Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: November 08, 2017 04:39PM

I'll start:

Briefly talked with my son yesterday, and asked him if his daughters said anything funny lately (which they do all the time).

He told me that his 3 and 1/2 yr. old, and very bright, daughter said to him, when he brought in her new bed mattress: 'Impressive'.

(I can't help but LOL--and share with you-all.)

PS: Me eldest daughter didn't say anything except 'Un?', and point to what she wanted, until she was 3 yrs. old. (It worked.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 08, 2017 05:21PM

:)

My 2 1/2 year old this past weekend decided she was going to give us an impromptu concert -- mainly because she apparently decided my wife and I weren't paying enough attention to her.

So she came and stood right in front of us, and proceeded to sing the "ABC" song, complete with grandiose hand/arm gestures, and two full turn-arounds. We not only watched (she got our attention), my wife recorded it on her phone.

When she was done, we (of course) applauded.

She put one hand behind her back and one on her stomach, bowed deeply to us, and then said, "Thank you, thank you very much!"

No idea where she saw that. It was hilarious, though :)

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 08, 2017 05:44PM

My 2 1/2 year old still calls Elk "Cows" after the manner of the Nephites.

I remember when I was younger I'd ask my Dad when the Salt Lake temple would be finished. He asked why. I said because you go and do ceilings for your temple work.

Now I'll show my age....

Does anyone remember a small section of the Ensign having jokes kind of like Readers Digest has?

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 09:39PM

I used to take my nephew out a lot ,to help my sister.
I usually took him out to eat and to a G rated movie, if one was out. Of course, we'd go on Saturday, when there was no school.
One time we went with my boyfriend, later my husband.
He didn't work on the weekend hardly, but other guys were, got to keep those planes running.
The guy in charge called him up on some trouble they were having, with one guy breaking or/ hiding an expensive tool. They also misplaced or couldn't find something, that wasn't where it was supposed to be,
He was just asking for advice , but my boyfriend said that he'd drop by, since we had plenty of time.
I thought my nephew would love seeing the planes in the hangar
and a couple of old ones ( just the shells) hanging from the ceiling. When he got in the car , I asked him if everything was OK, he told me that some clowns at work weren't going there jobs
( the very young airmen, blaming each other)
When we got in , my nephew was walking very slowly, staring at the planes and other stuff.
When we got upstairs , where all the offices were, he jut stopped and was peeking in each empty office, I told him to hurry up, he walked faster, still looking around, when we got to his friend's office, he was there with 2 other guys.
My shy nephew whispered to me, but i asked him to speak louder,
He wanted to know where the clowns were, the other guys smiled and asked if he was going to a BD party later.
He said " no, I Want to see the clowns here
"there supposed to be some clowns working here"
" I don't see them". The other 2 guys and I and my husband started laughing and couldn't stop.
They all use the word " clown" when referring to people messing up.He looked like he was trying to keep from crying, he thought they were laughing at him.
They just told him that the clowns were too busy.

Posted by: love kids ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 09:56PM

This morning, my friend was dropping her five year old off at school, and he became upset when the teacher supervising the car exitings (for safety) opened his door, because he wanted to do it. He decided to pretend pass-out on the car seat, with a long line of cars behind hers.

Mom: "Jimmy, get out car."

Nothing.

Mom: "Jimmy, I said get OUT of the car."

Nothing.

Mom: "Jimmy, GET OUT of THIS car RIGHT NOW!'

Jimmy sighs, grabs his bag, gets out of the car, and "passes out' again on the sidewalk right outside of the car, at the teacher's feet.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 11:08PM

My friends 3 year old asked, why is water wet?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 11:19PM

My son, who is 31 now, when we were having him memorize something for the primary program, he said he couldn't "rememberize it." Then when he was about 2, when he started sweating, he told me he was melting.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 11:24PM

When my niece was about 5, we were at a tea place at a local museum and gardens for some traditional English high tea, and she said "The scones smell funny."

More recently, the Easter after my dad retired, my niece said she wanted him to make chocolate mousse, which has to set in the refrigerator overnight, but she asked for it the night before Easter. When told that there wasn't enough time, she said, "But Grandpa's retired, he's got plenty of time." My dad ended up making a really good chocolate pudding which everyone enjoyed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 11:24PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: Ladyfarrier(notloggedin) ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 09:27AM

When I was little one of my brother's was driving our dad crazy with why this? Why that? Why why why? Dad answered and answered, then finally looked at my brother and said " Son, did you know that curiosity killed the cat? " So my brother asked "What did he want to know?"
Dad told that worry until he died.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 10:12AM

My daughter took her kids (1 and 3 years) out trick or treating this year. This is the conversation she and my 3 year old granddaughter had once they got home.

Mom: You can have one of your chocolate bars if you like.

Granddaughter: No, I don't like that. I only like BabyBels and Feta Cheese.

Mom: Maybe Hallowe'en isn't for you...

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 10:53AM

My dad told me that when I was around 5 years old, we were in downtown SLC and the bells in the clock tower started to chime. I looked up at my dad (with a lot of people around us): "Dad?!, Is that the "Hell's Bells'", dad?!, Is that the "Hells Bells"?!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 07:16PM

My just-turned-five-year-old-grandson was being reprimanded for smacking his teammate in order to get the soccer ball to score a point.

The coach asked him what had happened and he relied, "Jordan stuck his arm straight out and I had to run into it."

Earlier that week he was asked by his Mom why he had again not eaten his sandwich at lunchtime. "It has ants in it again," he firmly asserted.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.