Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 02:59PM

I can't get anywhere without a cat crossing the street slowly like they own the place. They do it on purpose i swear. This may start a riot on the board i know there are a lot of cat lovers here but the cat problem might be a real thing they are everywhere. Never seen a dog behave like they do. Dogs for life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 03:16PM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...but the cat problem might be a real thing they are
> everywhere.

It depends on your perspective...from a cat's standpoint, homo sapiens sapiens are "everywhere" (and getting very uncomfortably moreso with every passing day).

Keep in mind: if there IS reincarnation, and IF living creatures do share the same "life" potential, you might be reborn as a cat in your next incarnation...so the "do unto others" advice could be of great value to what MIGHT be your own future self in a few years.

(And I am only partially kidding!!)

Date: October 18, 2017 03:56PM

No No No i will not become a cat. I have thought about a cats perspective that there are too many of us in their way. A cat really would think that way they think they own the planet. My neighbor believes in reincarnation and thinks she is reincarnated and she thinks she isn't from this planet and says i am not from this planet either. She may know too much about the badass i try to act normal like everyone else but i have never felt a belonging here from as long as i can remember.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 04:14PM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
> No No No i will not become a cat. I have thought
> about a cats perspective that there are too many
> of us in their way. A cat really would think that
> way they think they own the planet.

So, no different than us homo sapiens sapiens, right? :)

> My neighbor
> believes in reincarnation and thinks she is
> reincarnated

I was raised (because of the Vedanta/Hinduism I was raised in, and also because of my aunt and my other maternal relatives) to believe in reincarnation, so this is "home base" for me.

I grew up in and among people who mostly believed that reincarnation not only "happens," but actually did happen, and specifically to THEM.

> and she thinks she isn't from this
> planet and says i am not from this planet either.

I have heard of this, but personally, I have never known anyone who felt this way.

> She may know too much about the badass i try to
> act normal like everyone else but i have never
> felt a belonging here from as long as i can
> remember.

If this were true (because I have no way of knowing whether it is true or is not true), then part of your "assignment"/"purpose" here, on THIS planet, would be to learn how to be an Earthling and how to solve Earthly problems.

This is a new perspective you can use for your own practical good when things seem to be rougher for you than usual: Assume (for the moment) that you ARE a traveler from another planet, and a newcomer to this one.

Figure out what someone from the same planet you came from would do if they were in your exact position at this point in time.

What this exercise of your imagination does is stretch your personal perspective to encompass more possibilities/"answers" than are usual for you, and this provides you with more possibilities and options to choose from.

Even if the factual truth is that no one in human form is now, or ever has been in the past, from another planet, this is a good mind and psyche exercise that you may be able to use for your own benefit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2017 04:18PM by Tevai.

Date: October 18, 2017 04:32PM

I really don't know what to think of myself she is not the only one to tell me this in life. But i do know that i am different maybe because of trauma in my past and creating an alter ego that feels like an old soul from another world. I seriously do feel like some kind of warrior that got sent here from somewhere else but that would mean the pre-existence part of mormonism might be accurate i don't know. I stay silent about the matter because i don't want to be called crazy more than i already have in life and i just want to live a real and peaceful life if i can. I do think the medical field is very slow and not that amazing but i have no idea why i feel that way, it takes like forever just to repair simple injuries and mental trauma. But i do try to act normal like thinking what would a normal person do in this situation. I have been doing that a lot lately talking with lawyers and paralegals on what the hell i should do in my situation. My best friend always said we were beings of light and energy trapped in shitty bodies, maybe he was on to something i don't know. It is a shitty body i have had like 8 surgeries in a row so far, all different parts of the body some surgeries at the same time. And it takes forever for the mind to heal from trauma or religious trauma. Not happy how long its taking its like a full time job to get healthy again actually its harder than a full time job.

