Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hey ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 10:06AM

My guess is the senior apostles have the say (Nelson,Oaks). They are both more senior apostles than both First Presidency apostles (Eyring and Uchtdorf).

Who makes the final decision with Monson being checked out?

What say ye?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 10:08AM

I'm guessing the "united voice" of the First Presidency selects them. But it's an interesting question.

Date: October 21, 2017 10:10AM

I suppose we'll know for sure by who they pick. For example, if they go with Clayton or Callister, the most likely choices, we'll know it was Nelson and Oaks calling the shots.

Church is going to be in big trouble by the way if they go with either of those two above. Retrenching with either of those two will move the church backwards and cause a firestorm of controversy.

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 07:03AM

Can you expand on this and unpack why?

Posted by: Anon from Anchorage ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 10:37AM

The Lord, obviously. *Rolls eyes*

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 11:24AM

I think it falls upon the next longest serving apostle which would be Russell. I really wish they would raise Ole Boyd back alive, he would provide a lot of entertainment and shake things up a bit.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 02:51PM

In one of their Thursday meetings in the SLC Temple. Sitting around and having a chocolate or two. Yes there is a company that sends over a box of chocolates each week. I have read that many times on these sites.

Whatever, maybe the 12 under the direction of the who ever is leading the 12 these days.

The church will supply a folder with all the details of the person and how they were vetted. They it will be a vote!!!

Who knows. You can be sure they will have been vetted so they will not reveal any secrets they learn as they become an apostle. They will have good connections with people of importance. They will have a strong supportive wife who will say yes all the time. They will sign a document, just like in Jesus time, not to disclose things. (kidding about the stuff in Jesus time, but they will sign a disclosure). Then they will go out and fish and pull in a lot of fish in the boat. Just like in the time of Jesus. No wait, they will go to the bank and cash the check they get when they sign the disclosure papers.

It's a mystery. And mysteries are fun to try and solve. What ever happens we will be told that this is what Jesus wants for His Church.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 02:59PM

Hasn't Tommy always been incoherent?

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 06:45PM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hasn't Tommy always been incoherent?

Aren't they all somewhat incoherent? Or at least out of touch.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 06:22PM

I would think like most bureaucracies, ChurchCo has a pretty well developed succession plan in place.

I'm betting there's a short list that is kept updated by the First Presidency. When someone catches their eye, he's added. When someone screws up, they're dropped.

And my guess is we will see a non-Caucasian male this go around. The Lord is feeling the need to press even more vigorously in Africa, and what better way to show that the work is hastening there than with an African leader joining the senior ranks.

And then we will hear tearfully that "The day for which we so fervently have prayed is here."

Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 06:36PM

Won't happen. Last year they had 3 vacancies to fill. And they were filled with 3 white (and delightsome) guys from Utah.

This one has been fielded many times here in this forum. The cult will never call somebody to the Q12 who isn't "church broke". It really isn't that different from being in the mob. If the church doesn't control your family, your finances, and therefore you - you ain't gonna get any higher than a 70.

The risk of an apostle "going rogue" is just too great.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 07:19PM

I agree. It will be whitey.

They don't care about Africa. They know the reality of their conversion/retention numbers.

It ain't about conversion. It's about making RM's Mo's for life.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 08:20PM

I also think they'll keep filling vacancies with white and delightsome guys who never lived outside of Utah. They realize that their convert retention is really low, especially in Africa and other parts of the world where people have more melanin in their skin. It's also about keeping the racists who still call themselves Mormon in the church, as many of them would leave if a non-white male were selected to fill a big vacancy. Some of those racists might join a polygamist sect, but others might decide to form another splinter group, which would ban any male who wasn't of Nordic/Aryan descent to have the priesthood.

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 07:05AM

I think Robert Mugabe is available if TSCC is interested?

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: October 21, 2017 10:00PM

Not the Lord snice it's the cult of JS. Whoever is selected must be of the direct bloodline to JS, be a millionaire or fantastically wealthy, and have no scandals in their life.

Posted by: The Lord High Apostate ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 12:32AM

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 12:46AM

Dieter the Peter is technically a convert, though he my have been very young when his family converted.

Posted by: The Lord High Apostate ( )
Date: October 22, 2017 02:20PM

Reposting, wondering if any man made it to the Top 13, having come into LDS as a knowledgeable convert, say, late teens or older?

Date: October 22, 2017 11:04PM

Patrick Kearon converted in his 20s. He is not an apostle, but he is the newest member of the Presidency of the Seventy.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 10:56PM

They'll keep proping Monson up like a scarecrow as the church leader, until his heart stops beating. That is what they did to all of his predicessors and what they'll do to him. Someone behind the scenes will make all of the important decisions for the church in the meantime.

Posted by: yamsi ( )
Date: October 23, 2017 11:50PM

They will read aloud the list to Thomas, he will signal the correct choice by wiggling his ears.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.