sorry, I haven't been following the board at all. Just saw it today on the news feed. It is like I have inspiration or something to click these things? Nah, I just click and Mormonism's influence appears about the same rate as other bad influences on humanity. The kicker is because it isn't gambling addictions, drug addictions, or other addictions it is somehow not as bad?

Posted by: funeral taters ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 12:00PM

If it happened in Utah, then wouldn't it be in a "carn" maze?

Date: October 12, 2017 10:26PM

And they were up a crick in that carn.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 10:29PM

Any other state and someone would be in jail for child neglect. Here, it's "Well gosh, you only lost one? Good job!"

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 10:33PM

What did Utah do this time? ;-)

Negligent parents cross state lines. We're not even sure they're Mormons.

Someone here guessed they may be FLDS since several families lived together. But wouldn't a polygamous family be considered "one family?"

It does make one wonder since they were so negligent as to leave a three year old overnight in a corn maze before even knowing he was missing, where the heck their brains were at?

CPS should be combing all over that case by now. Or they were already aware of the family because they may have had other incidents like this happen before. It's almost as bad as leaving a child in a hot car to suffocate.

Date: October 12, 2017 10:45PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Negligent parents cross state lines. We're not
> even sure they're Mormons.

Not sure but I'm sure there is Mormon influence in this with the concept of all is well in Zion and the tribe will do my job for me.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 12, 2017 10:50PM

It does beg the question considering the place.

Also if the child had died as a result of being left alone in the corn maze overnight then his parents would've been held to the same standard as parents leaving a child inside a hot car to die.

I hope their little boy grows up with more sense than either of his parents have. If he makes it past childhood.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 13, 2017 02:43PM

"It was an oversight that we learned from," said the father.

Dude, not noticing your kid dumped the lunch you made him in the trash is an "oversight."

Leaving your 3 year-old behind after an outing, and not even noticing until the next morning, that's stupid and abuse.

Date: October 15, 2017 06:37PM

ificouldhietokolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Leaving your 3 year-old behind after an outing,
> and not even noticing until the next morning,
> that's stupid and abuse.

And it wasn't any old outing. It was a maze. Amazing how neglectful that is to me. I've taken my kids to a corn maze and made sure they were in a group and not alone.

Amazing how irresponsible, neglectful, and abusive that is.

"Oh, someone is bound to be watching them..."

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: October 13, 2017 02:56PM

My dad was one of 13 kids...Catholic, not Mormon. He told me of a complaint one of his classmates made to his parents when he was a kid. The classmate had seen my dad and several of his siblings riding on the fender of a tractor my grandfather was driving down the highway. The classmate thought it looked like fun and asked his parents if he could ride on the tractor fender, too. His mother quickly replied, "No! Those Supernuts got so many kids that they can afford to lose one or two, but you're the only one we got and we can't afford to be careless with you."

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 15, 2017 06:44PM

Someone on the other thread said kids in their family were left behind regularly and their mom won an award as mother of the year. She should have been prosecuted for neglect and been forced to take parenting classes and see her children only with supervision until she learned to watch out for them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.