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 05:03PM

off my parents ranch. The dogs and cats obviously went with different farm fields. Wow and in town animals were on the street unnoticed. If its a cat I just be polite, be friendly, or politely walk by other people's cats or chickens hiding underneath my vehicle or inside the hedge. Just be careful, tread nicely, politely they are little animals not on the comfort of a farm full of endless turkey feeders kibble.

re reincarnation, a Buddhist priest told me you'd get reincarnated 45 days after you die seeing as you walk through and don't become a hungry ghost. Something like that. 45 days he said 45 days from death to reincarnation. yeah he told me that fairly recently, within the past three years or so. 45 days, that's all you've got before you're down to the planet reincarnated.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 03:27PM

I have four cats that I keep in my home, but in my neighborhood there are many outdoor pet cats, as well as strays and feral cats. When driving through the neighborhood, I try to be alert for any cats that might suddenly decide to cross the street. I would feel terrible if I injured or killed one, especially if it was someone's pet.

Date: October 18, 2017 03:59PM

What is a feral cat compared to a stray cat.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 04:03PM

A stray cat is one that has/ had a home/ owner and now doesn't. Got lost, ran away, etc.

A feral cat is one that was born, raised and lives in the wild....never had a home/ owner.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 03:50PM

Yeah, and I hate the infernal barking. My neighbor has a beagle, that they keep chained up in the front yard, and it barks and howls all day long. Our neighbor behind us has two golden retrievers up on a balcony that looks over our fence, and we can't enjoy our garden, or have a conversation, without the barking drowning us out. These dogs are next to my bedroom, and they bark all night, too. The neighbors on the other side of us have an old, blind dog, that has always liked to take a nap in the middle of the street, where the asphalt is warm. For years, we have had to drive around that thing, and it's amazing it's still alive. Our other neighbors used to walk their dog, and let it poop on our lawn, every day, and every day, I had to clean it up. Finally, I caught it in the act and turned the hose on it. The owners saw me, and got angry, and I said, "I'm just training your dog not to poop on my lawn every day, since you won't clean up after it." Another of my neighbors had the same problem, and so she picked up the dog poop with a shovel, and flung it against the owners' front door, until the owners got the message to clean up after their dog.

Oh...you were writing about cats walking around....

Date: October 18, 2017 04:03PM

Well dogs definitely have their problems but cats are smarter and they actually know what they are doing to piss me off. They try to kill me with allergies through life and i am not allergic to dogs.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 05:26PM

Just do not ever, ever hurt a cat or any other animal. Your allergies are your problem, cats are not trying to kill you. It is perfectly ok to prefer dogs, or parakeets, or any other pet to cats, but your hatred of them sounds like it is crossing a line. Get a dog, be kind to it, but leave the cats alone. They are not out to get you.

Date: October 18, 2017 05:31PM

You need to watch the movie "Cats Eye" a collection of 3 short films by Stephen King.

Date: October 18, 2017 05:35PM

And by the way, how's the new focus on resolving your issues and not obsessing over your problems on this BB going?

Date: October 18, 2017 05:47PM

Solving as we speak i am with my case worker and she is filling out paperwork right now. Trying to get into a cheaper home and other things type of stuff.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 06:50PM

My husband is allergic to cats. We tried everything to handle the problem and finally had to find another home for our cat.

I don't think anyone should simply say that allergies are somehow the fault of the sick suffering victim.

The answer is that whoever has a cat needs to warn allergic people that it might be a problem. If a family member gets sick from cats, don't keep cats in the house. If you know someone is allergic and they don't see the cat as they enter a space, tell them so they can quickly leave.

I understand those who dearly love animals. I can't abide those who say a person's allergies to cats or dogs is their own problem, so deal with cats and dogs and illness alone. That's cruel.

Date: October 18, 2017 08:27PM

Every cat person i have known has chosen the cat over me and my allergies. They don't give two sh#ts the cat always takes priority that is why there is always a rivalry between us.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 10:13PM

The cats are entirely at the mercy of their owners/caretakers. If they're rejected, they're out on the street and into a hostile world and a miserable, short life.

You, presumably, are a grown man and completely capable of taking care of yourself in a world where humans have all the power. And they've constructed a society that makes it easy to do well at the expense of animals that might get in their way or be considered very tasty.

Consider yourself lucky.

Date: October 18, 2017 11:44PM

Why do i get the feeling that cats will be the owners of people one day. They definitely act like it.

Posted by: infinitelyme ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 07:12PM

My husband was also allergic to cats. I told him if it became a problem, guess who's going.. ?? Fortunately, through my research in minimizing cat allergies, I was able to control their dander via what I fed them, and he never had an issue. Nevertheless, the marriage lasted 5 years, the cats lived to be 19 & 20. I do miss my old ladies. I have 5 more now :D

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 07:48PM

What did you feed your cats to control the dander?

Date: October 18, 2017 08:30PM

Different food, free of dyes and crap. I got lucky, my cats are cheap dates and do best on Cat Chow Naturals (or plain cat chow years ago). There are higher end foods that also help (science diet was good for mine, Iams was definitely NOT) You have to experiment somewhat based on the kitty or kitties. It's all in how their bodies process the ingredients. If their poop is real stinky, their dander is probably worse for those humans who are sensitive to it. Canned foods can cause acne and "undesirable" secretions, so those are only treats. Every cat is different, just as every person's allergies are different. No doubt for some people it's not going to help.

My youngest has allergy induced asthma. Somehow she's fine with the cats, but *most* dogs set her off in a bad way. Maybe because she was "born into" the cats, I don't know really. I'm inclined to think she's okay with the dogs that have diets that suit them best.

Date: October 19, 2017 05:46AM

infinitelyme Wrote:
> Different food, free of dyes and crap. I got
> lucky, my cats are cheap dates and do best on Cat
> Chow Naturals (or plain cat chow years ago). There
> are higher end foods that also help (science diet
> was good for mine, Iams was definitely NOT) You
> have to experiment somewhat based on the kitty or
> kitties. It's all in how their bodies process the
> ingredients. If their poop is real stinky, their
> dander is probably worse for those humans who are
> sensitive to it. Canned foods can cause acne and
> "undesirable" secretions, so those are only
> treats. Every cat is different, just as every
> person's allergies are different. No doubt for
> some people it's not going to help.

What food to give pets like cats or dogs does make a big difference in their digestive systems. It's helpful to know there is a correlation between their food and how they generate dander. That was something I haven't experimented with before but may now after reading your post.

I had to stop feeding my dog Little Cesar's soft food because it was making him very sick. I was feeding him some every day with his dry food, and found he's done so much better on dry food alone than giving him that stuff. You think it's something 'special' but it was becoming toxic to my pet to include it as part of a regular diet. :(

Science Diet is a popular choice for vets in my area. But then that's the #1 variety they sell from their offices. They get paid to promote it.

>
> My youngest has allergy induced asthma. Somehow
> she's fine with the cats, but *most* dogs set her
> off in a bad way. Maybe because she was "born
> into" the cats, I don't know really. I'm inclined
> to think she's okay with the dogs that have diets
> that suit them best.

I never used to have allergies to pets until the past ten years. It came down to years of my having been a cat and dog owner (w/multiple pets of both species,) it finally caught up to me. Both are now triggers for me for asthma. Cats are worse for me than are dogs. When I pet either I now wash my hands right away. My only remaining pet is a hypoallergenic dog, who is not 100% hypoallergenic but is better than other breeds by far.

My last cat I had til she died at 17, was a Himilayan. They're noted for being more hypoallergenic than most other cat breeds (one of the long-haired variety,) so I was able to mostly tolerate her. She was our beloved Lace. Was bought to be a mouser as a kitten and a Valentine's Day present for my children in 1994. We named her Theodora Lace Valentine. Several months after bringing her home and naming her I received her pedigree papers in the mail.

Her mother's name unbeknownst to us until then? Blue Valentine. :)

Lace was a "match made in heaven," for my children and our family.

She never had to catch mice in our NYC apartment. The day she moved in, the pesty mice moved out. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2017 05:50AM by Amyjo.

Date: October 18, 2017 08:28PM

See people always pick the cat over the person even if its a husband.

Date: October 18, 2017 09:00PM

Lol yes. But can you imagine if you loved dogs but were highly allergic? At that point you might research how/if the issue could be alleviated. I'm glad I had a reason to dig into it. My two best friends are also allergic, and I'm glad they can come into my home, just as my ex husband still can, and he's without problems at my parents' house, where cats reside as well. They're not out to get you my friend, but my "allergic" people tell the same tale you do... like they "know" and they're trying to kill you.. not so!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 09:46PM

Date: October 18, 2017 11:47PM

They are trying to kill me 100%. When a cat gets priority over you it is extremely demoralizing. I wonder what is in cat fur and not in dog fur that i am allergic to.

Date: October 19, 2017 05:32AM

Cats are more allergenic to more people for some reason than are dogs. At least that's what I've been told by ENT doctors.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 07:17PM

I'm babysitting my brother's dog while he's away. The dog and I know each other and get along well, but his constant neediness is frustrating sometimes. I don't know how people do it day in and day out.

Date: October 18, 2017 08:30PM

They are a little needy.

Posted by: Minx ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 10:04PM

Well, Don, dang it, he keeps coming to you, looking for your brother. He's not "needy," he's lost without HIS person.

You just won't do, for his heart is true.

Didn't you watch "Turner and Hootch"?

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 07:18PM

I love our cats.

I love our dogs.

I refuse to pick a favorite from among them.

Posted by: Minx ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 09:33PM

Feral animals are returned to wild, no longer tame, and sometimes haven't got normal wild animals' fear of humans. You can google it.

A neighborhood with feral cats does not usually have a rodent problem, and my neighborood is good to the wild cats. They act like they own the place, they're beautiful to the eye, they have plenty of places to water and shelter, and we're such a lot of softies, any sounds of distress are immediately tended. Groups of us going out to chase down the sound. Sort of comical.

Most think that cats can't make it without humans, but given space and respect, they do fine, sleek and active. If these cats went away, we would likely need some type of artificial rodent control. Some of them tolerate humans, and come for a short love-me-scratch-me session, then want to go be free. I consider our neighborhood cats a plus, as do most of the neighbors.

I'm sure there's some breeds meddled by humans, that would not make it in the wild. These cats are more like mini tigers that nature has made fit for their circumstances. They OWN crawl spaces and other places like that. Most of the domesticated dogs know better than to try.

I'm more of a dog person, have two, but I've had cats, and I think people and houses bore them. I've gotten to the point where it bothers me as much to to see a cat in the window as it does to see a bird in a cage.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: October 18, 2017 09:56PM

I have had, and have loved, both dogs and cats but consider myself more of a dog person. I don't know where I first heard or read this, but truer words were never spoken, IMO:

Dogs have 'masters'; cats have 'staff' :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2017 09:57PM by cinda.

Date: October 18, 2017 11:51PM

That is a very true statement we are all here to serve the cats.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 19, 2017 12:16AM

in ancient Egypt.

They know who rules. Just ask them.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 19, 2017 12:16AM

I can't even sit on the porch without 3 cats getting on my lap. I have to shoo them away when they start kneading my legs with their claws.

Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: October 19, 2017 10:17AM

I am a dog person myself I used to have an American Eskimo and she was the best dog ever! But she died :( I miss her so much! Want to get another American Eskimo sometime or maybe a husky. Then I used to have a cat when I was a kid but we ended up putting her in the basement and my parents have a really creepy basement and she went kind of nuts and would attack anyone who went down there one time I was babbysitting this bratty eleven year old kid and I told him not to go down there a million times but he did anyways and she ended up scratching him all up his legs then she once jumped on my head and sank her claws into me. We had a fooseball table down there and she would play it by herself with her paws it there were balls in there and we would hear her score from upstairs lol then she dug a hole somehow in the couch and got inside and all of the sudden the couch started spasaming and we had no idea what was goin on thought our couch was possessed or somethin lol and then all of the sudden the darn cat came flying out of it at I still remember my moms scream! Also you know how dogs usually chase the cat? Well this cat chased our dog she was a little demon from hell cat! And ya...we got rid of her haha

Posted by: Joe the man ho & Brig the pig ( )
Date: October 19, 2017 10:32AM

"I try to act normal like everyone else but I have never felt a belonging here from as long as I can remember" that sounds just like me and ya I agree it seriously sucks how long it takes to heal from physical or mental trauma! :(....sigh wish life were easier for us

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.